It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44 percent of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Phage

But correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the ACA require that employer health plans meet the same minimum standards as individual plans, and other stuff? Seems that more than 3.2% of the people have some skin in the game.

Were they worst before. Mine actually got worst after ACA

I lost mine after ACA. And here I thought dems wanted to protect minorities.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

One-third of American adults believe that President Trump has successfully repealed Obamacare, a new poll from the Economist and YouGov finds.

The poll of 1,000 adults shows that 31 percent believe Trump has repealed the Affordable Care Act, 49 percent say he hasn’t, and 21 percent are unsure.

Of those who identify as Republican voters, 44 percent say that Trump has repealed Obamacare.
www.vox.com...

No wonder I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall when I'm talking to Republicans these days. You have to be as dumb as a brick to believe that Trump repealed Obamacare.

Do you think the individual mandate is all there is to Obamacare? If you're that ignorant, you shouldn't even be talking about politics much less voting.

Now I see why Trump keeps telling blatant lies that are easily proven false. If nearly half of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare, they could literally believe anything.

If you don't find this frightening, there's something wrong with you. A democracy cannot stand on this kind of ignorance and stupidity.

You can't win an argument with an idiot.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Thank you for proving the jest of this thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yommm
It is impossible to repeal all of ACA which is more than 1000 pages of legislation. However the individual mandate is the heart of ACA and it is what ACA is referred to in daily conversations.

Actually the heart of the ACA is coverage for essential health benefits, pre-existing conditions without being rated, and help paying for it since it has gotten so expensive. It is pretty obvious single payer is next and everyone will have to participate through payroll deduction, monthly payments, etc. It will also be much more expensive than the tax penalties that are being eliminated. In the end, those against Obamacare lose with higher government costs. I was always against the mandate personally, but if looked at properly and especially against what is coming, the tax was actually a cheap insurance policy in itself.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
well tax bill got rid of individual mandate which didn't repeal it but did hamstring it

It should be pointed out that the "individual mandate" was the Republican contribution to the original Obamacare.

It was the Republicans who insisted that this was required to make the Obama Health Care workable.

That was the "compromise" that got Obama Health Care Act passed.

So, now the Republicans are removing that which they put in to the act in the first place.

Not a single Republican ever voted for ACA. It was passed only with Democrat votes.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: antiantonym

44 percent of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare

44% of Republican Trump voters would think the moon is made of cheese if Trump said it is, because Trump probably believes it (He's not lying!), and no one can actually 'prove' it isn't, having never been there themselves.

That's where we are.

MAGA-cheese with your covfefe.

"The cheese is old and moldy. Where is the covfefe?"

Combining Encino Man with Covfefe?
Love it.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: antiantonym

No wonder I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall when I'm talking to Republicans these days. You have to be as dumb as a brick to believe that Trump repealed Obamacare.

And what? 99% of Democrats think he did too? How many on the right actually use it anyways? lol

Out of 300 million people in the USA, Only 9.8 million of them buy ObamaCare. (3.2%) Obviously, most survey respondents have no "skin in the game" anyways.

But correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the ACA require that employer health plans meet the same minimum standards as individual plans, and other stuff? Seems that more than 3.2% of the people have some skin in the game.

ObamaCare forced individual plans to upscale to what the most popular large group/employer plan was like, benefit wise. Blue Cross Employer plans were used as the model. Everything was included but Dental.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I lost mine after ACA. And here I thought dems wanted to protect minorities.

I didn't lose mine but my employer paying 100% out of pocket though blue cross and so my co-pays doubled over night and I was removed from tri care prime for my family so I went from 600 per year to 400 per month for them.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

ObamaCare forced individual plans to upscale to what the most popular large group/employer plan was like, benefit wise. Blue Cross Employer plans were used as the model. Everything was included but Dental.

A part of that upscale is it eliminated lower scale choice so for many who wanted to go that path they found that they paid a lot more for something they really didn't want.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I want to plat to.

Did you know that 44percent of large US corporations read their employees' outgoing mail?
Did you know that 44 percent of Americans saying they know someone who had been shot by a gun?
Did you know that 44 percent of Puerto Rico's 3.5 million residents are still without clean drinking water?
Did you know that 44 percent of respondents could not come up with $400 in a pinch without borrowing or selling something?

I personally think there is a lot of things we should be worried about instead of politics.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

President Trump was the Reason that the Obamacare Mandate was Removed . Without it , Obamacare will Cease to Exist without New Signups within the Next Year .

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Without it , Obamacare will Cease to Exist without New Signups within the Next Year .

There will be no enrollments within the next year.
Open enrollment has closed. Until next year.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Without it , Obamacare will Cease to Exist without New Signups within the Next Year .

Which will be open less than 12 months from now.
I used to respect you.
Now I see you for what you are.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Which will be open less than 12 months from now.
I used to respect you.
Now I see you for what you are.

What took so long? That poster( or those posters...
) has always been a snarky, condescending OS pusher.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

So whats your point dude,all your liberal buddys believe he did,doesn't this make you wish you thought this out

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

100% of Hillary supporters think she did nothing wrong. Not sure which is dumber.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

SMFH

DEMOCRATS and their polls!!!!

You guys will NEVER LEARN!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

27% of democrats polled also believe that.

One thing that's funny to me is this breakdown of (D) percentiles.

27% - Yes
60% - No
14% - Not Sure
-----------------
= 101% of 100% of the votes tallied!

Ya gotta love the Democrats and their math!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join