It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Abuse of Power For Personal Payback Over Bad Haircut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is just a blatant abuse of police powers.

Poor bastard gets a bad hair cut, so just because he is in the police force he has the hairdresser arrest.

Anyone else would just cop it and argue for money back. This bastard abuses his powers for personal payback.

A snipped ear. Oh dear. When you go to get hair cut off you can get a scratch or cut. BOOHOO.

This is a blatant abuse of powers.

(sorry link is cutting off last couple of letters from link. May have to manual add to load source page.)

www.news.com.au... e62

A BAD haircut and a snipped ear has seen a hairstylist facing charges, authorities in the United States have said.

A report filed by the City of Madison Police Department in Wisconsin, said they arrested a 46-year-old hairstylist because he allegedly snipped a 22-year-old customer’s ear.

Police spokesman Joel Despain said the male customer told officers the hairstylist told him to stop fidgeting and moving his head before allegedly nicking his ear on Friday.
“He wanted a fresh coiffure for Christmas, but ended up with his head shaved and his ear bloodied,” Mr Despain, a public information officer for Madison Police Department, wrote in the report.

“While it is not a crime to give someone a bad haircut, you will get arrested for intentionally snipping their ear with a scissors.”

Mr Despain said the customer requested the sides of his head be sculpted with a number two clipper, and that scissors be used to take an inch off the top.

“He knew his new hairdo was not going well when the stylist began twisting his ear while accusing him of fidgeting and moving his head, neither of which he believed he was doing,” the report said.

“The victim says things really went south when the stylist “snipped” his ear with ... scissors, and then placed a ‘zero’ attachment on the clippers.

“He was starting to bleed when the ‘zero’ was used to cut a close path down the middle of his head, leaving him looking a bit like Larry from the ‘Three Stooges’.”

Mr Despain said at that point the customer had enough and got up to leave. As he departed, he claimed the stylist kept shouting: “You want a zero right?”

To even things out, the customer had his head shaved elsewhere and then reported the incident to police.

The hairstylist, 46, was arrested on suspicion of mayhem and disorderly conduct while armed. He told police the situation was an accident.

edit on 28-12-2017 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux

You link isn't working and it seems to me from reading what you posted that the customer was just a private citizen and not a police officer.

And if some asshat intentionally cut my ear I think him getting arrested would be the least of his concerns.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It sounds like the hair stylist did it on purpose?
If so they deserve to be charged.
OP, it sounds like you have a problem with police.
edit on 28/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

where did you get that the costumer was a police officer? I can't open your link, but from what you copy and pasted he reported the issue, because he thought the barber cut him on purpose...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Um, how often do you get your ears "snipped" when getting a hair cut? The stylist intentionally gave the dude a racing stripe down the middle of his head too. I don't see anything that indicates that the customer was a cop either, you should change your title and description.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

nvm
edit on 28-12-2017 by intrptr because: redacted

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
As someone who has shaved his head and sometimes face and shoulders (etc) for 20 plus years with numerous sets of clippers, never have i heard of using an attachment for a "zero" cut.

Its just the bare clipper head.

Maybe its different in the US but it sure sounds an inaccurate account from my experience.

Eta.. i'm thinking the customer was possibly shocked by how short a number 2 cut is

edit on 28-12-2017 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Dude, get a grip on your apparent hatred for police.

It sounds like the "stylist" deserves everything he gets if this was done intentionally.

As for your link, doing it this way works much better.

Public Service Announcement for everyone else: If you see any portion of the website after the ellipsis for the website link, you have to copy and past that on to the end of the URL when the page opens. Apparently, ATS has a character limit and handles it this way, which is quite annoying at times.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

No, it's not a 'number two,' unless you're referring to the way that the barber followed instructions. I understand what you're saying about being no attachment for a "zero," so maybe this was a one at most, or maybe the barber removed the attachment before clipping the hair.

This is apparently the results of the clipping:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If it were in Texas, i'd also report them to the licensing authority of cosmetology.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
OP you have some seriously backward priorities.

The stylist, if you can call him that, was negligent at best and committed assault at worst.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Rofl. Yar. That's looking like a zero alright!

top topics

join