It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self May Be The Most Important Thing We Have.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Wow and school test results are really all just happening by chance? How do you read and understand that if you don't think about it? I am not only witnessing I constantly make decisions, even on a verbal level.
Write it down, act it out, sleep on it, I can decide to carry it around for a while, to think some more about it, that's not just happening that's following a plan, a strategy which was thought through or not, there maybe it starts to get foggy how free my will really is. But never the less actively thinking is a thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I do exist. Just because Watts has some points in some things doesn't mean everything he has thought about is right.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Wow and school test results are really all just happening by chance? How do you read and understand that if you don't think about it? I am not only witnessing I constantly make decisions, even on a verbal level.
Write it down, act it out, sleep on it, I can decide to carry it around for a while, to think some more about it, that's not just happening that's following a plan, a strategy which was thought through or not, there maybe it starts to get foggy how free my will really is. But never the less actively thinking is a thing.

All of that just appears - but there is nothing separate doing it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Sure there is. I am seperate from you and I am doing it.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You are the ever present screen which unconditionally allows all that appears to appear - all that appears is passing - yet you, the space of awareness, never comes or goes.

edit on 5-1-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

If the 'Self" is ultimately important.... then Do Not sign up for one of those DNA tests which purport to tell you of your genetic & ethnic make-up...

because in the fine print of the contract to have them do the DNA test at $99. you agree to give up any claim you have on your genome or 'Self' expressed in your chromosomes & genes of your individual DNA
ETA: ~so you give up your right to 'copyright' any unique hidden trait or immunity you have in your biological body immune system~

edit on th31151517236205122018 by St Udio because: ETA

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Birth and death. I come and go.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Birth and death. I come and go.

Can you remember the beginning?

The appearance that you believe is you (the body) disappears in your experience in deep sleep - so yes the appearance ends.
But the aware space, the back ground, the screen is still present.

Right now deep sleep is still here (it is what you are) behind what is appearing on it. Beneath the sound and fury there is stillness.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Our perception seems to differ a lot. If that's your reality, fine. I like mine with more differentiation.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Our perception seems to differ a lot. If that's your reality, fine. I like mine with more differentiation.

What is appearing is simply appearing and what appears is constantly appearing different.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

The devil in the fine print . . . .

. . . . . and they own your first born.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If one wants to lower one's boundary of self and become "one", that won't help anyone meet new "friends".

Reason being is they are not silly enough to lower their boundaries to just any other consciousness. There is something called predation.

I'm not saying your wrong in anyway. Just be careful.

edit on 6-1-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: clarity

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join