It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror just a step?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Looking at the security for Time Square this year it's nothing less then martial Law . Ever since the war on Terror began we the people have be under the microscope, Is the War on Terror being used as an excuse to incorporate a type of Martial Law that will lead up to gun confiscation and much more as a ruse to keep us safe?
edit on 12/29/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: Spelling post from phone

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

You're going to want to add a lot more structure/content/quality this that OP or it's about to get canned....

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

First, it's "martial law".
This part is tricky, just look at Boston after the marathon bombing. I think it could happen again in isolated areas given the right circumstances. But nationally it's not realistic. I think the chances are markedly lower for it to happen now that Obama is gone.

Second, gun confiscation in the US is impossible. For a variety of reasons which have been discussed here literally thousands of times. Do a search.

Lastly, a national ccw reciprocity bill is being worked on right now. Which would be the single greatest 1st amendment affirmation since it was written.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
first, its "2nd amendment". And second, just because it is impossible, does not mean future admins and greedy California Senators would not try and sacrifice millions of lives in the process of the attempt.
We lost our rifles for a decade, never again ...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We lost our rifles for a decade ????????
Umm I am 52 just what decade did we lose our rifles in ???
because never been one in my lifetime people could not buy a Winchester
or any other rifle .
Heck my dad had a few .
nore do I every remember any time in my life or even written about for the last 200 years in which the Government went and took away rifles ??
Even semi-autos so exactly what are you talking about ?
Ps Not a gun guy here just really wondering if Your in the US ?
Or maybe I really missed something ?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
From 1995-2004 the AR family of rifles, Kalishnokov, Galil's , UZI's, MAC's , semi-auto shotguns, and other non lever action/bolt-action rifles that were not also subject to the import bans of 89 or the FOPA of 86.

Thank the congress of 2004 for coming to their senses.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I don't think we've seen martial law in the US except perhaps in the immediate aftermath of Katrina in NOLA. Honestly I find the idea that increased police presence at a high value target consists of "martial law" to be far more disturbing than the actual increased presence is.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Does Boston 2013 count? They were just invading everyones homes with no warrants as well. I believe something happened on a smaller scale in Wisconsin last year as well with that man that sent an alleged manifesto to Trump???

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Does Boston 2013 count? They were just invading everyones homes with no warrants as well. I believe something happened on a smaller scale in Wisconsin last year as well with that man that sent an alleged manifesto to Trump???

That's not martial law, that's simply an active manhunt.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not an official declaration, but were not the end results the same? Suspension of the fourth, warrant-less invasions of your home? What were your feelings of those actions? It may have actually been justified with an official declaration of ML. Better or worse that it occurred without one?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I dont believe gun changes in the US are impossible to achieve just very difficult, not quick and will be bloody.
Imo if u subscribe to a belief in false flag shootings in america, whether yay or nay, i think you could over the nxt 10 years cause/aĺlow or manipulate events to ban automatic machine guns etc due to an ever increasing body count in the major shootings, americas missenterpretation of their right to bear arms is almost never going to change and nothing will force it.
But with 50+ kills per event with automatic weapons, most americans are sickened which if you do subscribe to all of the above being false then the only plan i could fathom would be a generational bloodbath which over time changes the national mindset, but i believe the best that could b achieved is banning of those weapons with everyone being allowed handguns, ticks a lot of boxes.
edit on 30-12-2017 by RealityCheque because: Missed word out on initial type

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Theres a dystopian movie, I forget the name, the one where the cop with 'sentiment' saves the dog but they find it in his trunk and kill it then erase his sentimentality.

There's a similar dystopian I think its called F451, where the powers that be burn books and teach history (or whatever) however they please.

Times 'Scare' reminds me of Gotham from batman not just NYE but most everyday. There was a time I had to pass through Times Scare twice daily to/from school and then after to/from work on/around wall st.

Back then it wasn't to bad setting foot around Times Scare. But now? Alas, never again! Isn't NYC one of Rocketfellers' 100 Resilient Cities? =L
edit on 31-12-2017 by Planette because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join