It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First girl wins long island wrestling tournament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com...

A cool story about a girl that is the first to win a bits wrestling tournament in long island.

What I found very interesting is she acknowledges as she gets older the boys tend to be getting stronger than her, so she has hard to work harder and rely more on technique to win.

It's a great story and I hope she continues her success.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I wish her well as well, I am thinking she is 14 years old. In about 2 years when certain males start developing adult upper body strength, she will no longer be able to rely on technique and she will be overwhelmed.

Still though, great job.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I wish her well as well, I am thinking she is 14 years old. In about 2 years when certain males start developing adult upper body strength, she will no longer be able to rely on technique and she will be overwhelmed.

Still though, great job.

Yes probably true.

But the fact her skill is currently stemming that is inspiring to,me, and a testimate to hard work.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That's fantastic and she sounds rather practical in her thinking. I have been training my 7 year old daughter in basic Aikido, and Wu Shu (Kung Fu) since she was able to stand and take a poke at ol Dad.

My mission...that she can slap a wrist lock on a dude with authority if he gets "handsy" on a date.

Female martial artists frankly are quite often much better at technique than many of the males in my life time of practice. Heck, ask most male shooters a lot of us will sheepishly admit to our wives being better shots...mine is and she doesnt have a NRA sticker on her truck like me

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Still though, great job.

That's when she will learn the value of good coaching. Let the coach jump on the mat and when the referee is distracted you hit your opponent with the Low Blow. When he's doubled over in pain you lay the Smackdown on his candyass.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good for her, and I will be the one to say it.

At what point should she not be wrestling with boys? At 14 she probably growing breasts, the boys hormones will be start raging any day.

Wrestling is pretty "hands on" sport. What happens when she feels she has been molested but in the hypothetical situation she really has not been? just faced an aggressive wrestler that made her feel that way but had not been the intention?

What happens if some boy has some sort of discharge of bodily fluids or even just gets an erection while rolling around on the mat with her?

What happens if she looses the next championship match and claims it was because her opponent was fondling her crotch? And what if her opponent actually was? or again was not but she seemed to think he was? or (heaven forbid) she doesnt think he did but says it anyways?

At some point I think girls need to stop wrestling with boys or we will see these things play out... I can see boys, knowing that they will eventually wrestle her, invent and practice some subtle,still within the rules, butt grabbing, crotch in face, boobie grabbing moves out there.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

In about 2 years when certain males start developing adult upper body strength, she will no longer be able to rely on technique and she will be overwhelmed.

Thats why there are no girls in the NFL, NBA and Professional Baseball, either.

But good work for a 99 pound, freshman class...

video in link

edit on 28-12-2017 by intrptr because: link

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That's an awful lot of hypotheticals to support your opinion. I get where you're going with it but it's pretty infantile. Saying that males and females can't compete in a sport based on sexual harassment is a cop out for harassing and witnessing parties. Most of the time in sports there's another individual accompanying the athletes, and individuals on the sidelines during competitions. We all know what sexual harassment looks like. In a full contact sport that line becomes razor thin, but it never is blurred. The invention of your "subtle moves" is a clear indication of harassment. You can claim "still within the rules", but your defending a sexual predator that would rather sexually harass a female than win a competition. a reply to: tinner07

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

As a wrestling coach myself I can tell you a lot more girls wrestle in high school than you would think.

Also it's no different than gay guys coorect? What if gay guys wrestle?

First off wrestling is by weight classes so it isn't as bad as you think with strength. The bone and muscle density there but good technique and speed can conquer a lot. Now will you see a woman ncaa champ against a Male..probably not but that is for many reasons which include training, experience and probability of numbers.

Some highdchools can compete only women, us team level is woman against woman. Judo has more females as does Sambo and bjj and they have women only divisions.

Miesha Tate a former ufc bantam weight was a wrestler. As was cat zigano. Both moderately attractive females. They didn't seem to have a problem. Sarah McCann was an Olympic gold medalists who went to the ufc.
edit on 28-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy

You can claim "still within the rules", but your defending a sexual predator that would rather sexually harass a female than win a competition.

Not defending them, I just think it could happen.

top topics

join