It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have not had a Apple product since 3GS. Need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
So I got a IPad 5th gen from my father and I want it to connect to my windows 10 desktop. To put in perspective I want this thing to act like my windows phone as in control it when I am not near it. I have been home trying to get used to this but still find myself getting my phone to control my desktop files. If anyone could help that would be awesome. BTW I did all this from my IPad so I am getting there with the help of the keyboard that I got also. Which has a four year life span with zero charging..... WE shall see Logitech

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So you want to control your desktop from your ipad?

As in use remote desktop?

If this is the case. The appstore has an app called "Microsoft Remote Desktop".

With that app it will be like you're in front of the computer.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Could you describe your use case a little better.

What specifically do you want to be able to control from your new ipad?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
sell it and buy a windows tablet. Or two, apple sells overpriced junk.

apple RDP doesn't work well.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I use Team Viewer.

It's free for non-commercial use.

I have fixed many of old peoples computers with this program.

It does drag and drop file transfers as well.

Just dwnld to each device and share user id and password, you can set pc up for later remote access after session is over as well.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
So I got a IPad 5th gen from my father and I want it to connect to my windows 10 desktop. To put in perspective I want this thing to act like my windows phone as in control it when I am not near it. I have been home trying to get used to this but still find myself getting my phone to control my desktop files. If anyone could help that would be awesome. BTW I did all this from my IPad so I am getting there with the help of the keyboard that I got also. Which has a four year life span with zero charging..... WE shall see Logitech

Well, apple has admitted that they send out updates to their old products, that will slow them down - only to save the aging batteries offcourse...
The advice about selling it, and getting some NONE apple product, are properly the best advice you can get..

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I thought about selling it and getting a cheaper tablet that would perform the same and getting some other goodies but I don’t want my dad to feel bad. And to answer a few other questions I want to have full control of my desktop. Like view and file control. And the keyboard is Logitech slim folio.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So I'm sure at this point you have itunes and icloud for windows installed?
That would be the first step if you wish to integrate your windows desktop.

And Logitech is the bees knees. I've had a MX performance mouse since 2011, best mouse I've ever owned, battery still going strong, used it everyday for the past 7 years.

Perhaps consider using teamviewer or check if there is an RDP app in the app store? For view and file control. But to access remotely with RDP you'll need a VPN when not at home. Teamviewer would be better for full control of the desktop when you're not at home.
edit on 29-12-2017 by GreenGunther because: More info

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: lordcomac

I thought about selling it and getting a cheaper tablet that would perform the same and getting some other goodies but I don’t want my dad to feel bad. And to answer a few other questions I want to have full control of my desktop. Like view and file control. And the keyboard is Logitech slim folio.

Then, yeah, use Teamviewer. You'll be looking at controlling your PC from your ipad.

new topics

top topics

join