It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i miss the old system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
*sighs* i remember when i first joined ATS and the old resistence system, which went up every so number of posts. I miss that system soo much
is the point system going to be removed at a later date or is it staying??

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
There was another system?????

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Is the point system different now than it was? How long ago?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yep, you have NWO, mind control and Alien resistence levels plus you had some called "inside appreciation" (that was when the mods gave you praise for really good posts). This was about a year and half ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'v had several appreciation point thingies....are you saying they no longer give those? Explain this to me....more detail....I missed it I guess.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Some of the features such as the paranoia level and others were dropped I think due to the increase in load times and strain they created, since calculations were necessary for each post, each time a thread was viewed or refreshed. Inside appreciation still exists in the form of the Applause system. Mods and admins can issue them out to people who make good posts, thus slowly turning your post-bar red over time and giving you a bonus of 250 ATS Points.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
lol infi! do you remember the stars lol..??

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I totally forgot about that. Try looking at the old forum using webarchive...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I've been looking through the out boards through www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Internet Archive Wayback Machine , I can't find what your on about, anyone got screenshots or something similar to explain

[edit on 14-2-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here is an example.

web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

thanks kinglizard, so any old (ats) timers how did the system work.....

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh, God, I remember way before you. Actually, found my old profile from the site. Different user name, but still. old profile

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ahhhh...good times...good times.

I also really liked the mini bars we had for Paranoia level, that went towards Running for the Hills the more we posted on Conspriacy Topics and such, and went towards Tranquil the more we posted in Chit Chat forums. I think this was before BTS, could have been aroudn for the beginning tho, but that time is kinda hazy to me.

The main Paranoia Indicator on the ATS Main Page would should the level of the whole board, the more posts in Conspiracy Topics itd go towards Running for the Hills, same with Chit Chat, itd go towards Tranquil.

Im not really sure how the Resistance Level works, but they have basically the same thing on Sportztawk.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hey old timers!!! Any of you remember this? Remember when Byrdie first joined and we were all trying to figure out just who the mysterious Byrd was??? LOL.. Info on Byrd

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Remember this???? Brian

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

thanks kinglizard, so any old (ats) timers how did the system work.....

If I remember right, I think those ranking scale just depended on what forum categories u posted the most. (keep in mind at the time, there wasn't as much categories as there are now)

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
hehehee...

They were good days

Check out this one, why we got rid of polls...
web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How to keep a message board in suspence?
web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hah, alot of people call me "Pops-Soda" in the chatroom now because I explained to them what ATS used to be like way before the forum. I remember looking at ATS in about 1997-98 and it was nothing but Area51. I would always go to abovetopsecret.com and see the Area51 homepage, along with the aircraft links on the left side of the page. I have seen the ATS site grow dramatically. The old red and white color of the website. Its been a long time since ive seen that. Then I came back another day and saw all of this new stuff here. I dont have any screenshots of the old ATS...but I do have an old website. Something that started off like wysing://115/www.abovetopsecret.com. Something like that. But I remember, it was really old. ATS has sure grown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join