It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it comes to spying, Beijing likes to flood the zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
"Sunday, Feb. 13, 2005
Ning Wen and his wife were arrested last fall at their home office in Manitowoc, Wis., for allegedly sending their native China $500,000 worth of computer parts that could enhance missile systems. As these naturalized citizens await trial, similar episodes in Mount Pleasant, N.J., and Palo Alto, Calif., point only to the tip of the iceberg, according to FBI officials keeping tabs on more than 3,000 companies in the U.S. suspected of collecting information for China. A hotbed of activity is Silicon Valley, where the number of Chinese espionage cases handled by the bureau increases 20% to 30% annually. Says a senior FBI official: "China is trying to develop a military that can compete with the U.S., and they are willing to steal to get [it]."

www.time.com...

The unseen future enemy is everywhere. Could China be next after Iran?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
China,the next Iran?

I think in terms of military between Iran and China,China is much more capable and stronger.Furthermore,they have a large number of soldiers compared to Iran.The People's Liberation Army of China not only has strength in numbers but they too have a large reserve-militia Force numbering more than 1.5million personnel in case of shortage of military personnel during wartime.

Source:
www.fas.org...

China with the capability of the U.S military would be a deadly force to deal with.However,I don't think U.S will ever invade China because they're on the same side and two world economist countries fighting over each other's throat would severely disrupt the world's economy.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Not only would it be an economic screwup as Heartagram pointed out, but it would be an outright bloodbath that quite frankly I don't think the US could handle given the strain on its fighting forces. We might have a stable foot in Iraq and Afghanistan right now but thats because were fighting irregular forces and not a proper standing army. Trying to take on the worlds largest while still keeping peace(see also: control) in Iraq and Afghanistan would be a neigh-on-impossible feat I think.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Could China be next after Iran?

I have no doubt that the USA and China will go to war
one day. However, I don't think we need to go to China
because China will come to us. All those people ... they
want our wheat fields in the midwest so they can feed
their billion+ people. They have more conventional war
resources than we do, and their mountains help them in
the case of a nuclear war.

China v USA? Not a good outcome. Not at all. Not only
for the two countries ... but the whole world.

new topics

top topics

join