It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman hit with $248 billion electric bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm betting a person could make a pretty solid bet on the fact the entire STATE doesn't use $284 "billion" in power over an entire year!! Maybe even 10 years...or 100.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
$284 is still pretty ridiculous.

Even in the summer with my ac blasting 24/7 my bill is never more than about $100

Not really, don't be misleading. For proper comparison, you should have at least stated the age of your abode, house age matters. As does climate. I live in MI and have 2 sub-zero morning lows already this winter. It ain't going to get any warmer or cheaper for a WHILE.

Older houses that are leakier or less insulated cost more to heat/cool. In FL, where the seasons are just Hot and Holy F#, I'd expect a bill that high at least a couple months out of the year, and I did pay around $250, give or take. The building was older, built in the 70's, and had good insulation, but it was still damn hot. Those quarterly bills our Aussie members were so kind to share? Normal where I was in FL.

Here in MI, my summer bills push $50 at best because we have no A/C (July/August sucks for me) But winter electric is around $250 even with gas heat. The gas heat doesn't thoroughly heat the house aside from downstairs, therefore we rely on space heaters upstairs (poorly insulated old house with leaks we're STILL chasing down 3 years later) Total winter heating between electric and gas combined is about $350 for me. Might push $450 in January.

Seriously, it's not that we're doing anything wrong, it's just an 80 year old, leaky house with big windows and poor insulation. We're the only house on the block with a clear roof after snow -- guess where we lose our heat through consistently? There's a lot of cost-effective upgrades we'd be doing if we ever bought the place, but it's pretty limited to heat/UV reflective tint on the windows, thermal curtains in the winter, patching cracks, making sure reachable duct leaks get sealed, and upgrading/installing weather stripping when you rent.
edit on 12/28/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i read this article yesterday but i turned away cause the lady seems like she is pretty dumb. thats how i took it.

she said she got the bill and freaked out and realized she just had christmas lights put up and she thought it was done wrong.

yeah lady... sure
you strung your # wrong and thats the actual bill.

obviously it was an error and obviously it will be rectified

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Somebody stole her electricity to mine bitcoin and grow MJ.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
lol typo my ass someone trololol

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Bluntone22

What sort of a busted-assed system is this service provider running such that no one or nothing flagged an invoice to the amount of many countries deficits?

You'd think the CFO would be alerted to such a financial transaction?

We're screwed once humans are 100% replaced in the workforce and we are left trying to convince the #in robots that I don't actually owe $284 Godzillion dollars!!

They only get alerted when it's an outgoing financial transaction. Would have been a load of laughs if they had transferred 250 billion pounds into her bank account.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join