It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Moore challenges Alabama Senate election defeat, alleges rampant voter fraud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
BTW, an Alabama judge has ruled that his basis for contesting the election was not valid

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Flatfish

I would say those that assumed his guilt are the shameful ones and should be hiding under a rock right about now.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. You and I almost always occupy opposite sides of the rock.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

I would say those that assumed his guilt are the shameful ones and should be hiding under a rock right about now.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. You and I almost always occupy opposite sides of the rock.

Yeah - my side is one that respects people's rights to be viewed as innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
BTW, an Alabama judge has ruled that his basis for contesting the election was not valid

edit on 28-12-2017 by Flatfish because: Total mistake on my part.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I feel I should weigh in on this. I have not even read the OP at this point; I doubt I need to, since it's all over the local news here.

I supported Moore. I thought he would make a good Senator, and I am very concerned how Jones will vote on issues. I do not believe the allegations against Moore, and think the accusers were paid by the DNC... and not surprisingly, all of these terrible events he supposedly instigated are no longer being leveled at him. I still wish Moore had gotten the election.

But...

If Roy wants to challenge the election, he has had plenty of time to gather evidence of fraud. He hasn't presented anything compelling that I have seen. Doug Jones did not win the election; Roy Moore lost it. The last two weeks of the campaigns had Jones commercials on non-stop and barely a Moore commercial to be heard or seen. Moore stopped giving rallies beyond appearing with his lawyers. And, of course, the interview with Hannity was absolutely horrible.

The Junior Senator from the Great State of Alabama is Doug Jones.

Judge Moore, please back off. Your actions after the election have already hurt your reputation more in the long run that all of the allegations. You should instead concentrate on legal action against your accusers to clear your name.

Senator Jones, you made a lot of promises about reaching across the aisle and supporting major parts of Trump's agenda. I expect you to hold to those promises. You will be back asking for my vote in 2020; please have a good reason for me to listen to you.

The people have spoken. It is done.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yeah - my side is one that respects people's rights to be viewed as innocent until proven guilty.

Yeah well, if you were American you’d know that’s only in a court of law.

Legally, he is still innocent until proven guilty. He hasn’t been charged in a court of law which is probably the only reason he’s not currently serving prison time and/or paying huge settlements.

He should be thankful for that.

American elections take place in the court of public opinions and guess what, the people believe the women, so he loses the election. See how simple that is?

If he wants to see someone get charged in court, all he has to do is to sue them for defamation but he’s not gonna do that because he knows the truth will come out during the discovery process.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And you can’t see what’s wrong with your question? Really? Because if you can’t, that’s kinda scary.

Let me start with; Who is supposed to be the adult in the scenarios mentioned above?

We do not know if it is true or not. We do not even know her age outside of what she says she was. If it was true then it is wrong, my point is why would she be there in the first place in a sexually energized situation. She really didn't talk about how she ended up there, or why she wrote good thoughts in her yearbook next to his signature if it was his signature. I see angles here that tell me that for 40 years there was no incident and now there is.

These aren’t gotcha questions and as far as I’m concerned there is no excuse. I don’t care if the 14 yr old was a runaway prostitute, a 30+ yr old district attorney is supposed to know better.

Not only that, but you’d think that someone who claims to be such a devout Christian would have at least a remote sense of what ethical behavior was.

Is a 30 year old dating legal teens unethical?

I can’t believe that you or anyone else who even consider placing blame on a 14 yr old child.

I'm not, or at least not trying to. I just do not believe her....

edit on 28-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You may not be meaning to, but you are definitely still blaming the child when you ask what she’s doing in a sexually charged situation.

She’s 14 yrs old!!!!! She made a mistake!!!! She is a child and they’re expected to do that.

He’s a 30+ yr old adult. He’s the district attorney. He claims to be a devout Christian.

It wouldn’t matter if she was a prostitute, just ask Eliot Spitzer.

And by the way, I don’t think 14 yr olds are “legal teens” in any state and according to most of the Christians I know, it was unethical. Right up until Trump started running for office. After that, they pretty much abandoned every moral and ethical principle they ever espoused.

I was right, you are scary.
edit on 28-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The polls have Roy Moore on top. It seems strange the election result differed so much from the polls. The polls were stop on in the 2016 presidential election which predicted Hillary win popular vote by 2.1% which is exactly spot on.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

She’s 14 yrs old!!!!! She made a mistake!!!! She is a child and they’re expected to do that.
ethical principle they ever espoused.

My assumption is either it didn't happen, or was not a big deal then and for the next 40 years...I'm also not sure how to rate.. "He touched me though my bra"...

Just all seems very conveniently political...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

50 years from now people are going to look back at our culture and will wonder what in the world was going on.

Yes, we have become weird, very weird. But my point is culture. Most today simply cannot understand cultural changes and differences.

The biggest difference today vs. 50+ years ago?imo, is male scarcity. We had fought 2 world wars. Male scarcity back then combined with women not commonly active in the workforce and recovery just beginning after the great depressio . Well, women married off younger.
It really is that simple. A young girls worst fear in yesteryear was to not get married. See, men had choices then as of today women are in control of the sexual market place.

We hzve been at peace for z long time and todays culture is all about sex in one way or another. Most of histofh is obsessed with eating every day and staying warm.

Juxge Roy states he did not do the things these women claim. I have a feeling he WAS dating young women till he got married. I suspect he wanted a virgin type bride, i could be wrong just guessing. Remember, male scarcity. If he never forced himself on anyone then it would be easy for him to deny the accusations while never having remembered the woman or the date. A different culture then. An alpha back then could have dated a different girl every night and they would all compete for him. They do that today even. Women all want to sleep with the 15% alphas, but they get to set the rules today is all. 60 years ago, men had harems. Today, women have harems. It is a culture thing. All we need is another war killing millions of provider type men and male scarcity will once again define culture.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I don't think anyone is blaming a 14 year old child. I am certainly not, and I haven't head anyone else do so either.

I DO blame a 50-something woman if she made up or exaggerated that story from her youth for political gain.

Bottom line is, there are a lot of holes in her story. One is that she was placed in her father's custody in another town two weeks after she met Moore outside that courtroom. To hear her tell her tale, though, they dated for a few months. That's hard to reconcile with the court records that show she wasn't even around there after two weeks.

That's one hole; there are others. That's why I believe she is lying, and I believe she was paid to do so because she has had 40 years to bring out a charge against a very popular politician and never went public... until WaPo reporters somehow found her amid all the people in Gadsden, even though she wasn't looking to tell her story and the reporter wasn't soliciting anything. Right...

Not to mention, she is nowhere to be found in the news now... her job is done and she's moved on. Doug Jones is the Senator.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

When exactly do you think this allegedly happened? You act like we’re talking about back in the fifties. Well, we’re not.

If I’m not mistaken, we’re talking about late seventies, early eighties.

I got married in 1975, I was 19 yrs old and I think I know what our culture was like at the time and it wasn’t OK for 32 yr old men to be hitting on 14 yr old girls.

My father would have killed that SOB over that sh#t had he done it to my sister at pretty much the same time period we’re talking about here.

Furthermore, I’d just bet if it was your 14 yr old daughter, you’d feel a little bit different about it too.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It was bad enough for a full grown woman to accuse someone of rape in the 70s & 80s. They were either not believed at all or they would be vilified and exiled from their community. Hell, they still do it today.

Now can you imagine being a 14 yr old girl and accusing the district attorney of sexual misconduct?

That’s asking more of a 14 yr old girl than most grown women would be willing to do.

I can’t even begin to imagine what Roy Moore may have done to her, as district attorney, had she accused him of sexual misconduct at a time when he had that much authority and power over her life.

I would just image those women feel quite a bit braver now that they’re a bit older and Roy Moore is no longer in a position of power. Not to mention, with the “me too” thing going on and all.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think they should recount the ballots and most surely make sure that the voters who voted are still alive. On both sides of the party line.

My father voted once after he died and guess who’s fault it was, a Republican poll worker that’s who.

My father and I shared the same first and last name with a different middle initial and when I went to vote in November 2012, (he died in April 2012) I noticed that they stamped my fathers name with the “voted” stamp instead of mine.

I immediately notified them of the mistake, but did they correct it? Hell no they didn’t!

I told them that some nutter would notice this and run around swearing that dead people were voting, they said it was already done and therefore it was too bad.

Well that wasn’t the only time this happened to us. Prior to my fathers death, on several occasions, they made the same mistake of stamping the wrong person’s name in the voter registry and when the other one of us came in to vote, they would simply stamp the others name. Because we were both living and both voting, it was pretty much a mute point.

But after my father died, the same mistake becomes instant fodder for the in-person voter fraud nutters and I’m beginning to wonder if it isn’t deliberate. I’m wondering if it isn’t their way of developing grounds for disputing election results in advance of knowing the outcome.

Kinda the same way a lawyer will sometimes attempt to inject certain elements into a trial in order to insure he has a viable reason to request a mistrial or re-trial in a case where he feels he may not win outright. Call it Plan B.

In my case, the only “dead” person that voted was the “brain dead” person posing as a poll worker.

The Republicans were doing that kind of stuff too. But, I have to add, there is no way in hell that they could have told you which candidate he voted for. There are privacy regulations and with the way voting is done, there is no way for anyone in the voting place to know how that person voted without doing an investigation. So, while you were correct in the fact that someone had voted, you cannot know how that person voted, I vote almost every election, I know there is not a way to trace how that person voted without a regular investigation occurring. It probably did happen, but who the guy voted for isn't known.

Did your father actually vote in the other elections? or was someone else actually voting for him all along?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

ethical principle they ever espoused.

My assumption is either it didn't happen, or was not a big deal then and for the next 40 years...I'm also not sure how to rate.. "He touched me though my bra"...

Just all seems very conveniently political...

Well, what about “he shoved my face in his lap,” how do you rate that?

Some of the women admitted that they were Trump supporters, why would they do that? What is so politically convenient for them about that?

And if it didn’t happen, Roy Moore would be suing them for defamation. But he won’t because he knows that he couldn’t take the shame if and when the undeniable truth came out.

While I wouldn’t donate a dime, I would bet good money that you could create a go-fund-me account that raised enough to cover the entire legal cost of him suing those women and he still wouldn’t do it.

The only thing stopping him is the truth, but I’m pretty sure he’d rather maintain deniability and that’s what I call being “politically convenient.”

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think they should recount the ballots and most surely make sure that the voters who voted are still alive. On both sides of the party line.

My father voted once after he died and guess who’s fault it was, a Republican poll worker that’s who.

My father and I shared the same first and last name with a different middle initial and when I went to vote in November 2012, (he died in April 2012) I noticed that they stamped my fathers name with the “voted” stamp instead of mine.

I immediately notified them of the mistake, but did they correct it? Hell no they didn’t!

I told them that some nutter would notice this and run around swearing that dead people were voting, they said it was already done and therefore it was too bad.

Well that wasn’t the only time this happened to us. Prior to my fathers death, on several occasions, they made the same mistake of stamping the wrong person’s name in the voter registry and when the other one of us came in to vote, they would simply stamp the others name. Because we were both living and both voting, it was pretty much a mute point.

But after my father died, the same mistake becomes instant fodder for the in-person voter fraud nutters and I’m beginning to wonder if it isn’t deliberate. I’m wondering if it isn’t their way of developing grounds for disputing election results in advance of knowing the outcome.

Kinda the same way a lawyer will sometimes attempt to inject certain elements into a trial in order to insure he has a viable reason to request a mistrial or re-trial in a case where he feels he may not win outright. Call it Plan B.

In my case, the only “dead” person that voted was the “brain dead” person posing as a poll worker.

The Republicans were doing that kind of stuff too. But, I have to add, there is no way in hell that they could have told you which candidate he voted for. There are privacy regulations and with the way voting is done, there is no way for anyone in the voting place to know how that person voted without doing an investigation. So, while you were correct in the fact that someone had voted, you cannot know how that person voted, I vote almost every election, I know there is not a way to trace how that person voted without a regular investigation occurring. It probably did happen, but who the guy voted for isn't known.

Did your father actually vote in the other elections? or was someone else actually voting for him all along?

You need to re-read my post because there never was a question with regard to who my father was voting for at any time, before or after his death.

The problem was that inevitably, the poll worker would stamp the wrong name when one of us voted.

When he was alive, we both always voted. When he voted, more often than not, they would stamp the word voted next to my name in the voter registry and when I went in to vote they would stamp his name. Very seldom would they get it right.

After he died, when I went in and voted they stamped his name as voted and my name was left blank as if I never voted. And I pointed it out but they refused to fix it. Go figure.

Now, splain that.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

When exactly do you think this allegedly happened? You act like we’re talking about back in the fifties. Well, we’re not.

I got married in 1975, I was 19 yrs old and I think I know what our culture was at the time and it wasn’t OK for 32 yr old men to be hitting on 14 yr old girls.

My father would have killed his ass over that sh#t if he did it to my sister at pretty much the same time period we’re talking about here.

Furthermore, I’d just bet if it was your 14 yr old daughter, you’d feel a little bit different about it.
lol, were you a virgin?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

I got married in 1975, I was 19 yrs old and I think I know what our culture was at the time and it wasn’t OK for 32 yr old men to be hitting on 14 yr old girls.

My father would have killed his ass over that sh#t if he did it to my sister at pretty much the same time period we’re talking about here.

Furthermore, I’d just bet if it was your 14 yr old daughter, you’d feel a little bit different about it.
lol, were you a virgin?

Nope, wasn’t 14 either.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Explain that? I would say they need to get some better people working there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join