It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why China will never let North Korea fall.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
While Xi Xinping does not like Fat Boy, he wouldn't allow the fall of North Korea.

Xi does not love Kim, and he definitely doesn’t like what he has been doing with the nuclear and missile tests. Kim has even purged the senior people in the North Korean hierarchy who were closest to China, and Beijing still puts up with his behavior. Why? Because the survival of communist rule in North Korea is seen in Beijing as vital — not vital to China as a whole, but to the continuation of communist rule in China. That may sound weird, but look at it from the point of view of China’s current rulers.

What truly frightens the men in charge in China is seeing another communist regime go down. They were terrified by the collapse of the Soviet regime in 1989-1991, and they blame it on the weakness and willingness to compromise of the Soviet Communist Party.

For all their power and all their achievements, they see themselves as standing with their backs to a cliff. One step backward, one show of weakness, and they could be over the edge and in free-fall. Letting Kim fall, however much they dislike him, might unleash the whirlwind at home.

Conclusion? No matter what the various players say now, in the end North Korea will get to keep a modest nuclear deterrent force, but it will have to agree to keep it small enough that it could not possibly launch a successful first strike. Not that it could even remotely afford to build a force big enough to do that anyway.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

I think the only realistic option for China is to pay a North Korean general to overthrow Fat Boy. This will not only allow the NK Communist party to remain intact but also the Chinese get to have a leader who is easy to control. There will be no reunification of the Koreas because China will never allow it.
edit on 12/28/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Which is why Kim Jong Un keeps pressing Trump's buttons , he knows he's safe unless America want to face up to China.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ridiculous assumption.

Fatboy is simply responding in kind, not under the chinese strings.

In reality, they would rather have a proxy state, achievable by desposing kim and replacing him with a chinese yes man.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Ridiculous assumption.

To you perhaps but that doesn't surprise me.

Fatboy ? , I thought it was Rocketman.

In reality, they would rather have a proxy state, achievable by desposing kim and replacing him with a chinese yes man.

Ridiculous assumption.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Ridiculous assumption.

Well you got the proxy part right.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I agree with the sentiment of this article, China more than likely does not want North Korea to fall because it is a communist regime. However, I'm sure that China finds North Korea's antics quite annoying and irresponsible. If the U.S. decided to invade North Korea, China might indeed send a small defense force or something.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Communism will most likely fall regardless of North Korea. It's nothing about communism as an ideology it's about how communism is implemented.

Chinese Communism worked great for those with nothing, not so much for people who's lives were controlled.

Point being, the people in China will want more and their brand of communism won't cut it. Whether it be the reunification of Hong Kong to how many babies a citizen has, China has had to change and yes, it must be scary for them.

Their back is against the wall but not because of North Korea, a competitive Korea isn't good for them but neither is losing the Korea peninsula entirely.

North Korea will not attack first.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Someone say that the only solution to the North Korean crisis is an uprising from the North Korean people. However, here's the problem: who is gonna be the new leader?

If it's someone hostile to China, I can guarantee China will never tolerate it and will crush the new regime. The Soviets did that in Hungary and Czechoslovakia.

Also, the Russians will be involved because they too don't want US troops in their borders and a regime hostile to them.

a reply to: RAY1990

I agree Communism will fall but my point is for now North Korea will still remain as long as China remains Communist.

And even if Communism falls in China, Russia will still prop up North Korea since remember it was Stalin who created North Korea as a buffer zone. In fact, Russia along with China gave oil to North Korea.
edit on 12/28/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The problem with North Korea is the North Korean people are into worshiping authority figures. It's too bad they can't think for themselves and become a democracy.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The US should lose face in the world.

You'll see the dollar fall down the drain.

From what I gather North Korea gives fair warning about rocket launches, it's not obliged to give state secrets on technology or aspects of national defence.

It needn't tell anybody about nuclear tests. It's signed no such treaties.

Don't get me wrong this situation isn't good yet I'm not the kind of guy to say "my parents let the world go to s###" due to nobody solving it earlier.

Korea is defending itself, the world has been sanctioning them on and off for a long time. We've gave them no good reason to trust us, in fact they should detest the West.

Nobody ever says North Korea is a sovereign nation or treats them as such, we really should address the basic protocols with regards of nations dealing with each other before anything else.

Because as I see it, we could be saving starving humans instead of demonising a dictatorship.

We've got loads of nations that abuse human rights that nations in the West deal closely with, we don't sanction profits though do we?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Could call him Little Boy or Fat Man. It’s all going to end the same way.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't think decisions made in the soviet era have any bearing on things today, in fact I'd argue that the murder of Gaddafi holds more weight on such decisions.

Russia insists on what the world defines as the lawful process in regards to such things.

Now I'm talking about sovereignty but the reality is it's a perception war too, and the US is losing and will lose if it does anything deemed illegal.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Funny you think China would have a choice.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

TPTB always need a place that they can point too and say it's not that bad, if they didn't they'd invent it... Ergo, China..Atleast we're not North Korea...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

Could call him Little Boy or Fat Man. It’s all going to end the same way.

Could call him Kim Jong Un and stop the petty name calling.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You're right, it really is about China. Isolation and Containment of China.

You mentioned Japan, did you know Japan is converting warship(s) to aircraft carrier(s) to accept F 35s being shipped to Japan? This is the first time Japan will have Carriers since WWII.

How are aircraft carrier(s) going to defend Japan from North Korea?

Before you answer that, consider it isn't Korea that Japan needs an aircraft carrier armada for, its the disputed South China sea islands that harbor all those natural resources that China claims ownership of. But nice try making this thread about Korea and Japan, instead.

breaking news...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Don't forget that China doesn't want refugees in the millions.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
ofcourse china doesnt want navo for there door...like Russia !

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There was no shock that Russia and China are supporting NK and Fatboy with oil.

They are not our friends. They love the crazy nut in NK and want to keep the US on our toes.

So, who's crazier-Trump's tweets or Fatboy's toy rockets??

China's communism will fail-they are becoming too economically powerful to allow it to continue to exist. However, they will never allow any country besides themselves to occupy (or control) NK. They enjoy the imbalance NK provides.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It was revealed yesterday that China is violating the UN sanctions by continuing to ship oil to North Korea even though China says that they are not. 30 shipments over the last two months have been recorded by u.s. spy satellites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join