It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Email Shows Senate Probe Can Extend To Anyone "Of Russian Descent"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

When any article refers to it as alleged Russian interference you know where it's going.

There is no alleged. It's been determined completely and without doubt.
So....
Guess you know what I'm going to do with this fairy tale....

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

And Russia gate conspiracy theory???
Oh god that's so funny.

But uranium one...there's the truth right?

Oh god...lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So no comment on viewing people with suspicion based merely on their heritage?

Of course not.

I assume you would be more than happy to see anyone of russian descent rounded up and detained, because you KNOW that trump stole the election with Russia and likes hookers pee.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

It appears that email is discussing a clarification of the phrase "Russian persons". Which they should clarify, as it is too vague.

Really not much to see here. They used a vague term/phrase and worked to further clarify/define.

The email was sent to a person they wished to provide info of russian persons he had contact with.

Concerning the precise context to the email, TYT reports the following:

On July 27, 2017, Charles C. Johnson, a controversial right-wing media figure, received a letter from Sens. Burr and Warner requesting that he voluntarily provide materials in his possession that are “relevant” to the committee’s investigation. Relevant materials, the letter went on, would include any records of interactions Johnson had with “Russian persons” who were involved in some capacity in the 2016 U.S. elections.

The committee further requested materials related to “Russian persons” who were involved in some capacity in “activities that related in any way to the political election process in the U.S.” Materials may include “documents, emails, text messages, direct messages, calendar appointments, memoranda, [and] notes,” the letter outlined.

They then define russian persons as anyone of russian descent.

That is a horrible standard.

So anyone he had contact with that are merely a poll station worker, a journalsits, or any other such thing, and you happen to be of russian heritage, your name needs to be given to the senate committee.

People being supected based merely on their race? thats absurd.

Russian is not a race, other than that I completely agree with you.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I think it is quite obvious what she is saying.

But it's not. The wording used leaves it open to interpretation, as we have seen. It is lacking context.

She starts the very next sentence saying "With that clarification" will the players client now provide documents and interviews.

You left out very important context. She said "With the clarification that we previously discussed".

That leaves the possibility of the clarification being one that is not mentioned in the email.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Might as well have these people wear a RUSSE armband for identification.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: introvert

It appears that email is discussing a clarification of the phrase "Russian persons". Which they should clarify, as it is too vague.

Really not much to see here. They used a vague term/phrase and worked to further clarify/define.

The email was sent to a person they wished to provide info of russian persons he had contact with.

Concerning the precise context to the email, TYT reports the following:

On July 27, 2017, Charles C. Johnson, a controversial right-wing media figure, received a letter from Sens. Burr and Warner requesting that he voluntarily provide materials in his possession that are “relevant” to the committee’s investigation. Relevant materials, the letter went on, would include any records of interactions Johnson had with “Russian persons” who were involved in some capacity in the 2016 U.S. elections.

The committee further requested materials related to “Russian persons” who were involved in some capacity in “activities that related in any way to the political election process in the U.S.” Materials may include “documents, emails, text messages, direct messages, calendar appointments, memoranda, [and] notes,” the letter outlined.

They then define russian persons as anyone of russian descent.

That is a horrible standard.

So anyone he had contact with that are merely a poll station worker, a journalsits, or any other such thing, and you happen to be of russian heritage, your name needs to be given to the senate committee.

People being supected based merely on their race? thats absurd.

Russian is not a race, other than that I completely agree with you.

Russian is an ethnic group defined by the Russian language. Russia is an ethno state for the Russian ethnic group whose official language is Russian. The population of Russia is dominated, at more than 80%, by the Russian ethnic group.
edit on 29-12-2017 by afatos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: afatos
I thought many Russians are slavic, no?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I thought many Russians are slavic, no?

Slavic is a large group including Ukrainians, Belarussians, Lithuanians, Latvians, Serbs, Croats, Russians, Bulgarians. Russian is a specific ethnic group.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

It may be one heck of a lot worse. I went up to the U. of I. and listened to a Prof. Spence give an evening talk on Adolf Hitler, and the rise of the Nazis. He had good sources of people who interviewed Hitler in the Twenties, who wrote that Hitler picked on the Jews, precisely because they were only around 2 to 3 % of the voting population. There weren't enough of them to derail the Nazis. Hitler's army boss and close confident were both Jewish, so he just appointed them "Honorary Aryans". They were just the obvious, "sitting ducks", in Weimar Germany.

So, anyone trying to target a one % ethnic population in our country, has got to be called to account, immediately. Add in the paranoia over even talking with the Russian Ambassador, who is an accredited Russian Diplomat, and this looks to be very dangerous.

BTW, I spent Easter Sunday Morning, in 1971, in the Hoffbrau Haus, in Munchen, Bayren, where Hitler pulled his Beer Hall Putsch.

Prof Spence, ( History ), said that this was really a "counter Putsch" for a vicious Communist one, going on simultaneously in Berlin. Hitler was really trying to isolate Bavaria from a Communist Takeover originating in Berlin. The Wiemar Gov't put both of these uprisings down, pronto, to their credit. This anti communist acting out, helped to push American Industrialists, including Henry Ford, into giving Hitler financial support. Note that Ford was a tightwad, and only gave Hitler a little, compared to some others.

I'm a long time annual NRA member, and there are only about 5 million of us card carrying members. If this isn't just a misunderstanding, then I"m going to ring some alarm bells over it, with my head quarters, in Va. The resident Basques are another smallish minority, loosely associated with separatist terrorism in Spain. Their best known outfit is the E.T.A. I was raised near a large family of Basque Americans, and even I would have a hard time picking one or two of them, dressed in street clothes, out of a crowd.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Russians is the easy target for politics. There is practically no trade between America and Russia, so no economic ties. Russians are a small ethnic group in America, no impact on voting. Taking these two factors into account, it's no surprise today's Russians is 1930s Jews.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ok, this could get complicated. I am going with, Russians are mostly East Slavic, and that is the primary consensus. Whatever regard that has to Race, thats up for whatever discussion anybody wants it to be.

I will limit my discussion to simply leaving the publicly documented resources and allow anyone interested to their own conclusions.

Regardless, it should be looked at as #ed up to target a group of people for suspicion based on their ancestry alone.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I assume you would be more than happy to see anyone of russian descent rounded up and detained, because you KNOW that trump stole the election with Russia and likes hookers pee.

I think this statement is going a little overboard, while I agree that going after people of Russian descent who also knew Charles C. Johnson is too much, no one is going after all Americans of Russian descent, and no one is locking any of them up unless they committed a crime.

In addition, it seems like Charles C. Johnson could have been involved with leaking information through Wikileaks or something similar in an attempt to influence the election. It is hard to know because the investigation is ongoing, but it only makes sense to look at his contacts with Russian citizens.
edit on 29pmFri, 29 Dec 2017 13:55:27 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29pmFri, 29 Dec 2017 13:56:39 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29pmFri, 29 Dec 2017 14:00:56 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This shows the extent of the backlash if a country goes on the offensive against globalists.
The people who need to be weeded out are those in the US Govt who are acting in the interests of those outside their borders.
edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

First of all, sorry I did not include a link, I don't know why I forgot. It is annoying to me as well.

Wikipedia: Charles C Johnson

Secondly, it is not irrelevant, as Johnson has a history of spreading fake news, and that, combined with the possibility of being involved with Wikileaks in an attempt to influence the election, means it makes sense to ask for correspondence with his Russian associates to see if they were involved.

This means that the panel is not looking at all Russians in the United States, or even all citizens of Russian descent. It also means that the panel has some probable cause for asking for this information.

As far as asking him to reveal his correspondence with those simply of Russian descent, that is more dubious. I don't know the panel's reasoning, maybe there are Russian sleeper cells? Just a guess.
edit on 29pmFri, 29 Dec 2017 16:53:26 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Ok, this could get complicated. I am going with, Russians are mostly East Slavic, and that is the primary consensus. Whatever regard that has to Race, thats up for whatever discussion anybody wants it to be.

I will limit my discussion to simply leaving the publicly documented resources and allow anyone interested to their own conclusions.

Regardless, it should be looked at as #ed up to target a group of people for suspicion based on their ancestry alone.

There isn't a Russian race. But you know, Russians are white skinned northern Europeans by racial features.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join