It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge geographical difference in music software prices (help needed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I have been buying music software for ages. A terrible practise is emerging of charging people more dependent upon their geographical location.

www.uaudio.com...
(The example is the "CUSTOM 3 BUNDLE")

UAD are American based. For example they are charging me this much for a plug in bundle if I am buying from the UK in £:

£299

If I am buying in Euros (€) the same plug in bundle costs:

€399,00

Today £299 = €336.73.

So that means Europe is being charged €62.27 MORE because they are paying in € Euros and not £ Sterling.

I had to use Tor to get the € Euro prices. I am not able to see the prices in $ Dollars.

Please HELP ME. Can somebody from the U.S please go to the uad.com plug ins page and check the prices of the "CUSTOM 3 BUNDLE" plug in bundle so I may know how much this company are charging people who pay in American $. They will not let us see the American prices. Even with Tor I can only get the Euros price.

I want to know whether they get the plug ins even cheaper than the UK customers. If you need any further help identifying which bundle please ask.

Many of the software companies are doing this. I bet Europe do it to America and Britain, too, and I Bet britain play the same game. The internet was meant to bring an equal commercial platform to us all. LOOK how they are all still abusing the customers so and penalizing them if they are from a different nation! I don't just mean America because they are all exploitng this.

It is not to do with tax or currency exchange costs because one's debit/credit card and Paypal already take ther cut for that or have a mechanism in place. It is not to do with tax because we get charged VAT already in the price and obviously the U.S has their own tax arrangements that they pass on to customers.

Thanks for your help. I have written to "Native Instruments" (another American software company) today because they tried to charge me twice as much for software as they sell it for to the U.S customers. This is really bad.

Be very aware about prices when you buy from companies in other geographical locations. They penalize big time.

Damn, perhaps it is time we had a universal currency, but I doubt that is gonna happen soon when so much money is made out of geographical proximity and exchange rate commission. Also, they like to play the buying and selling of currency game. It is very lucrative.

Also, see how much of a night mare it is to gain access to the internet and see it as a somebody from a different state is seeing it. I could use Tor to see the European internet, but not the American one. I tried using American Proxy sites, but they are not happening. Perhaps smebody knows a good American proxy?

So much of the internet is being carved up now. It is certainly NOT universal. What a damned shame. Inequality and censorship, manipulation according to identity has not been conquered. The internet offered us a universal experience that the politicians have been hacking to pieces.

I say to anyone with any ability try and get us universal access. Tor helps a little, but we need tools to help us break through this information blackout they impose upon us according to our geographical location.

edit on 29-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It's $399.

edit on 12.29.2017 by Kandinsky because: added image

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you very much indeed.

In £ Sterling today $399 is £295.53.

That means U.S customers are getting the same for just a little cheaper than UK. I am glad UAD are not penalizing me. They are obviously one of the better companies, at least where the UK is concerned.

I am okay with that, but twice as much is a different story. I rely heavily on UAD so am glad I do not have to let them go. I am certainly going to vote with my feet on this and go where the trade is a good deal.

Thanks again for your help. Have a great new year!

edit on 29-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Likewise

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Also you have to remember, there are astronomical differences depending on where you buy software.

In the USA, Pro Tools 12 Perpetual license is $600. I can get it on Ebay for $250-300

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You really want to save some cash? Try it in Mexican pesos. That's how I buy software.

top topics

join