It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the accomplishments of creation " science "

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

All test give differing variables of time, because all things are made up from a source that is from everlasting to everlasting. And until we can understand what that time measurement is all our machines will give long and differing dates of time in our established 24/7. The Earth is much older than young earth advocates, and God made the earth rehabital after Genesis 1:2, because there was a judgement by flood that happened between verse one and verse two of Genesis, of Lucifer on this earth.

So the current world of men is less than 6,000 years old because the preserved word of God says so and not some computer that does not understand what from everlasting to everlasting. The term earth and world are used differently in the Bible.

But then again I am only talking to myself.

Go off now and worship your ever changing gods of little minds.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So the current world of men is less than 6,000 years old because the preserved word of God says so

where in the book does it say that... nowhere?

bishop usher said that...

There is no dating of the world of men or the earth anywhere in the bible

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Like I said, you can give irrefutable evidence for this right? BEcause I am just seeing unverifiable gnoses (UG) for scientific matters, and UG don't cut it!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I am very much afraid that you have been talking to yourself for some time and that you have closed your eyes to all manner of actual facts. But if you want to believe a book of myths over science, biology, archaeology, geology, physics and chemistry then that's your business.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Ahh there is nothingwrong with a book of myths. Wheat we have here, however, is someone (ChesterJohn) who believes a version of the King James Bible is the ACTUAL preserved word of God. In that, the only uncorrupted words from Jehovah. Lets ignore that that is an edited version of the Catholic bible (edited to let a certain King be naughty and divorce), and the Catholic bible is a book by committee, containing works in several languages, which were then translated to Latin. But thats ok, all that editing, gave us the "Preserved word of God" (tm) (r) etc

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Maybe it is because you are a poor reader of the Bible and skim over details. Or better yet you may have read part of a bible.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I would say of the AV as a preserved word of Truth.

Koine Greek, Latin and ancient Palestinian Hebrew are all dead languages. They were in 1611 and they still are today. No matter how many bones and other so called scientific names of the parts of the body, plants and animals are named in Classical Greek and Latin.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

When you can figure out what the measurement of "from everlasting to everlasting" is then you will throw out your science books and stand along side me in glory. If not then your knee will bow before God and you will confess "Jesus is the Lord" upon your death or at his coming either way you lose.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

When you can figure out what the measurement of "from everlasting to everlasting" is then you will throw out your science books and stand along side me in glory. If not then your knee will bow before God and you will confess "Jesus is the Lord" upon your death or at his coming either way you lose.

Can someone please translate this? I have no idea what it means.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Sure...

Christians are better then other people, thus once you become one you will be as good as him...

Or you will die and find out that Jesus is God, and remain lower then Christians anyways

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Follow my club or else basically.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Ahh there is nothingwrong with a book of myths. Wheat we have here, however, is someone (ChesterJohn) who believes a version of the King James Bible is the ACTUAL preserved word of God. In that, the only uncorrupted words from Jehovah. Lets ignore that that is an edited version of the Catholic bible (edited to let a certain King be naughty and divorce), and the Catholic bible is a book by committee, containing works in several languages, which were then translated to Latin. But thats ok, all that editing, gave us the "Preserved word of God" (tm) (r) etc

To be fair, nothing any of us believes makes any difference. Our opinions and philosophies and observations and experiences are all irrelevant to gravity and chemistry and physics. Celestial bodies will orbit regardless, elements will interact regardless, energy will transform regardless. Not one thing we think or say or do has any impact on the fabric of reality beyond how quickly the earth cycles from one phase of climate and geological arrangement to the next. This rock is our prison and until we devise a spectacular jailbreak, it will be our tomb as well. So really, arguing over gods is kind of missing the point entirely. No one is going to save us from the same kind of extinction that ended our cousins, homo erectus and the denisovan lines. Someday, we are going to be the new cro magnons, obsolete and fading into obscure history to form another thankless link in the chain of evolution.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I've read several different bibles neighbour and other revealed religions texts. You don't know me very well if you thought I ever skimmed any written text

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You have never translated something have you? Never come across a word with no direct counterparts? Thus having had to substitute?

Your argument is invalid.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

yeah you probably "poorly read them or skim over parts of them".

Yes. I have translated, I was part of a team that the AV English OT and part of the NT into another language and for no money.

Yes, Yes I have come across part where there was no word so we transliterated or added for clarity and flow of that language. and guess what all those additions plus those of the original AV translators we placed in Italics so people knew what was added.

The last man who spoke the way the AV does, just died like 8 years ago. That style of language was used up until then.

So you see that language is understandable and translatable. No need for unverified document copies in any dead language when you have the God preserved AV

edit on 14-2-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Oh neighbour, you really are angling for a fight again. No I"ve read those bibles. Yo ucan't grok that I'm not convinced by the content, despite reading them, and not skimming them.

You did not understand what I said however. There arewords in languages which are not simple to translated into English. Many of them from the same language family. That is how language works.

So no, you must verify, and understand. Because the words you read, are still filtered through men, not written by your deity.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Can someone please translate this? I have no idea what it means.

You're not supposed to know what they mean. That's why they talk in tongues.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Its not translatable, it is a dodge, and moving of the goalposts. Basically we have a creationist taking their ball and going home

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Why do you have to know who's doing the simulation?

It is one of the major questiones to us humans, both to religious People and non religious People.

To ID who is in charge means everything......

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: Phantom423

Why do you have to know who's doing the simulation?

It is one of the major questiones to us humans, both to religious People and non religious People.

To ID who is in charge means everything......

"To identify who is in charge means everything..."

That is truly an odd pursuit. Why...why does that mean everything? What exactly does the answer to such a question tell us? What would we do with that information? How would it change our approach to existence, how would it adjust our perspective? Would we find ourselves more willing slaves, more driven rebels, or more psychotic agents of chaos bent on self destruction? Would we see ourselves as liberated or imprisoned? Valued or neglected? How does the answer address any of these concerns?

I always thought the quintessential nature of humanity was self realization and autonomy. Having the power to decide what something means (and why) for ourselves. Generating a sense of orientation that belongs to us individually and crafting it to connect with our community like a mosaic of homemade quilts that represent our ideas as a synergistic whole, instead of being commanded and lorded and herded like livestock whose sole purpose is to follow the whim of a superior master and satisfy their overarching designs with no regard for our own satisfaction. We have fought wars for centuries to this effect, sacrificed millions of lives for this dignity.

The whole "quest for a higher meaning" seems to be an appeal to ego in the face of cosmic futility as we struggle to both embrace and deny our insignificance in the cold expanse of the cosmic scope. Such grace and majesty, yet so distant and emotionless. Like giving a shark the face of an angel. And that troubles us intensely, having enough smarts to be afraid and lonely and hopeful yet not enough to warrant the mercy of the universe or to protect ourselves from its forces. We see genius, yet genius doesn't see us. A terrifying notion.
edit on 14-2-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join