It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sums up Global Warming in one Savage Tweet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

originally posted by: spacedoubt
That can't be the right tweet.
It's just a weather observation, followed by ignorance.

Whats the difference between the weather and the climate?
Neither can be predicted very far into the future correct?

The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

What do you think that the IPCC is telling you with that statement? You could interchange the word climate with weather and you would still have a valid statement.
Three day forecasts are about all I rely upon when I am sailing, after that it's a crapshoot.

I think they are telling me that climate states are unpredictable.
We're pretty certain there are certain collections of patterns that lead to new climate states, like glacial versus non-glacial states. There is science that shows trends that could lead to a change in state.
We may not be certain what that state will be. But there is science that shows humans may be pushing the needle into a new state.
Should we pretend its not possible that slash/burn, extract/burn, irrigate/farm, pave, graze for 7 billion people has no effect? it's possible

Our activities may have NO EFFECT whatsoever on long term climate, that is until one other event is injected into the chaos. It could be one big Volcano, or a slight increase in solar output, or something else. It could be that one extra thing that ordinarily would be short-term that clicks us into a new state.

And we make it political.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well that pretty much sums up the liberal's rant,bunch of people steering the sheeple their way,right into their wallets

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Right off the rip in my Darkest Patterns series there's entire civilizations being wiped out by climate change. Its one of the 'unintended' patterns that goes on across the series now that I've got it set in motion, which I have to show in order to properly tell the complete tale of total human cultural evolution. Myself even stunned by some of the volcanic events in particular, so hardcore some of them I just couldnt not give them a treatment in the presentations...

But none of that is found in the UN graphs, so dont tell Al Gore whatever you do.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Or it's getting both hotter and colder everywhere simultaneously, an explanation I wouldn't put past the average twit "climatologist".

I always find it funny when people round here think they're more knowledgeable that people who are experts in their field. The number of scientists who believe in Global Warming outnumber those who don't.

You do realise that big corporations and oil companies etc pay for bad science to help their profits?

Now I'm sure there's probably Green Energy companies do the same but time and again the oil companies have been found to put profits ahead of the planet. A mindset that seems to be shared with global Warming deniers...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

In the scheme of things, a couple degrees of warming would be better than a couple degrees of cooling.

C02 is not even close to being the primary driver of temperature increase, thats water vapor.

Increased C02 does however have the benefit of causing a global greening, and making plants more water efficient.

Burn Baby Burn...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Arent we all supposed to be dead from a massive hole in the ozone by now?

This shi is comical.

The ozone hole bs was the first screw job.

What about cigarettes?

I've been smoking all day long and haven't even got any cancer!

What kind of screw job was that?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I think they are telling me that climate states are unpredictable.
We're pretty certain there are certain collections of patterns that lead to new climate states, like glacial versus non-glacial states. There is science that shows trends that could lead to a change in state.
We may not be certain what that state will be. But there is science that shows humans may be pushing the needle into a new state.

Volcanos man. There have been multiple volcanic events the past 10000 years that shifted the climate a good 3'C, which in todays world would probably cause a couple-few billion deaths in a few short years.

And one could just go off next month.

Not even planet killers we're talking here. And those happen too. The one 70000 years ago nearly wiped us out completely, for example.

Then theres the ice age cycles. Cosmic events. And more...
edit on 29-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Do you deniers are really believe the amount of chemicals spewing out of vehicles, factories, refineries, human mouths (smoke and vapor) and those produced by cows butts has no effect on the air we breathe?

And the Carbon?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Using NASA statements on something to debunk something else that NASA believes is actually occurring...

That’s a strange strategy.

link   

Please someone tell trump it's winter in North America he aparently is unaware of this. Perhaps he needs to go to some of those briefings he keeps skipping. My god how stupid do you have to be to not realize it gets cold in the winter?

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: notsure1
Arent we all supposed to be dead from a massive hole in the ozone by now?

This shi is comical.

The ozone hole bs was the first screw job.

What about cigarettes?

I've been smoking all day long and haven't even got any cancer!

What kind of screw job was that?

Yet a very good friend of mine has just had a very dire lung Cancer diagnosis for the very same reason, laugh it up...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Actually the carbon dust, and sublimation, is what was bigly causing the glacial etc ice melts, last I heard.

We've definitely done a number on chemical concentrations in the 'air; though.

Thing is there isnt really anything we can even do about it, that wont cause a global economic collapse (where poverty the the most destructive force on the environment known to man), yet...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

In the scheme of things, a couple degrees of warming would be better than a couple degrees of cooling.

C02 is not even close to being the primary driver of temperature increase, thats water vapor.

Increased C02 does however have the benefit of causing a global greening, and making plants more water efficient.

Burn Baby Burn...

This is true only to the extent where desserts start expanding as less and less water ends up in the upper atmosphere. No rain means no plants no plants means no food. No plants also means less oxygen less oxygen means less animals see the trend?

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Using NASA statements on something to debunk something else that NASA believes is actually occurring...

You wanted proof of the memes origins, I gave it to you. What is strange about that strategy?

link   

Yeah, I guess I sometimes forget that sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.

Sorry...
edit on 29-12-2017 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You wanted proof of the memes origins, I gave it to you. What is strange about that strategy?

Nope. I did not.

What’s strange about it;

Well it suggests you’ll only believe NASA when it suits you.
Comprende?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Burn Baby Burn...

This is true only to the extent where desserts start expanding as less and less water ends up in the upper atmosphere. No rain means no plants no plants means no food. No plants also means less oxygen less oxygen means less animals see the trend?

Yes, I notice the trend of you getting deeper and deeper into psychosis. Nothing you have said anywhere in this thread is based upon demonstrable evidence
www.nasa.gov...

April 26, 2016
Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds
From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, I guess I sometimes forget that sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet.

Sorry...

Yeah, that's true, I didn't read it as sarcasm, now I re-read it with a sarcastic tone it reads like a different post. One of the things I dislike about text based discussion is the inability to convey tone

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Nope. I did not.

What’s strange about it;

Well it suggests you’ll only believe NASA when it suits you.
Comprende?

Sorry, had you confused with djz3ro. You did not ask for proof of the memes origins, correct.

Point towards where NASA says they 'believe in" man made global climate change, until you do, it's impossible to debate the point.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

What a #ing idiot....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join