It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media makes trump out to be hated. Yet poll they use show him tied with obama thru one year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

"MATT DRUDGE
MATT DRUDGE
@DRUDGE
Rasmussen Poll shows Trump at 46% APPROVE this morning, with 53% DISAPPROVE...

What about Obama at same exact date first year in presidency?? 46% APPROVE, 53% DISAPPROVE

mobile.twitter.com...

Now I don't put much stock in these polls.

But the media does. They have been using them all year to tell everyone how hated trump is.

Yet here we are that trump is as equally popular as Obama was at the exact same time in his presidency.

What's even more is that the media is three times more negative to trump than they were Obama.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

My take away from this is that I still don't trust these polls.

I don't think that trump is as hated as the media says, and I dont think he is as popular as trump himself believes.

But it's funny to see all of this negative coverage of trump, and the very polls they used to show how hated trump is show he is equal with what Obama was.

ETA: this is only the rasmussen poll.

Many other polls have trump lower and had Obama higher.
edit on 28-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Polls, just like the MSM are just tools to help sway public opinion. Some are dumb enough to fall for it and go with the supposed popular opinion but most people don't really give a crap.

After the last election I don't think many people believe any of the polls. After all, Hillary had a 95% chance of winning. Eat your heart out Nate Silver.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yup. One poll has him tied.

What about the rest?

Look for yourself

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That's interesting.. but I think that the ceiling on Trump's support is more limited and harder to crack due to the media coverage and all the fear and loathing and TDS.

I 'hope his administration can avert a war with NK since such a thing would define his presidency and not in a good way.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Not sure anyone even gives a crap about Polls,

Brexit was not going to happen and Trump didn't have a chance, you know how that little chestnut panned out..

The only count that matters is the one after the fact and with the BS that the US MSM (All MSM??) has been pulling they are about as trustworthy as a chocolate teapot or a glass hammer...

RA

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Trump will be higher than Obama going forward. Much higher.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It's so pretty obvious that Trump is 100% better than Obama. No need polls.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If you take the Rasmussen Poll in isolation then I guess that's right but the poll of polls which takes an average of the major polls shows Trump at a 39%
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So you dont like polls but your using them to try to show that people like trump.

edit on 28-12-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If you take the Rasmussen Poll in isolation then I guess that's right but the poll of polls which takes an average of the major polls shows Trump at a 39%
www.realclearpolitics.com...

You are right and I will edit to include that in the OP.

But still my take away is the same, the polls are most likely garbage as they have been, but it shows how the media's reliance on them to show how unpopular Trump is is ridiculous.

Trust me, if trump goes higher in the polls and strats to brag about it, I still will find the polls suspect.

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
qz.com...

This page shows Obamas approval ratings from beginning to end. He never went below 40%.
Trump is at 32% in some polls.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
qz.com...

This page shows Obamas approval ratings from beginning to end. He never went below 40%.
Trump is at 32% in some polls.

In "those polls" you mention, do you have their numbers from Obama at this same time in his presidency? If not, then that comment is moot is it not? Since you cannot compare equally, and therefore, it becomes your opinion. Which as we all know, is worth as much as mine or anyone's.....which is nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So you dont like polls but your using them to try to show that people like trump.

It's about the media and their polls, comprehend much?

Oh you mean if it fits your agenda its ok, thanks for being honest i guess.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

From cell block A?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Polls are fun. They're often used as a place to stick the heads of your enemies.

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Those are pikes. Pointy poles!

Another useful political tool...
edit on 12282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join