It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge denies Roy Moore’s request to prevent officials certifying election results

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Come on fella, it's time to go home now.

A judge has denied the request for a Temporary Restraining Order to prevent state officials from certifying the results of the December 12 special election.

Democrat Doug Jones defeated Republican Roy Moore by more than 20,000 votes. Roy Moore filed suit to prevent the state from certifying the election results, claiming widespread voter fraud.

The state’s top election official, Republican John Merrill, has said that his office has investigated multiple reports of voter fraud in the special election but found them to be without merit. Moore sued, saying Merrill and his office had not done enough to investigate claims.

whnt.com...

He's pretty sore about losing I tell ya what. Earlier this week reports were abound that Moore was circulating conspiracy theories about the election and why he lost. Maybe he took a page out of Trumps book and claimed illegal immigrants voted I don't know? I mean 20,000 illegal votes is a far more realistic figure to play with than 5 million I give ya that. There's also the fact Mr Moore has yet to officially concede.

It is, you know, a pretty bad defeat. First R to lose that seat since 1997. 20 years. My goodness, times are achanging.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Roy Moore will be elected to the senate in a landslide in the next election.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
wait, a democrat won an election under questionable circumstances?

that NEVER happens

Of course they're trying to cover it up now...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It is, you know, a pretty bad defeat. First R to lose that seat since 1997. 20 years. My goodness, times are achanging.

If that's what you believe then by all means. I feel he lost due to the sexual allegations thrown at him right before the election. I'm assuming lots of conservatives said screw it and didn't vote based on those allegations.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why would he run? The state will run a primary. I predict if he has the balls to run again he looses in the primary.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Roy Moore will be elected to the senate in a landslide in the next election.

Why run someone who lost? Just run a Republican without any seedy baggage, they will win.

This isn't rocket science here. Moore is a flawed candidate with the allegations. Move on from him, focus on the prize, the Senate seats. We have to nominate candidates that Republicans and Independents and even Conservative Democrats ( there are some) will vote for.

We can have Tea Party type candidates, just like Rand Paul not some of the whacko fringe types we have nominated in the past. Be smart.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
wait, a democrat won an election under questionable circumstances?

that NEVER happens

Of course they're trying to cover it up now...

Yeah, we even paid a Republican judge to say that Roy Moore’s allegations were without merit and deny his request for further investigation.

Ain’t it a bitch when judges from your own party stoop to helping democrats in a cover up?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have to agree on there being some shady business in this one. I would even go as far to say that the RNC actually rigged the election for a Democrat.

That being said, Moore seemed like a doofus. I know he was probably in reality a competent professional, but he sort of came off a little too weird (although the media probably picked out the video that showed him in a bad light). That plus the fake allegations and the obvious voter fraud sealed the deal against him.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why would he run? The state will run a primary. I predict if he has the balls to run again he looses in the primary.

After 2 years of experiencing this Democrat, the citizens of Alabama will beg Roy Moore to run again.

link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Maybe he took a page out of Trumps book and claimed illegal immigrants voted I don't know?.

No, if he'd taken a page from Trump's book he'd be getting sworn in next week as the winner of the election rather than Doug Jones.

It took a tremendous amount of BS, smears, and an extraordinarily poor candidate for a Democrat to narrowly win in Alabama... I'm not sure I'd classify that as "times are achanging" so much as I would say "this is the very definition of an outlier."

link   

You’d think that by now, Roy Moore would be used to being overruled and/or removed from office by judges of his own political affiliation.

Some people just don’t know how to lose with dignity and Roy Moore is a fine example of that crowd.

edit on 28-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Keep cheering for that pedo.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

He's pretty sore about losing I tell ya what

How about ol "you know who?" I'd say her and all her cronies in the media and otherwise are vastly worse...goin on a year now with no end to the whining and whimpering in sight.

Personally ol Jonsey got played really well. But an election is an election and Im for the rule of law and the will of the people everytime. So move a long Roy.

Pity all the rest of you folks cant get over the aforementioned hag and the national election loss...but you folks only point, you never look at yourselves in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Now, Wheeeeeere did those accusers go?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Your kidding right? Please tell me your kidding.....Roy Moore is done and for good reason, that man was a nut job from hell. You may be right in regards to another republican but not that man child(catch my drift) of a person. Besides Doug Jones will still follow the GOP lines but he ran as a dem. Why are you butt hurt?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The judge is just trying to cover up the fact that Paraguay hacked the election.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No, like Hillary he is a loser, he lost..go home..isn't that what you would say about Hillary?..I wouldn't disagree.
He is a dinosaur and his beliefs and ideals for the most part would fit in..oh, about a hundred years ago.
edit on 28-12-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You people have missed the point in all of this. It doesn't matter who won or lost.

People of different states came from around the country to vote in a state they don't live in.

I cant believe we are okay with this broken system running the cogs. If we dont do something about this now and snip it in the bud this is going to get out of hand. The residents of a state will now longer have the right to vote for who they believe should represent them. Instead the entire contry will have a say and that is wrong.

I bet they dont want to look into it because of the # storm that will form. I wonder how many people came from around the world to vote illegily.

Thats what this should all mean. Holy little people batman.

Thats just my opinion and its value is what you place on it.

edit on 28-12-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: Silly little typos

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
In 2003, Moore was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court by Republicans.

In 2006 and 2010, he ran for the Republican nomination for Governor losing the GOP primaries both times. Moore lost 66%-33% in 2006. In 2010, he finished a distant fourth, with less than 20%.

A Republican Judge and a Republican Governor have accepted Jones as the legitimate winner of the election.

Republicans from Alabama continue to repudiate the guy. Jones may well be a one term Senator, but I find it very unlikely Moore will be the Republican Candidate put forward.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

well you heard the judge, nothing to see here.

move along.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join