It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sums up Global Warming in one Savage Tweet

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: wmd_2008

The starving polar bear raises a question: Is fake news okay for a good cause?

www.theglobeandmail.com...

From YOUR own link

The plague of polar bears, he explained might also mean the bears' food supply is shrinking, so they're checking out the local garbage dumps.

It is not the only one seen in this condition also documentary video evidence of Polar Bears on very ptchy ice finding it hard to get prey.

It's also noted you ignored the comments posted re Inuit people living in the Arctic Circle.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
An appeal to emotion works well on you !
Muh Polar Bears, they gonna go extinct !
Think of all the happy seals ?
Maybe enough the Canadians can start clubbing them again ?
Silver lining in each cloud they say.

It's also noted you ignored the comments posted re Inuit people living in the Arctic Circle.
They will have a longer season for motorbiking, why aren't they happy?

edit on 2-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Are you attempting to debunk climate shift? Or are you attempting to debunk anthropogenic climate shift?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Are you attempting to debunk climate shift? Or are you attempting to debunk anthropogenic climate shift?

Confirming Global Greening

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Love the song.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Can somebody please provide some info that shows evidence proving climate change is fake? Surely you can't just say "I disagree so it's wrong and I have opinions that say it's wrong too!" and expect actual scientific evidence to just fade away because YouTube videos and internet posters say otherwise lol?
edit on 2-1-2018 by 2FurryMidgets because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2018 by 2FurryMidgets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 2FurryMidgets

Fox and Friends says it, and if they say it DJT says it and if HE says it, it has to be true.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FawnyKate
Oh look at those peaks and troughs!

looks just like a bunch of solar cycles to me! Oh wait!

No. There are people who do this for a living and they check on those things quantitatively.

And what about that long upward trend? What's that from?

If you read the news today, we're being told we are heading into a mini ice age.

Stop stuff like that. Read actual science confirmed and validated by scientists instead.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Stop stuff like that. Read actual science confirmed and validated by scientists instead.

Can you link that here forus that have yet to find it?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

How can you say it any better than that?
Muh Global Warming was nothing but a conspiracy to implement the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich that this planet has ever seen. President Trump broke all the rules and pulled out of the useless Paris Agreement. MAGA

From the ICCP itself:

The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

www.ipcc.ch...

Who'd have thought that climate change could result in a changing climate. Shocking

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

An appeal to emotion works well on you !
Muh Polar Bears, they gonna go extinct !
Think of all the happy seals ?
Maybe enough the Canadians can start clubbing them again ?

They will have a longer season for motorbiking, why aren't they happy?

i live in an area of the UK with a wet cold climate I am also 50+, over the past few years I have seen things that point to change in my local area for instance insects that would normally not be seen after late September being around until late November. Cold winter months becoming wet so warmer winter months.

I hope YOU live in a low lying costal zone and when you have water causing problems we can all refer back to your attempts at humour

(post by EvidenceNibbler removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Sea level has been rising for 200 years, are you saying this is all caused by rising C02 levels?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Sea level has been rising for 200 years, are you saying this is all caused by rising C02 levels?

If you'd kindly post your peer-reviewed scientific evidence that clearly shows why it wouldn't be, it would be appreciated.

Until then, I do think anthropogenic influence is more minimal than is suggested...but it's like the accelerator on a car, the further you press it the faster it goes.

Now I will posit on some CO2 theory, mostly relating to absorption rate....CO2 has a horrible absorption rate and in the realm of thermodynamics, it's a pretty key element.

Human beings tend to focus on what they perceive and what they can see...in this case we can see ourselves (and by way of default) pumping more CO2 into the environment so (in our mind) clearly our CO2 injection is causing the current climate shifting. But mother nature is likely the most astute sleight of hand magician ever encountered, and while we are watching and searching for that "Earthquake" along comes a volcanic eruption large enough to change global temperatures for the foreseeable future.

In this conversation should include detailed talk about the NAO and the ENSO, volcanism, diffusion, meteorological phenomena...and leave yokels tweeting their opinions completely out of it especially when they are far too undergeared intellectually to engage in that conversation.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Savage Tweet of Don Trump. Kinda reminds me of a 70's magazine.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

If you'd kindly post your peer-reviewed scientific evidence that clearly shows why it wouldn't be, it would be appreciated.

Sure, not a problem.
If you'd like some links to learn about sea level change, just ask, I can help you out.

Here's some quotes from a recent paper, the links at the bottom to the entire paper, if you have any questions, fire away, maybe I can help you understand.

Abstract
Background
Long records of sea level show decadal and multi-decadal oscillations of synchronous and asynchronous phases, which cannot be detected in short-term records. Without incorporating these oscillations, it is impossible to make useful assessments of present global accelerations and reliable predictions of future changes of sea level. Furthermore, it is well known that local sea-level changes occur also because of local factors such as subsidence due to groundwater or oil extraction, or tectonic movements that may be either up or down.

Purpose
Limited data from limited areas of study are, therefore, unsuitable for making predictions about the whole world sea level. Yet, people continue to make such predictions, often on an alarming scale. Here, we use one example to illustrate the problems associated with trying to make sea-level predictions based on a short record (25 years) in a limited region.

Methods
Linear and parabolic fittings of monthly average mean sea levels (MSL) of global as well as different local (United States Atlantic Coast, United States Pacific Coast) data sets of long tide gauge records.

Results
It is clear from the analyses of the tide gauges of the “NOAA-120”, “US 39”, “PSMSL-162”, “Mitrovica-23”, “Holgate-9”, and “California-8” data sets and the United States Pacific and Atlantic coasts that the sea level has been oscillating about the same almost perfectly linear trend line all over the 20th century and the first 17 years of this century.

Conclusion
It is of paramount importance to discuss the proper way to assess the present acceleration of sea levels. This can not be done by focusing on the short-term upward oscillations in selected locations. The information from the tide gauges of the United States does not support any claim of rapidly changing ice mass in Greenland and Antarctica. The data only suggest the sea levels have been oscillating about the same trend line during the last century and this century..

Read the entire paper here:
link.springer.com...

edit on 3-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey, in just his first year, Trump solved Global Warming....See?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I said yours, not someone elses.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Now I will posit on some CO2 theory, mostly relating to absorption rate....CO2 has a horrible absorption rate and in the realm of thermodynamics, it's a pretty key element.
C02 is a molecule, not an element.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2FurryMidgets
Can somebody please provide some info that shows evidence proving climate change is fake?

Climate change?

That isn't the debate ... the debate is,.
ARE YOU A GOD, THAT CAN MAKE THE UNIVERSE DANCE BY BLOWING A FART?

And that is very well settled ... No, you are not ... You are a dumb rabbit, that thrives because of Climate Change ... you're NOT a "GOD" rabbit, that caused it.

Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join