It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don’t Jews Believe Jesus was a Messiah?? Dr. Brown vs. Rabbi Frietag

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Actually we did but not completely, it was about faith and the Jews accepting or denying Jesus, arguably that was never a black and white subject because some Jews always have and of course Christianity itself - the Way was originally a Jewish sect.

And not all Jews hate him, they hate what was done to there people in his name by people whom were NOT really christian's at all but they often wonder at the Rabbi Jesus and his teaching's without accepting him as there messiah seeing our interpretation as at odd's with there own but of course there are also the Modern Messianic Jews whom can be seen as a rebirth of the original church of Jesus among the Jewish people.

Many Jews are just like many of you and indeed many of you are the very Jews I am talking about here, secularists, atheists and agnostic's, oh there are also Jewish Hindu's, Jewish Buddhists and Jewish Muslim's etc and there will always be people whom leave any given faith for another, arguably they are no longer Jews but hey Genetic's, parent's, sibling's and place of birth argue that they are - just very naughty as far as the traditionalists believe.

In other word's the are people no different to you and me and indeed I have Jewish ancestry, on my mother's mothers side in a straight female line but were that came from other than Spain and a link to Russia we have little information since my nan hid it from my mother and had her children baptized Catholic (Except my mom) and on my mother's fathers side from Germany, they lived right next to the synagogue in Whitefield near Manchester but were Anglican by faith (my mother's father ran off with her when she was about to be baptized by my Nan and had her baptized at the Church of St Luke's in liverpool and anglican church and his relatives Lord and Lady Tattersall - of Tattershall bloodstock fame - Tattershall's million's - were her god parent's, later my mother had twin's and one of them disappeared with the hospital denying that she had twin's but years later a police officer told my mother that Rex Makin (real name Elkin Makin an infamous get out of jail solicitor famously corrupt but he had the dirt on the police and knew all there dirty secrets so they did not dare to stand up to him) had taken the other twin and illegally adopted her, probably to get his hand's on the Tattersall money which which had been left to my mother in trust, long story and not on thread but you get my meaning.

Some of us, indeed a hell of a lot of us have Jewish ancestry but Believe in Jesus or Yeshua if you prefer.

edit on 8-1-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

His apostleship was unrecognized by others. Of the 22 times in the Bible where Paul is referred to as an "apostle", only twice is he referred to as an apostle by someone other than himself! These two instances came from the same person. Not from Yeshua, or any of the original apostles, but from Paul's close traveling companion and personal press secretary Luke. Both accounts are found in Luke's record of the Acts of the Apostles, (chapter 14:4,14). Here Paul is referred to as an apostle along with Barnabas. By this time in the story, Luke would have been very accustomed to Paul calling himself an apostle, and he would no doubt have been in agreement with Paul's assessment of himself. By these statistics alone, it is evident that Paul is by far his own biggest fan... and his side kick Luke was his number two fan. This leaves no one else anywhere in the Bible going on record recognizing his apostleship! Text

Of course it would be natural for our recovered letters of the other Apostles to rarely speak of Paul. It was a good five years after the death of Jesus that Paul became converted. So naturally you are not going to find much said about Paul by the others in the letters before the death of Jesus. You would have to note the sequence of authorship to realize that the other seven letters accredited to Paul, of which he did not author, are loaded with various authors that do speak of Paul.

Nevertheless, Your stats are very misleading. Firstly in the KJV bible the word apostle appears 19 times within 12 letters of the NT. Within those 12 letters of the NT there are only 5 letters that Paul wrote of which in each letter that he did write He introduces himself, at the start of all five letters, as being an apostle of Jesus. That left only three times in his letters that he explained his authority as an apostle. Not once was he bragging his authority nor has Paul ever stepped across that line of being nothing but a missionary to the Gentiles. Not once had he ever usurped any authority in a physical church of any sort. His entire mission was to the heathen gentiles. To say otherwise by anyone is a deliberate lie of hatred.

If you cannot accept Acts 9:15 as Saul/Paul being ordained by Jesus then you have a much greater problem in understanding the NT literature than you may realize.

The only letters in the NT attributed to any of the other twelve as being an apostle is found in 1st and 2nd Peter with Peter being an apostle. No other disciple is named apostle in the NT literature except Peter. Now by your own spin on this, that would mean that all of the other eleven disciples were not apostles because the NT does not confirm it as being so. By your reasoning we then have only one apostle named Peter. Wowee ----

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Not sure what you're asking...

Given the choice between reading a book and meeting the author in person, which would you rather have?

“Jesus said, ‘I am the truth.’ Truth is not a teaching. Truth is a person, and if you have that person, you have the Truth." Jan Sjoerd Pasterkamp

When my experience happened, I was shown that God was the author, and that made all the difference for me, mine wasn't an isolated incident either, I have read about numerous experiences similar to mine:

For years I struggled believing that the Bible could be trusted. In fact, I was CONVINCED it couldn't be trusted! But then something very supernatural happened... Source

Once you experience an encounter such as this, everything changes and I have had several now.

If God DIDN'T want you to know him, things like this wouldn't be happening to people on a daily basis.

God DOES want us to know him, He proved this to me personally.

The question you need to ask yourself is do YOU want to know Him.

This is the truth that Religion is hiding from us.

Religion will NEVER tell you the TRUTH...

Religion is one massive LIE that was created as a mind control weapon designed to cover up the truth about God.

The hidden agenda behind FALSE Religion is to destroy spirituality and cause people to hate God.

The Bible tells us that if we DILIGENTLY seek God, that He will reveal Himself to us. So have at it! Just say "God if you are real, SHOW ME!" Say it out loud, and be patient and DILIGENT - Do it each day diligently and persistently until He shows up. It won't be God the Father, but it will be either Jesus or an angel who will appear to you or you will hear His voice - either in your spirit or audible. He will do it in His timing, not yours, so be persistent and diligent and patient!

A guy at my school was at a convention and he went up to a girl and gave her $20, she started bursting crying.. And she said that when she woke up that she asked God "If your real someone will give me $20 today" So God can show himself in many ways. YouTube Comment

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
Jesus is a fictional character like mickey mouse.

I used to believe those lies as well...

It became a little difficult to continue believing though after He showed up personally.

If there were only one thing in life you don't want to be wrong about, that would be it.

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people."
LINK

“Contemporary New Testament scholars have typically viewed their [i.e. Jesus-mythers] arguments as so weak or bizarre that they relegate them to footnotes, or often ignore them completely....The theory of Jesus' nonexistence is now effectively dead as a scholarly question....Biblical scholars and classical historians now regard it as effectively refuted.” (Robert Van Voorst, Jesus Outside the New Testament, 6, 14, 16)

“There is simply nothing intrinsically improbable about a historical Jesus; the New Testament alone (or at least portions of it) are reliable enough to provide evidence of a historical Jesus. On this point, it is important to note that even G.A. Wells, who until recently was the champion of the christ-myth hypothesis, now accepts the historicity of Jesus on the basis of 'Q'.” (Jeffery Jay Lowder of Internet Infidels)

edit on 1.9.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Oh, and dead people do not come back to life.

Your completely right, because dead people don't die, all they do is to change existence. Death, Ressurection, rebirth it's an ongoing cycle for all f us.You can't die in this creationThe Maypole a song from the film wickerman may explain what I mean a bit bitter

www.youtube.com...

In the woods there grew a tree
A fine, fine tree was he

On that tree there was a limb
And on that limb there was a branch
On that branch there was a nest
And in that nest there was an egg
In that egg there was a bird
And from that bird a feather came
Of that feather was a bed

On that bed there was a girl
And on that girl there was a man
From that man there was a seed
And from that seed there was a boy
From that boy there was a man
And for that man there was a grave
From that grave there grew a tree

In Sumerisle, Sumerisle, Sumerisle, Sumerisle, Sumerisle

On that tree there was a limb
And on that limb there was a branch
On that branch there was a nest
And in that nest there was an egg
In that egg there was a bird
And from that bird a feather came
Of that feather was a bed

In Sumerisle, Sumerisle, Sumerisle, Sumerisle, Sumerisle

On that bed there was a girl (Sumerisle, Sumerisle)
And on that girl there was a man (Sumerisle, Sumerisle)
From that man there was a seed (Sumerisle, Sumerisle)
And from that seed there was a boy (Sumerisle, Sumerisle)
From that boy there was a man (Sumerisle, Sumerisle)
And for that man there was a grave
From that grave there grew a tree

edit on 9-1-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

What?!?!

Where has there been ANY reason to believe in reincarnation or resurrection???

Anecdotal accounts that can convienently never be verified????

Don’t you think it is strange that even with THOUSANDS of years with basically every single human in history atleast spending some of their lives hunting down proof of the supernatural.

Isn’t it strange that they don’t have one stitch of tangible evidence to show for it???

No spell, prayer or summoning that works consistently..

Nothing..

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It takes 2 to make a baby..

A mommy AND a daddy...

Isn’t the Christian narrative that god impregnated mary??

So hypothetically, god impregnated Mary , with himself.. as his own son. Then sacrificed himself. To appease himself to excuse us of our sins , from himself...

Did you really think that was a legit response lol?!?!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

What does that have anything to do with the concept that god conceived himself , as himself and also his own son (I still don’t know how that works...wouldn’t god just be god.. not his own son?!?! ) then ALLOWS himself to be crusified so he can get himself to forgive those crucifying himself..

Like I said..

BvS has nothing on that convoluted plot.. lol

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Like I said..

That is a plot more convoluted than Batman vs Superman ever thought about being..

And kinda highlights the Jews POV....

If god had that convoluted of a plan. Then why not just say it??

Why hide it piecemeal broken up across the entire Torah?!?!

Why not just first person unambiguously say it???

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
[
edit on 10-1-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join