It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Origin of New AIDS Strain Widens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
New York Times
AIDS viruses isolated from two people are being studied to determine whether either might be the source of a rare and potentially more aggressive form of H.I.V. detected in a New York City man, an AIDS scientist involved in the studies said yesterday.

Many more tests need to be conducted to determine if the strains from the three people are the same, said the scientist, Dr. David Ho. He directs the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center in Manhattan, which is conducting some of the studies in collaboration with the New York City health department. While some findings may be available in a week, others will take longer, Dr. Ho said in an interview.

Even if the strains prove to be the same, that would not necessarily mean that a supervirus is on the loose, since there could be genetic factors in the first man that would make his infection progress faster.

"What we can't prove is that this is a supervirus" and that it caused the rapid progression from infection to AIDS in the New York City man, Dr. Ho said.

Laboratory tests in Dr. Ho's laboratory and elsewhere have shown that the strain from the man whose case started the investigation is resistant to 19 of the 20 licensed anti-retroviral drugs. AIDS experts said that the strain might have led to the rapid onset of AIDS in the man or that his immune defenses might have been weakened by drug use or genetics.

Molecular tests of the man's H.I.V. show it has changes that appear to differ significantly from the typical strains being circulated in New York City, and precisely what those changes mean remains to be determined, Dr. Ho said.

www.gadsdentimes.com.../20050214/ZNYT04/502140348/1011

It is becoming obvious that HIV and AIDS is a "judgment" from GOD for the homosexual lifestyle. HIV is ever "changing" to bring pain and suffering to these people.

Quote.....

"Michael Bloomberg, the mayor, quoted in yesterday's New York Times, said: "It is just a sin in our society when we know how it is transmitted from one person to another and we should be able to conduct themselves such that they don't catch it themselves, and certainly that they do not infect anybody else."

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 14-2-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I gotta disagree with you there Doc. I too believe that AIDS s a judgement of God, just not on the gays, on all of us.
It is a judgement on those who view sex as an "enjoyable pastime", on those who commit adultry, on those who connit fornication. The simple fact is if you wait untill marriage to have sex, go to your wedding bed a virgin with a spouse who does the same, and neither of you break gods law by comitting adultry, you will not and can not catch aids.
However the more promiscous you are, and the more men or women of low disposition you sleep with the greater your chances of bringing Gods judgement upon you.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
I gotta disagree with you there Doc. I too believe that AIDS s a judgement of God, just not on the gays, on all of us.
It is a judgement on those who view sex as an "enjoyable pastime", on those who commit adultry, on those who connit fornication. The simple fact is if you wait untill marriage to have sex, go to your wedding bed a virgin with a spouse who does the same, and neither of you break gods law by comitting adultry, you will not and can not catch aids.
However the more promiscous you are, and the more men or women of low disposition you sleep with the greater your chances of bringing Gods judgement upon you.

I got my flame ressistant suite on today, so bring it on.
I completely agree here. Wish I had a way above left.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
The simple fact is if you wait untill marriage to have sex, go to your wedding bed a virgin with a spouse who does the same, and neither of you break gods law by comitting adultry, you will not and can not catch aids.

Unless you're a hemophiliac or your mother was infected and passed it to you in-utero or while you were breast feeding, or you're a nurse and you accidentally stick yourself with a needle that's been contaminated.

Yeah, but I'm sure that God has other reasons to hate those people, right?

Christ, you people make me sick.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

drhoracid
It is becoming obvious that HIV and AIDS is a "judgment" from GOD for the homosexual lifestyle. HIV is ever "changing" to bring pain and suffering to these people.

Wha? All viruses are ever chaning, all living organisms are going thru evolution, so why does it make this new restant strain 'divine'? Is there a divine strep out there for the sinners too?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Can anyone spell Eugenics?

Ever heard of the 1926 US Supreme Court ruling in favor of Eugenics policies and programs?

Guess who cribbed the text?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm somewhat surprised by everyones shock over this new "strain" of HIV/AIDS. Sounds just like the HIV-O strain thats been in Saharan Africa for quite a while (mentioned a few mos ago in the Is AIDS Harmless? thread). It hadn't hit this country before, but this kind of rapid onset AIDS virus has been known in countries such as Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Chad, etc. Anyone who has given blood in the USA has had the "Have you ever lived in or travelled to any African country?" and "In the last 12 months, have you had sex, even once, with anyone who has lived in or travelled to any African country?" If you've spent significant time in one of the rapid AIDS countries, you can't donate blood because of this exact rapid onset virus.

No one ever makes mention of the fact that rapid onset AIDS is not a new development in the world of AIDS. New to the US? Sure, but lets not keep pretending it's a new virus.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
I'm somewhat surprised by everyones shock over this new "strain" of HIV/AIDS. ...If you've spent significant time in one of the rapid AIDS countries, you can't donate blood because of this exact rapid onset virus.

No one ever makes mention of the fact that rapid onset AIDS is not a new development in the world of AIDS. New to the US? Sure, but lets not keep pretending it's a new virus.

IMO - the US has absolutely no way of knowing what's happening in the nation's microbial world. People can't afford medical care - funding is cut to most monitoring programs, including enviromental - and US scientists are silenced outright when they DO notice something amiss.

...More censorship, propaganda and blinders. That's all.

top topics

join