It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sums up Global Warming in one Savage Tweet

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here,and back slowly outa the room

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Love you Phage, otherwise, but right now you are closed minded to think so short term

I would like to hear what you of all people have to say about David Dilley.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

What is a Meteorologist?

When in quotation marks, not a whole lot.

We have to remember, the scientists of his day were still scientists, they just weren't controlled, and funded entirely by our Government to issue lies for political gains.

They also got science degrees and published peer reviewed articles. Did Coleman do that? No?

Nor was he a teacher, of Gore or anyone else.

You know as well as I do that the Government, CNN, MSNBC and the like NEVER publish information from even credible people that is in opposition to their narrative. It was only a stroke of luck that he was allowed on CNN to say what he said. Had it been any other more seasoned CNN newscasters (who you seem to think THEIR words are Gospel, despite THEM not being scientists) he would not have even been able to talk, they would have cut his feed, or interrupted him constantly. Don Lemon comes to mind.

I'll have to admit that you're right about John Cole not being the professor of Al Gore, I misread, and it's a good thing that you cleared that up. It was Roger Revelle and the page was on both he and John Cole. That's fair, but it hardly matters anyway.

Science degrees were not required back in John Cole's day. Degrees of any type from college these days, are simply to weed out those who won't support the Governments point of view and their narratives. If you don't agree with the criteria that you are force fed in college...you fail, waste thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) of dollars, that you are now in debt for and still have to pay the Government back, despite failing the class for not internalizing THEIR information. You don't go into college to get a degree in science just to get a piece3 of paper. You go there to learn...what the Government wants you to learn and later teach.

AS far as articles to be published. There's no way CNN and MSNBC or any other government funded institution would publish his findings because they control the press. It's that simple. There are countless people today that are forced to be called "alternate news" or conspiracy theorists, simply because the Mainstream Media suppresses their findings true or not.

Also, back in his prime...there was no Internet, so you can't really compare him to those scientists of today who learned everything from a book, written and manipulated by the Government, and force fed to those students under the penalty of heavy debt and possibly even the threat of death to themselves and their families. Many defectors have spoken out against the government and even warned that they would be murdered for it....and many have been silenced, as they said they would.

The real reason why Global Warming is such a hot topic for Democrats is because just as the Government has destroyed the land with their big smoke stacks and suppression of energies so that they could keep charging up exorbitant prices for gasoline...they know that we are at the end of our rope with these resources, and NOW...ALL OF A SUDDEN, they are speaking of "Going Green" and cleaning up the earth. It didn't matter to the before did it?

Oh...and they want to charge citizens a Carbon Taxes to do it. They made money while destroying the earth...now they will make money by cleaning it up, under the imaginary Global Warming scam. There is no actual proof of this Global Warming is there...other than these damn Government graphs you keep showing, from the same Government that wants to charge US more taxes to clean up THEIR mess.
edit on 29-12-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: because

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

You mean like the next 100 years or so? My kid and (hopefully) grandkids? Too short term?

David Dilly? Isn't he like Easterbrook? Damn the physics, look at the cycles? That sort of thing?

David Dilly? The guy that thinks:

The gravitational cycles of the moon and sun cause the seasonal tilts of the earth's axis and the 4 seasons.

David Dilly? The guy that claims that we've been cooling since 2012?

That David Dilly? You want to know what I think about him?
www.globalweatheroscillations.com...

edit on 12/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

He's not a scientist. He's a former TV weatherman (with a degree in journalism) who is an AGW skeptic.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

David Dilly? Isn't he like Easterbrook?...
David Dilly? The guy that thinks...
David Dilly? The guy that claims that we've been cooling since 2012?

That David Dilly?

You sound like a Bud Lite commercial.

edit on 2017/12/29 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

He's not a scientist. He's a former TV weatherman (with a degree in journalism) who is an AGW skeptic.

He still knows more than you, and those graphs you’re showing are most likely manipulated by the very Government that destroyed this world with their oil and gas dependency in the first place. We’ve had technology that could phase the use of fossil fuels since the days of Tesla, and everyone that proved it, creating cars that run off of water or electricity, have been suppressed and some actually went to prison for creating and using the technology. Your graphs are from the very Government that f’ks it’s citizens on a daily basis, lies to them and even poisons them. I certainly will not trust their word over the word of someone who has done actual reasearch on the weather for over 60 years....scientist or not, degree or no degree. The man was the best in his field, or the weather.com would not have been the leading weather “go to” for that many years.
edit on 29-12-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

He still knows more than you,
Maybe. But I doubt it. I'm a hang glider pilot, studying the weather and what causes it has been important to my enjoyment (and staying alive) for 44 years of my involvement in the sport.

They aren't my graphs, but I was discussing them with someone who, while seeming to doubt that global warming is occurring, does not seem to take issue with the data.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

He still knows more than you,
Maybe. But I doubt it. I'm a hang glider pilot, studying the weather and what causes it has been important to my staying alive for past 44 years.

They aren't my graphs, but I was discussing them with someone who, while seeming to doubt that global warming is occurring, does not seem to take issue with the data.

You have quite an ego. I’ll give you that. Where did you get your science or weather collegiate degree for Hang Gliding? All you need to know about the weather in a nutshell is when hang gliding, don’t go do it in stormy weather in a storm.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I don't claim to be a scientist and there is no hang gliding degree. I suppose you might say though, that I'm still in graduate school for that, for the past 40 years.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't claim to be a scientist and there is no hang gliding degree. I suppose you might say though, that I'm still in graduate school for that, for the past 40 years.

So you’re learning about Hang Gliding. That hardly makes you smarter than the founder of the Weather Channel in his own professional craft. You did say back there that you hardly believe that he was smarter than you about weather, because you hang glide and need to know about weather to survive. Wanna survive? Don’t Hang Glide in a storm and don’t crash.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Contrary to superstition, the numbers do not lie:

They don't but the current proposed solutions are nonsolutions. You shouldn't tax, you should increase R&D into reducing renewable costs, superconducting wires, and provide incentives to manufacture and to use renewables and electric vehicles. If renewables are made cheaper and easier they will outcompete fossil fuels.
edit on 29-12-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Climate change is real. Weather is real. How much affect we humans have is open to debate. In the United States we want to stop normal changes because we like the weather we have especially in relationship to food production. The Sahara Desert was prime agricultural land at one time. If we get hotter and dryer food production will move north and at least so far we are not annexing Canada.

I remember when the official concern was global cooling. We frequently had snow by Thanksgiving and of course there was snow by Christmas. This year not so much. Some snow in November but then warm weather and finally snow and cold in late December. I remember most years at least one week below zero. Highs below zero and lows about -20. This Polar Express is wimpy! And the stories my parents and grandparents told about the 1920's and 30's!

link   

I didn't say I was smarter. I said that I doubt that Coleman knows more about meteorology (and climate) than I do.

(You know he was dumped from the Weather Channel after a year, right?)

link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

We as in humanity who have destroyed 250 million acres that aren't going to be renewed as long as cities, houses, roads, etc exist. That includes illegal temporary roads to deforestation in the rain forests as well as the massive deforestation in Africa and other places.

The only thing that's new knowledge for me based on what you've added is that your arrogance is overshadowed by your ignorance. I look forward to you providing something new and beneficial...some day. Since you're so perfect and all lol. How's that world hunger going? Still haven't solved that yet huh? Tsk tsk. Not so perfect after all lol. Try being rude less and you won't get rude back. That way we can focus on positive discourse instead of childish foolishness. Ball's in your court

How do you read arrogance in my post? We have 7+ billion people on this planet, so my question was a sincere one in if we are losing, and I agree, millions of acres to humans wanting to live and eat how do we solve that? The rain forests are being destroyed for food crops, as example, so how do we solve the issue that we have too many humans on the planet?

The other part of my post that for some reason got you triggered was asking how can we stop other countries from destroying their lands? My point about the US is we do have renewable resources and we are managing them, but we have little control on the rich forest areas around the world.

My answer would be to reduce world population, but then a lot of people might not like that idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I didn't say I was smarter. I said that I doubt that Coleman knows more about meteorology (and climate) than I do.

(You know he was dumped from the Weather Channel after a year, right?)

If you don’t agree with the establishment, they have no use for you. He had many weather related jobs and retired at 61. His Wiki page even says that.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Contrary to superstition, the numbers do not lie:

What I find intriguing about that graph is that it shows from mid 1940's to almost 1960 it dropped. How could that be at the height the industrial revolution.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoLeoMidWest

I remember when the official concern was global cooling.
If you're talking about the mid 70s, no. It was not "the official concern." But it was in the news. There were far more climatologists concerned about AGW than were concerned about cooling.
scholar.google.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: wtfatta

We as in humanity who have destroyed 250 million acres that aren't going to be renewed as long as cities, houses, roads, etc exist. That includes illegal temporary roads to deforestation in the rain forests as well as the massive deforestation in Africa and other places.

The only thing that's new knowledge for me based on what you've added is that your arrogance is overshadowed by your ignorance. I look forward to you providing something new and beneficial...some day. Since you're so perfect and all lol. How's that world hunger going? Still haven't solved that yet huh? Tsk tsk. Not so perfect after all lol. Try being rude less and you won't get rude back. That way we can focus on positive discourse instead of childish foolishness. Ball's in your court

How do you read arrogance in my post? We have 7+ billion people on this planet, so my question was a sincere one in if we are losing, and I agree, millions of acres to humans wanting to live and eat how do we solve that? The rain forests are being destroyed for food crops, as example, so how do we solve the issue that we have too many humans on the planet?

The other part of my post that for some reason got you triggered was asking how can we stop other countries from destroying their lands? My point about the US is we do have renewable resources and we are managing them, but we have little control on the rich forest areas around the world.

My answer would be to reduce world population, but then a lot of people might not like that idea.

If the climate and energy supply is destabilized enough, it will lead to global famine and starve billions. When a population of animals overshoots the carrying capacity of its environment, the outcome is practically inevitable.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

He had many weather related jobs and retired at 61.
Yes. As a TV weatherman.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join