It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sums up Global Warming in one Savage Tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

...climate is not predictable...

Those words do not appear in the link.
Not in any combination or order you could possibly place them in.

So...
😐😐😐

Actual statement;
“may be difficult or impossible to detect climate change over large parts of the globe”.

That doesn’t sound like what you said.
edit on 29-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Just because the line goes up doesn't mean the temperature is. It's measuring "temperature anomalies", the frequency of which has increased along with the technology developed to detect them.

Hmmmmm....

Or it's getting both hotter and colder everywhere simultaneously, an explanation I wouldn't put past the average twit "climatologist".

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
That can't be the right tweet.
It's just a weather observation, followed by ignorance.

Whats the difference between the weather and the climate?
Neither can be predicted very far into the future correct?

The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

What do you think that the IPCC is telling you with that statement? You could interchange the word climate with weather and you would still have a valid statement.
Three day forecasts are about all I rely upon when I am sailing, after that it's a crapshoot.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
ahhhhhhh?????nope. To easy for an UNDERLING to copy that 'TRADEMARK''.
But not as easy is to parrot his personal confabulatory configurations.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

...climate is not predictable...

Those words do not appear in the link.
Not in any combination or order you could possibly place them in.

So...
😐😐😐

Actual statement;
“may be difficult or impossible to detect climate change over large parts of the globe”.

That doesn’t sound like what you said.

Yes, use control F on the link provided in the OP, the word climate appears 22 times, chaotic, 1 times.
www.ipcc.ch...

The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

Does that burst your bubble learning the IPCC itself admits climate cannot be predicted?
edit on 29-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: scubagravy

yep, or goes back 10,000 years or at least to the last ice age in north America when no humans were living in north America

Inaccurate.

In May 2008, a major Clovis cache, now called the Mahaffey Cache, was found in Boulder, Colorado, with 83 Clovis stone tools. The tools were found to have traces of horse and cameloid protein. They were dated to 13,000 to 13,500 YBP, a date confirmed by sediment layers in which the tools were found and the types of protein residues found on the artifacts.
Clovis Point Spears

That's right, North American camels and horses.

www.colorado.edu...
edit on 29-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Does that burst your bubble learning the IPCC itself admits climate cannot be predicted?

Define “long term” for us all...

Because I honestly believe you are trying to misrepresent that segment, for whatever reason.

Until you define “long term”, your statement that “climate cannot be predicted” is erroneous and misleading.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Define “long term” for us all...

Because I honestly believe you are trying to misrepresent that segment, for whatever reason.

Until you define “long term”, your statement that “climate cannot be predicted” is erroneous and misleading.

Buddy, it's not my statement, its the IPCC's statement, comprende?

First your claim was that it was not contained in the link, now you are looking for clarification upon the terminology? Always glad to help educate those less fortunate, see deplorables aren't all that bad are they?

The term 'long-term' would be taken as being able to predict the ocean oscillations. Over the past century, the amplitude of this climate pattern has varied irregularly at interannual-to-interdecadal time scales (meaning time periods of a few years to as much as time periods of multiple decades).

From the IPCC link in the OP.

With respect to the long-term natural variability in the climate system per se, it is important to understand this variability and to expand the emerging capability of predicting patterns of organised variability such as El NiĂąo-Southern Oscillation (ENSO).

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's funny, because Earth's climate has been fluctuating for billions of years now... People act like climate change/"global warming" is something new or something...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
It's funny, because Earth's climate has been fluctuating for billions of years now... People act like climate change/"global warming" is something new or something...

It's not their fault, they've been hypnotized by the media. They do wake up, takes some longer than other.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Lol those guys can barley predict whether its or not its going to rain tomorrow.

But yeah 100 yearss from now..

Climate = Weather patterns, apparently...

If this opinion is widespread then it makes sense that people have no idea what they’re talking about when they scream HOAX!

In which case, F it, I say we embrace Death...
It sure beats sharing a planet with a large group of people who spout off alternative facts on topics they do not actually grasp.

The exact same smart guys cant predict the weather in one state but can predict climate change for the whole globe,

That is my point.

No wonder it has become such a thing when some people are so gullible they believe anything Al gore tells them.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You still posting that old UN propaganda chart that has long been shown as false ?
I called you out for that on another thread.
If at first you dont succeed , try try again.
I guess...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I can not wait until this planet just suddenly implodes due to the massive gaps the cracking is making. I can not wait to see the madness ensue as everyone ends up screaming like mauling lions and tigers in the courts. I can not wait to see how dumb the general public becomes. I can not wait. I actually want to live long enough to see this entire planet get engulfed in its own stupidity.
keep ignoring everything.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Arent we all supposed to be dead from a massive hole in the ozone by now?

This shi is comical.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

This shi is comical.

The ozone hole bs was the first screw job.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

This shi is comical.

YEp I swear they said all the hair spray and freon was gonaa kill us all.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Wow guys, it's almost as if hot and cold periods never occurred before in history!

Extreme Droughts Played Major Role In Tragedies At Jamestown, "Lost Colony"

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

[

Do you have any actual data or is this meme the limit of your evidence? Because the ice caps are getting smaller, there's satellite imagery that backs this up but it's 7.40am and I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old to contend with...
edit on 29/12/17 by djz3ro because: I wanted to add more...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

This shi is comical.

YEp I swear they said all the hair spray and freon was gonaa kill us all.

Keep up, you're already dead, your consciousness was uploaded to the cloud and now you're just going around in circles with repressed memory. I hope that cleared that up for you. 😉

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

[

Do you have any actual data or is this meme the limit of your evidence? Because the ice caps are getting smaller, there's satellite imagery that backs this up but it's 7.40am and I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old to contend with...

www.nasa.gov...

Oct. 30, 2015

A new NASA study says that an increase in Antarctic snow accumulation that began 10,000 years ago is currently adding enough ice to the continent to outweigh the increased losses from its thinning glaciers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join