It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Moore challenges Alabama Senate election defeat, alleges rampant voter fraud

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Flatfish

Explain that? I would say they need to get some better people working there.

And I couldn’t agree more!

Problem is, finding competent help nowadays is almost impossible. They don’t make em like they used to.

That’s why fast food restaurants have to train their employees to have you pull up from the drive through window, even when nobody is behind you. It’s because their help is so incompetent, they can’t trust them to make the decision, to have you pull up when it’s actually needed, for themselves.

Then as soon as I start to bitch about it, I witness some other example of blatant incompetence, (like stamping the wrong name in a voter registry) and I kinda understand why I have to pull up at the drive through when nobody is behind me.

Incompetence is a bigger problem than most people realize and in this particular case, I think it may account for a lot of the “dead” voters we keep hearing about.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Let me ask you something. Has anyone accused Roy Moore of anything after he was married by anyone for anything?a reply to: Flatfish

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

It was bad enough for a full grown woman to accuse someone of rape in the 70s & 80s. They were either not believed at all or they would be vilified and exiled from their community. Hell, they still do it today.

We're talking about the 1970s, not the 1870s. There were plenty of prosecutions back then. Maybe not as sensitive to the victim as today, but to characterize it the way you do makes it sound like folks were still clubbing the women and dragging them back to their caves. No.

Now can you imagine being a 14 yr old girl and accusing the district attorney of sexual misconduct?

That’s asking more of a 14 yr old girl than most grown women would be willing to do.

OK, I'll grant you that for the sake of argument. How about a 24 year old woman? a 34 year old woman? a 44 year old woman?

She didn't just wait until she was older... she waited 40 years and 5 campaigns later, when Roy Moore was about to be a sitting US Senator instead of a DEPUTY District Attorney. Roy Moore was never a DA to my knowledge.

I can’t even begin to imagine what Roy Moore may have done to her, as district attorney, had she accused him of sexual misconduct at a time when he had that much authority and power over her life.

Again, he was not the DA, just a guy who offered to sit with her outside the courtroom. He was not exercising power over her; he had absolutely no power over her two weeks later when she moved out of town in her father's custody. He was in no way connected with her custody case at the time.

I would just image those women feel quite a bit braver now that they’re a bit older and Roy Moore is no longer in a position of power. Not to mention, with the “me too” thing going on and all.

Older, yes. But Moore never had more power than when they finally accused him. Instead of a lowly lawyer working in the DAs office, he was an ex-Alabama Chief Justice, twice, with massive political support from the people, and was the presumed next US Senator. Is that less powerful than the assistant DA who's not even assigned to your parent's custody case over you?

And now he has no power... he just lost that Senate race. Where is Corfman? Oh, right, nowhere to be found.. Instead of waiting until he was less powerful to attack, she waited until he was at a peak in his power and STOPPED ATTACKING when he lost power. That's the opposite of your claim.

As for the "me too" thing... I don't really feel a lot of sympathy for pack mentality, especially when it is used for political gain.

Now, care to explain the time line and location issues with her story? Or are you just interested in finding Moore guilty without proof?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: UKTruth

I would say those that assumed his guilt are the shameful ones and should be hiding under a rock right about now.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. You and I almost always occupy opposite sides of the rock.

Yeah - my side is one that respects people's rights to be viewed as innocent until proven guilty.

Yeah well, if you were American you’d know that’s only in a court of law.

Legally, he is still innocent until proven guilty. He hasn’t been charged in a court of law which is probably the only reason he’s not currently serving prison time and/or paying huge settlements.

He should be thankful for that.

American elections take place in the court of public opinions and guess what, the people believe the women, so he loses the election. See how simple that is?

If he wants to see someone get charged in court, all he has to do is to sue them for defamation but he’s not gonna do that because he knows the truth will come out during the discovery process.

Outside of the law, I prefer to wait for evidence before condemning someone, and even then the evidence has to be overwhelming and compelling for me to be driven to slandering a person and aiding an attempt to ruin their careers and lives.

The vast majority of voters in Alabama took the information in and decided which way they would vote, weighing the stories with other factors, without running around slandering the man. That's what normal people do. Scumbags join in the media slander, attempting to ruin a persons life with no evidence.

I did ask myself the question... what if he is guilty? I can rest easy, if so, because I have kept to the basic principal of awaiting evidence. I wonder have those spreading unsupported slander ever asked themselves, what if he is innocent? I bet the answer is no, because then they'd have to think about the very real possibility that they themselves are complete scum.
edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The vast majority of voters in Alabama took the information in and decided which way they would vote, weighing the stories with other factors, without running around slandering the man. That's what normal people do.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

This race wasn't, in the end, won by the allegations. It was lost by an unwillingness to fight.

From what I know of Roy Moore, having followed him all my life, I believe he was just too thin-skinned to handle the allegations. He has spent his entire life abiding by a set of moral and religious codes that oftentimes put him at odds with TPTB, and has been the guy known to not back down no matter what. But those were charges made over actual events wherein he had his morality to stand on. This time, it was his morality that was questioned, in a manner that disallowed proof. I think it really rattled him, and in the end cost him not only this race, but perhaps his entire political career.

And the spectators cheered at the fallen gladiator... I wonder how long until Christians are once again fed to lions for sport?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
Let me ask you something. Has anyone accused Roy Moore of anything after he was married by anyone for anything?a reply to: Flatfish

Accused of sexual misconduct? I wouldn’t know, but whether he has or not doesn’t establish his guilt or innocence with respect to these allegations.

He’s definitely been accused of being a religious fanatic and was twice removed from Alabama’s Supreme Court for doing things, based on his religious beliefs, deemed to be unconstitutional by both, the Alabama court of the judiciary and the U.S. Supreme Court.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Haha, I just said in a thread 2 above, I cant believe there is not a thread about this. Moore lost. He needs to get a life and forget about it. Its over. trump even told him to let it go.

Trump said he will again have a chance at the Alabama seat very soon. You should pay more attention to the content of his tweets.

Edit:Quit the partisan BS. Like i said this should be a bipartisan issue and needs to be investigated.

I do pay attention to trumps tweets, I love to catch him in lies, and NO Moore was turned down its official and its over. As Usual you went on and on in this thread, and now its over and the red state is no blue.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It was bad enough for a full grown woman to accuse someone of rape in the 70s & 80s. They were either not believed at all or they would be vilified and exiled from their community. Hell, they still do it today.

We're talking about the 1970s, not the 1870s. There were plenty of prosecutions back then. Maybe not as sensitive to the victim as today, but to characterize it the way you do makes it sound like folks were still clubbing the women and dragging them back to their caves. No.

On the one hand, Roy Moore supporters claim that back in those days it was acceptable to date 14 yr old girls and now you come along and tell me that we live in modern times where women aren’t ridiculed and/or made out to be the villain when they accuse men in power of sexual misconduct.

Well, I’m here to tell you that neither one is true and if you think it is, why don’t you try selling that line of crap to Monica Lewinsky or Jennifer Flowers or any of the other women that accused Bill Clinton.

OK, I'll grant you that for the sake of argument. How about a 24 year old woman? a 34 year old woman? a 44 year old woman?

She didn't just wait until she was older... she waited 40 years and 5 campaigns later, when Roy Moore was about to be a sitting US Senator instead of a DEPUTY District Attorney. Roy Moore was never a DA to my knowledge.

Maybe because during that time, he held positions of legal authority where he could have orchestrated false charges and/or incarceration without much recourse.

Just go out there and get on the wrong side of a local cop in a small town and see how long it takes for him and his friends to zero in on your ass. Now extrapolate that power & authority up the scale, all the way to deputy district attorney and then Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, the state where the accuser resides.

I know I wouldn’t accuse a sitting DDA or Supreme Court Justice in my home state without DNA evidence to prove my claim, (see Monica Lewinsky) and even then I would expect repercussions. (see Monica Lewinsky)

Again, he was not the DA, just a guy who offered to sit with her outside the courtroom. He was not exercising power over her; he had absolutely no power over her two weeks later when she moved out of town in her father's custody. He was in no way connected with her custody case at the time.

What a load of B.S.!! Even if he was “just” deputy district attorney, he had power over her at that time, if by no other means than by virtue of his age and the fact that her mother left her in his charge.

Furthermore, if you think that your deputy district attorney can’t bring a whole host of problems into your life, go out and piss one off and see what happens. Go out and call his wife a whore in public and see if you don’t end up getting charged with crimes you didn’t even know happened.

Have you not seen any of the videos depicting LEOs dropping illegal evidence on people they’re intentionally framing? Or, dropping their taser next to the victims dead body after they shot him in the back while he was running away?

Don’t think that sh#t can’t happen to you and all it takes to initiate it is to piss off someone within the law enforcement chain, as in accusing them of something immoral that’s extremely hard, if not impossible, to prove without video evidence.

Older, yes. But Moore never had more power than when they finally accused him. Instead of a lowly lawyer working in the DAs office, he was an ex-Alabama Chief Justice, twice, with massive political support from the people, and was the presumed next US Senator. Is that less powerful than the assistant DA who's not even assigned to your parent's custody case over you?

And now he has no power... he just lost that Senate race. Where is Corfman? Oh, right, nowhere to be found.. Instead of waiting until he was less powerful to attack, she waited until he was at a peak in his power and STOPPED ATTACKING when he lost power. That's the opposite of your claim.

Sorry, but I feel just the opposite and I’d bet those women do too.

I wouldn’t feel that threatened by a non-incumbent who is merely running for office, if anything this is probably his most vulnerable moment. On top of that, I wouldn’t feel near as vulnerable towards a senator as I would my home state’s law enforcement.

Hell, I write my two senators and tell them to kiss my ass on a relatively regular basis.

As for the "me too" thing... I don't really feel a lot of sympathy for pack mentality, especially when it is used for political gain.

It’s not about how pack mentally makes you feel, it’s about how it makes those women feel. If it makes them feel empowered enough to come out of the shadows and stand up to those who abused them, good!

Now, care to explain the time line and location issues with her story? Or are you just interested in finding Moore guilty without proof?

TheRedneck

Look, if the timeline was enough to prove Roy Moore’s innocence, why isn’t he suing those women and using that timeline to clear himself?

No, if Roy Moore is too scared to sue his accusers for defamation, why should I give a big hairy rat’s ass about some timeline that even he knows doesn’t prove sh#t?

I would wager that he’s pretty much afraid of any accurate timeline of his own actions that may come out in a court of law if he were to sue those women.
edit on 29-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I would say those that assumed his guilt are the shameful ones and should be hiding under a rock right about now.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. You and I almost always occupy opposite sides of the rock.

Yeah - my side is one that respects people's rights to be viewed as innocent until proven guilty.

Legally, he is still innocent until proven guilty. He hasn’t been charged in a court of law which is probably the only reason he’s not currently serving prison time and/or paying huge settlements.

American elections take place in the court of public opinions and guess what, the people believe the women, so he loses the election. See how simple that is?

If he wants to see someone get charged in court, all he has to do is to sue them for defamation but he’s not gonna do that because he knows the truth will come out during the discovery process.

Outside of the law, I prefer to wait for evidence before condemning someone, and even then the evidence has to be overwhelming and compelling for me to be driven to slandering a person and aiding an attempt to ruin their careers and lives.

The vast majority of voters in Alabama took the information in and decided which way they would vote, weighing the stories with other factors, without running around slandering the man. That's what normal people do. Scumbags join in the media slander, attempting to ruin a persons life with no evidence.

I did ask myself the question... what if he is guilty? I can rest easy, if so, because I have kept to the basic principal of awaiting evidence. I wonder have those spreading unsupported slander ever asked themselves, what if he is innocent? I bet the answer is no, because then they'd have to think about the very real possibility that they themselves are complete scum.

And for those women who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is indeed guilty, they could NOT rest easy, because it actually happened to them and they knew damn good and well that a sexual predator was fixin to get elected to the U.S. senate. Especially at a time when we’re supposed to be “draining the swamp.”

For them it was now or never. So they told their story as they have every right to do and a majority of the Alabama voters who chose to vote, believed their stories over Roy Moore’s denials. Which by the way, was their right to do as well.

Roy Moore lost and now it’s all over but the crying. Well, that and figuring out why God let him down after calling on him to run.

ETA; I almost forgot, yes I have considered it and even if he was innocent of the sexual misconduct allegations, he has no business being in the U.S. Senate.

The man has been twice removed from his position as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court for violating the law and the U.S. Constitution and it was his own state’s court of the judiciary that removed him.

He’s a proven religious zealot who has no business being in any legislative position because he doesn’t respect the rule of law.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

And for those women who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is indeed guilty could NOT rest easy, because it actually happened to them and they knew damn good and well that a sexual predator was fixin to get elected to the U.S. senate. Especially at a time when we’re supposed to be “draining the swamp.”

For them it was now or never. So they told their story as they have every right to do and a majority of the Alabama voters who chose to vote, believed their stories over Roy Moore’s denials. Which by the way, was their right to do as well.

Roy Moore lost and now it’s all over but the crying. Well, that and figuring out why God let him down after calling on him to run.

I'm tempted to say that the wrong number was called by mistake.
Given the fact that Moore once argued that it might be a good idea to get rid of every amendment after the Tenth, I am delighted that he lost.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

On the one hand, Roy Moore supporters claim that back in those days it was acceptable to date 14 yr old girls and now you come along and tell me that we live in modern times where women aren’t ridiculed and/or made out to be the villain when they accuse men in power of sexual misconduct.

Times were different, but different does not always mean opposite. And I haven't seen anyone state that it was acceptable for a 30-something to date a 14 year old. That's your penchant for exaggeration talking, no one else.

18, 19, 20 year old? Maybe, quite maybe. 14? Nope.

Maybe because during that time, he held positions of legal authority where he could have orchestrated false charges and/or incarceration without much recourse.

Just go out there and get on the wrong side of a local cop in a small town and see how long it takes for him and his friends to zero in on your ass. Now extrapolate that power & authority up the scale, all the way to deputy district attorney and then Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, the state where the accuser resides.

We have already established he had no legal authority over her at the time. And even if he had, you do realize she was the one who met him regularly, according to her own claims?

So, we have a 14 year old girl who was intimidated by this older man, who didn't even know at the time who he was, but was intimidated by him just the same, who claims to have gladly went along with the supposed advances, to the point of running out at night without her mother's knowledge to meet him, and who claims to have had months worth of romantic encounters in the mere two weeks she lived there, and only decided to come forward with this information 30 days before a US Senate election where he was polling a double-digit lead.

Right.

Furthermore, if you think that your deputy district attorney can’t bring a whole host of problems into your life, go out and piss one off and see what happens. Go out and call his wife a whore in public and see if you don’t end up getting charged with crimes you didn’t even know happened.

It appears anyone can do exactly that, not just a deputy district attorney. Maybe it's just a deputy district attorney or someone named Corfman...

Have you not seen any of the videos depicting LEOs dropping illegal evidence on people they’re intentionally framing?

Don't need to see the videos. I've seen it happen in front of me.

I wouldn’t feel that threatened by a non-incumbent who is merely running for office, if anything this is probably his most vulnerable moment. On top of that, I wouldn’t feel near as vulnerable towards a senator as I would my home state’s law enforcement.

This was far from his 'most vulnerable moment.' That would have been, oh, I don't know, when he was ousted for daring to not remove a plaque of the Ten Commandments from his courtroom? Or maybe when the whole nation was feverishly calling for his head when he told the State Probate Judges to apply Alabama law over a Federal Supreme Court decision?

The Chief Justice does not preside over criminal trials. He acts in the same way for Alabama as the US Supreme Court does for the US. When was the last time you saw a criminal trial in the halls of the Supreme Court?

It’s not about how pack mentally makes you feel, it’s about how it makes those women feel. If it makes them feel empowered enough to come out of the shadows and stand up to those who abused them, good!

And if it makes them feel like lying for profit, that's fine with you too, right?

Look, if the timeline was enough to prove Roy Moore’s innocence, why isn’t he suing those women and using that timeline to clear himself?

Could be several reasons. Maybe there's no potential gain for him. Will winning a lawsuit make him Senator? Nope. Will winning the lawsuit clear his name? Unlikely, since so many people have stated that guilt or innocence is irrelevant to them. Will winning the lawsuit reimburse him for his legal expenses? Probably not, because Corfman isn't exactly wealthy (except for her payoff from the DNC, which she has likely already spent on lottery tickets).

Maybe you need to ask Moore that question. I'd like the answer myself.

But moreso, I'd like to know why an allegation and lack of prosecution is evidence of his lying, while an allegation and lack of prosecution is evidence of Corfman's innocence.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He lost move on

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I have.

But I won't stand by and let an honest man be railroaded either. That's not over, apparently (even though all the accusers have disappeared). That would be true whether it was Roy Moore or some nobody I knew.

TheRedneck

edit on 12/29/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Who knows, if people like you keep making excuses for people like Roy Moore, maybe one day you will get your wish to be represented by a sexual predator and a religious zealot at the same time. Those of you who defend him certainly deserve no less.

Problem is, there’s a lot of good decent people in Alabama and the nation who deserve better and we’re all better off without people like Roy Moore in positions of authority.

For now, I’m just glad it’s over and I’m even happier that Roy Moore and those who support him lost.

If there were ever two things I could do without in my life, it’s sexual predators and religious zealots. Much less the super-combo known as Roy Moore.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Now that the election of Doug Jones has been certified, is there any news yet as to what Roy Moore will be up to next?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Now that the election of Doug Jones has been certified, is there any news yet as to what Roy Moore will be up to next?

He’ll probably end up suing his own state’s election board over some bogus voter fraud accusations, costing his home state taxpayers valuable dollars, because he’s far too big a coward to sue the women who accused him of sexual misconduct.

That and waiting for God to accidentally dial the wrong number again and call him back into service.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Accused of sexual misconduct? I wouldn’t know, but whether he has or not doesn’t establish his guilt or innocence with respect to these allegations.

He’s definitely been accused of being a religious fanatic and was twice removed from Alabama’s Supreme Court for doing things, based on his religious beliefs, deemed to be unconstitutional by both, the Alabama court of the judiciary and the U.S. Supreme Court.

the fact that Moore only lost by approx. 20,000 votes, means to me, that the vast majority of Alabama republicans didn't give a s**t whether he was removed by the supreme court. they still wanted him to be a senator passing laws.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Those are the "values" they hold so dearly.

Contempt for the rule of law. Religious beliefs over the federal law.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

the fact that Moore only lost by approx. 20,000 votes, means to me, that the vast majority of Alabama republicans didn't give a s**t whether he was removed by the supreme court. they still wanted him to be a senator passing laws.

Doesn’t say much for Alabama.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Well, at least you finally show your true colors. This isn't about sexual impropriety; it's about your anger and hatred toward anything and anyone religious. I already knew it, but now others can see it too.

Truth be known, I didn't always agree with Moore. The thing I liked about him was his honesty - Roy Moore always said what Roy Moore intended to do. There were no surprises. Of course, honesty doesn't seem to matter when it comes to most people, like you. Obama lied, and lied, and lied some more, yet he was championed. Moore tells the truth and he is accused of lying. Trump tells the truth and he is accused of everything from racism to killing puppies with a billy club.

And then, when all the lies have been shown to be lies, you shrug your shoulders and wonder why things keep getting so bad.

Unless Corfman shows some actual evidence to back up her story, I will give Roy Moore the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't matter if you want to lay on the floor and scream and kick about it. I will remain true to my values, and I value honesty.

Doesn’t say much for Alabama.

it says we value honesty. Someday, maybe you will understand that.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join