It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sums up Global Warming in one Savage Tweet

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Contrary to superstition, the numbers do not lie:

What I find intriguing about that graph is that it shows from mid 1940's to almost 1960 it dropped. How could that be at the height the industrial revolution.

There are other influences, solar activity, reflective contaminant particulates, volcanoes.

Right now there are rumors of so called chemtrails being actually geoengineering to keep the climate cooler than it would otherwise be, but that is conspiracy.(though there are the videos of chemtrails starting stopping and restarting in very quick succession as if it is indeed an emission)
edit on 29-12-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

He had many weather related jobs and retired at 61.
Yes. As a TV weatherman.

Whatever man. He still knew the weather more than all of us could ever dream to know. You and I will never see eye to eye on this, so we better just stop while we still can, before one of us gets banned. Great debate.
edit on 29-12-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

A small but important caveat to that...

Quite important.

I honestly wasn't aware that Hansen had been ousted... thank you for that information. That explains why I haven't heard from him in a while. I honestly considered him in the same group as politicians, though, because while he was not an elected official, he certainly played the political money game.

Al Gore as well played the money game, until he was outed for his hypocrisy and ineptitude. And of course, having sleet and snow every time he opened his mouth didn't hurt either. I figure maybe the planet was trying to tell him to remain silent and look the fool instead of opening his mouth to remove all doubt. He never seemed to get the hint, maybe because he was so heavily invested in carbon credits that passing them would have made him a billionaire multiple times overnight. I tend to bring him to mind whenever discussions like this open up, because it was he who proved to me that Global Warming was a scam. I really should thank him for being so inept.

Gavin Schmidt, eh? I'll have to remember that name.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

He still knew the weather more than all of us could ever dream to know.

More than you, no doubt.

Like I said, knowledge of weather and what causes it has been crucial to my enjoyment (and survival) of a sport I have been involved with for 44 years. I have no reason to think a TV weatherman would know more about it than I do. No matter how long he was a TV weatherman.
edit on 12/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

a reply to: LeoLeoMidWest

I remember when the official concern was global cooling.
If you're talking about the mid 70s, no. It was not "the official concern." But it was in the news. There were far more climatologists concerned about AGW than were concerned about cooling.
scholar.google.com...

It is all most as if the climate has been getting warmer since the last ice age. Oh wait. It has been.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

More than you, no doubt.

Like I said, knowledge of weather and what causes it has been crucial to my enjoyment (and survival) of a sport I have been involved with for 44 years. I have no reason to think a TV weatherman would know more about it than I do. No matter how long he was a TV weatherman.

LOL. I hope you are kidding.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

It is all most as if the climate has been getting warmer since the last ice age. Oh wait. It has been.
Actually, no, it hasn't been.

No. I'm not. I have yet to see a TV weatherman who knows more about the weather than I (or many of my fellow pilots) do.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

If the climate and energy supply is destabilized enough, it will lead to global famine and starve billions. When a population of animals overshoots the carrying capacity of its environment, the outcome is practically inevitable.

Great then it will solve itself... No need for Paris Agreement etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

More than you, no doubt.

There's that ego again, and you don't know how much I know about anything. In fact, you don't know me at all. Just because you glide through the air and know about the "area" that you have to hang glide in, doesn't make you an expert of anything but Hang Gliding itself. You don't have to know as much as a Weatherman to Hang Glide. Anyone with some money and a few months of their time, can go to a Hang Gliding school, get registered and be flying within a year easily. You seem to be the only one fixated on the Weather. None of the Hang Gliding schools that I looked at mentioned learning about the weather at all. You're not as smart as you think you are, you just don't know when to say no.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

No. I'm not. I have yet to see a TV weatherman who knows more about the weather than I (or many of my fellow pilots) do.

I wouldn't consider a Hang Glider a pilot. More like a kite with a man strapped to it, who better know how to steer. I don't know of any HG class that teaches the weather, in it's entirety (more than a weatherman) or even a little bit from what I've looked up online.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You don't have to know as much as a Weatherman to Hang Glide.
True. But to get the most out of it, and to avoid dangerous situations, it sure does help.

None of the Hang Gliding schools that I looked at mentioned learning about the weather at all.
I didn't teach my beginner students much about weather patterns either, they had enough to deal with with the aerodynamics to understand and physical skills to master. It starts to make a difference when you get to more advance levels though.

More like a kite with a man strapped to it, who better know how to steer.
No. Not a kite. A glider. Good luck flying a kite 400 miles. Good luck doing so without knowing quite a lot about weather.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So the planet is not warmer than it was during the ice age? I am going to need to see your proof on that.

Lol. I guess you were not kidding.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

So the planet is not warmer than it was during the ice age?
Yes, it is. But that's not what you claimed.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Xenogears

If the climate and energy supply is destabilized enough, it will lead to global famine and starve billions. When a population of animals overshoots the carrying capacity of its environment, the outcome is practically inevitable.

Great then it will solve itself... No need for Paris Agreement etc.

No need indeed.

Emissions targets are ridiculous. Either the market will reduce emissions because renewables are competitive enough, or else it will fail and that will only serve as a transfer of funds, and reduce quality of life.

Haven't looked much at the paris limbo, but it probably had exceptions for developing countries to emit with abaddon.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Emissions targets are ridiculous. Either the market will reduce emissions because renewables are competitive enough,
The cap and trade model seems to have been effective in reducing sulpher dioxide emissions. Among other things, it led to improved technology while not resulting in increases in consumer costs.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So the planet is not warmer than it was during the ice age?
Yes, it is. But that's not what you claimed.

I claimed that the earth has warmed since then. What are you saying that I claimed?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have yet to see a TV weatherman who knows more about the weather than I (or many of my fellow pilots) do.

I just have to point out that this is coming form someone who regularly puts down others because they do not have the exact right degree... and yet, he knows more about a subject than a college graduate in that subject.

Ego, thy name is Phage!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This is what you said:

This is not true. It has not been getting warmer. After the last ice age (glacial period, to be more correct) temperatures went into a slow decline.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

and yet, he knows more about a subject than a college graduate in that subject.

Coleman (the person being discussed) does not have a science degree of any sort. But, you are correct, there could well be TV weathermen who do have degrees. I have not seen one who demonstrated greater knowledge of weather than I (or many of my fellow pilots).

Do you disallow the validity of practical knowledge?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Most TV mets get hired because they look and sound good, not because of credentials. One does not need a meteorology degree to be a TV weatherman(woman).

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join