It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bill Proposes Indianapolis Colts Refund Fans For Kneeling During National Anthem

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The Londonianss cheered when the NFL played there and the players knelt. They realize what a ridiculous mess this whole thing is. I bet they love the fact that Americans have their panties all twisted up over a bunch of players kneeling.

The OP hit it pretty head on with his post.
edit on 28-12-2017 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

of course they cheered, they are happy every time they see a crack or weakness in their American colonies attempt at making a go of trying to be a successful independent democracy.

every time America stumbles they say " the American colonies should have stayed with the crown,their foolish experiment in having an independent country isn`t working"

even in the 1970`s my mom`s relatives in England still referred to America as "the colonies"

brits don`t see America as an independent nation, to the brits America is just british colonies engaged in an experiment in democracy and when the experiment fails America will go back to being british colonies.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I would much rather see a bill introduced that would force the NFL to pay for their own security, pay for the extra on-duty

police officers needed to patrol before and after their games, pay for their own stadiums, etc.

I'd like to see a bill that ends lopsided stadium deals that benefit only the NFL.

I'm not an NFL fan and I'm tired of being raped by the taxman to foot the bill.

Players kneeling I couldn't care less about.

What I DO care about is studies showing the tax "investment" localities pay to host NFL teams NEVER pays off for the city.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

but... but...just like people who have no children and pay taxes for schools, people who have no interest in sports and are forced to pay taxes to support stadiums and sports teams,is..good for the community. at least that`s what the politicians tell themselves to help them sleep at night when they piss away tax payers money.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Because words are constructive. Kneeling is rude and a big F you to your country and the people that died in world wars to protect it.

Its called respect. The NFL players should get some before they lose their sport.

Rest assured that most people are offended by it. Just like most people are offended by BLM. Both are out of touch with reality and are caused by provacateurs.

edit on 29-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So you don’t like the fact that our right to protest is being snuffed??? You must be a FOX viewer.

Actually a CNN viewer until they went off the deep end. Star Trek is more entertaining if I want to watch fiction, thank you very much.

I don't mind a protest, but what the Hades are they protesting? They kneel during the National Anthem, so obviously they don't like the country. No, I do not agree with protesting the country that has given them so much. Sorry. They have the legal right to protest; I have the legal right to disagree with what they protest for.

I know they say they are not protesting the US. That's fine; do it in a way so others know what you are protesting, or expect to be misunderstood.

Incidentally, no one's right to protest is being "snuffed out." No one is going to jail for taking a knee during the National Anthem. No one is suggesting that. I even stated this new law is stoopid. Are you just upset and wanting to "snuff out" my right to choose whether to participate in an activity? It seems like it.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

I think it is more of a case of people....... having fewer and fewer places to go to escape from everyone politicizing everything...... and the football fiasco is just the culmination of the peoples frustration.

Kind of a .... Cant I even watch a F'ing football game without having someone injecting politics!!!
Will the NFL be what the people will use as the whipping boy for the sins of Hollywood, the media, ESPN, ect?

If you want to escape the political madness for a bit nowdays.... the only place you have left is in your home, with the television off, the radio off, no magazines in view...... Cornered animals fight and when people have no place left to run to... it never ends well for anyone

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
just think of how chaotic it would be if every was allowed to do that. in the middle of a newscast the newscaster starts spouting his personal political or religious views on the air, or in the middle of a flight the pilot gets on the intercom and starts spouting his personal political or religious views,or in the middle of a football game the announcer starts spouting his personal political or religious views.

The newscaster,the pilot and the game announcer would be fired before the sunset.

And it's up to each one of those private companies to handle the situation as they like, not the government.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This action does not go against the constitution.

Then you obviously do not understand that document.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: TheRedneck

So you don’t like the fact that our right to protest is being snuffed??? You must be a FOX viewer.

There are a lot of folks on this site and in America who are absolutely okay with your right to protest... as long as you do it out of the way... out of their sight... where it won’t affect anybody.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Because words are constructive. Kneeling is rude and a big F you to your country and the people that died in world wars to protect it.

Its called respect. The NFL players should get some before they lose their sport.

Rest assured that most people are offended by it. Just like most people are offended by BLM. Both are out of touch with reality and are caused by provacateurs.

Is your nation really so fragile that it can’t handle a few people kneeling during the anthem?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The football kneelers should be free to express themselves.

We should be free to ignore them.

Government appears to be the antithesis of freedom.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It's a trump pet peeve therefore it's ATS s pet peeve. This is his house of freaky mirrors.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

of course they cheered, they are happy every time they see a crack or weakness in their American colonies attempt at making a go of trying to be a successful independent democracy.

every time America stumbles they say " the American colonies should have stayed with the crown,their foolish experiment in having an independent country isn`t working"

even in the 1970`s my mom`s relatives in England still referred to America as "the colonies"

brits don`t see America as an independent nation, to the brits America is just british colonies engaged in an experiment in democracy and when the experiment fails America will go back to being british colonies.

A colonial that doesnt his place I see

By the way the USA is not a democracy, its a republic. UK is a democracy.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The football kneelers should be free to express themselves.

We should be free to ignore them.

Government appears to be the antithesis of freedom.

Exactly.

Freedom works both ways.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Are we really free? I don't think so.
Definition: The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
One thing we don't need is another law.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If they want to live in a country where you’re forced to stand during the national anthem, maybe they should move to N. Korea. I hear they have some available labor camp vacancies.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Some people are still asking "what are the even kneeling for."

It must be difficult to go through life with both eyes and ears closed shut.

This is where we live now. The state of America in 2017 (2018, too).

Where we are such a fragile, pussified populace that people feel the need to be reimbursed the money for a #ing ticket because Constituionally protected Americans exercising their Consitutional rights is offensive.

"You're free to protest in your own time," then they are not "free," to do anything because you insist they not be allowed to do something and only be allowed only certain circumstances.

That's not how freedom works.
That's not how the United States Constitution works.

Get. Over. It.

Snowflakes dropping like flies to the sound of a three minute protest by NFL players.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Its called respect.

“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” Donald J Trump

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The solution was simple, had the fans stormed the field to cause the players to retreat to the locker rooms the whole kneeling thing would have ended then and there. No one wants to risk a riot and the NFL would have stomped it out to prevent a future incident.

The power of a product is solely in the hands of the consumer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join