It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bono reveals he had near-death experience, says music 'has gotten very girly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: tonycodes

Wow man, I bet you didn't expect some of these replies! Near-death experiences are exactly what ATS has always been about. It's one of those subjects ATSers have traditionally been interested in.

It's a pity Bono barely mentions it in the link and offers no details at all.

His 'girly' comments show he's fallen for the generation gap thing like everyone does eventually. "Kids of today don't know what real music is! Oh it was so much better in my day!! We had proper music then!"

ATS never surprises me, that's why I have been coming for so many years! lol I was actually going to add to my post that ATS has a lot more whining on it now than in the past. The only reason I started to come to ATS is to see if we can collaborate as critical thinkers and solve mysteries, or at least bring transparency. I read Communion at 9 yrs old and it corrupted my pure obedient mind lol I realize there are a lot of forum topics now, which lean away from conspiracies, and that is technically good for the visibility of ATS, but I didn't even attempt to highlight the paranormal part of this story. Just shows I am also getting sucked into the gossip pool. Thank you for pointing it out.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Instead of slagging on the Bono of now try seeing life through his eyes?

He grew up poor-ish. Lived in the neighborhood with the highest heroin usage. Saw friends fall to it. Was forced into a religious school due to being poor-ish. Indoctrinated into that belief, used it as a source for his only way out: music.

Music sucked back then! You had to look hard to find anything worthwhile. For me, only punk spoke something coming close to truth. But their musicianship was questionable.

Enter some lads from Dublin who couldn’t sing or play guitar but had a sound all their own. “Sanctimonious” is a correct term! As is “hype” (look it up!).

Reading the article, Bono says it does not have to be a “physical death” and after his father died I think he had some soul searching to do.

Call it “death of ego” (hippy term) but it is about being “reborn” or at the very least seeing the world with new eyes.

But be haters. Talk smack. May you never have to face it alone. It crushes lesser people. Growth is not without pain. Go ahead, laugh at what you have not experienced.

Me? It is a nice intro thread to ATS!! LOL!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

As far as his music, listen to their first few albums like Joshua Tree; much better than his recent stuff.

definatly, they were very good once upon a time, but as we are seeing, their legacy wont be that of an excellent 80s
rock/pop group, but that of a whiney deluded a$$hole called bono.

quite sad.

edit on 29-12-2017 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Instead of slagging on the Bono of now try seeing life through his eyes?
He grew up poor-ish. Lived in the neighborhood with the highest heroin usage. Saw friends fall to it. Was forced into a religious school due to being poor-ish. Indoctrinated into that belief, used it as a source for his only way out: music.
None of that is unusual or makes him special.

But be haters. Talk smack.
That's what bono is doing, using "girly" as if it's a derogatory term. We're calling him out on it.
edit on 30/12/2017 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join