It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44 percent of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

no funding to fund ACA effectively does kill it

It is funded. In part by those who buy policies as well as by spending cuts and taxes other than the individual mandate penalty. That penalty was supposed to provide only about $43 billion out of $1.25 trillion by 2025.
time.com...

However, removing the mandate will indeed cause everyone's premiums to increase, which means spending (for subsidies) will also go up.

edit on 12/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Isn't it interesting watching the desperation level slowly increase in the left-and vested- supporters as this slowly turns things around.

No logical talking points left. No platform, no mandate, no leadership, not even collusion with Russia left.

We're down to obscure polls to voice their frustrations...

It's fantastic to observe.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: antiantonym

44% of Republican Trump voters would think the moon is made of cheese if Trump said it is, because Trump probably believes it (He's not lying!), and no one can actually 'prove' it isn't, having never been there themselves.

That's where we are.

MAGA-cheese with your covfefe.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yes, it has become a parody of itself.

It's sadly comical.

This includes the right attempting to rationale their own BS at all costs.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Liquesence

44% of Republican Trump voters would think the moon is made of cheese if Trump said it is, because Trump probably believes it (He's not lying!), and no one can actually 'prove' it isn't, having never been there themselves.

That's where we are.

MAGA-cheese with your covfefe.

"The cheese is old and moldy. Where is the covfefe?"

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: yuppa

no funding to fund ACA effectively does kill it

It is funded. In part by those who buy policies as well as by spending cuts and taxes other than the individual mandate penalty. That penalty was supposed to provide only about $43 billion out of $1.25 trillion by 2025.
time.com...

However, removing the mandate will indeed cause everyone's premiums to increase, which means spending (for subsidies) will also go up.

Actually, with no mandate to purchase, the higher premiums will never bear fruit. As the HHS Secretary has been EO'd to accept any and all applications for insurance plans, much cheaper and outside the ACA parameters insurance packages are on the way...so nice try, but no cigar.
edit on 27-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Other than the reduction in my money going to government, the elimination of the mandate is really a great thing.

I know the big-government, pro-government people are upset.

It probably doesn't help that I am laughing at you all, but I really do find it amusing.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No country in the world mandates people buy health insurance. So I'm glad it's gone.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
With the mandate gone there is really nothing left to the Heatlh portion of the ACA.

It never guaranteed anything. Not even treatment. It said you could get 'coverage' but that does not mean treatment. The Marketplace is nothing but that. I place to buy the same thing you could from an independent seller.

What needs to happen is the monopoly needs to end and prices would come down. Right now, not only are they raping us but each year since the ACA was enacted they had guaranteed bail out money. Each year.

Subsidies were used to show 'large enrollment' numbers but they were taxing Peter to help Paul. If you look deep the ACA really did not do anything except make it more expensive and controlled. A false sense of WE ALL HAVE HEALTHCARE.

All that was bundled in there that NO one talks about. It was not a healthcare package. It was a tax package and payoffs to his 08 donors. Just politics....

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I see costs going down.

With the mandate, insurance companies could set prices at whenever they wanted.

With the mandate gone, insurance companies will have to become competitive again.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I see costs going down.

With the mandate, insurance companies could set prices at whenever they wanted.

With the mandate gone, insurance companies will have to become competitive again.

That, and the mandate increased demand without increasing supply which bumped up price.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yommm

People didn't have a choice with the mandate, since the government forced us to purchase it.

Now?

If we don't like it, we don't buy it.

Either insurance companies offer competitive prices or they lose.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I wonder how come I wasn't asked.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
He did lodge a grenade in its chest and pulled the pin, though. Now it's just a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That doesn't say if they are republican or democrat. Oh, 41% of the 31%. You know that leaves 59% that are either democrat or independent.

31% of both are idiots, funny I thought it would be higher than that.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
well tax bill got rid of individual mandate which didn't repeal it but did hamstring it

It should be pointed out that the "individual mandate" was the Republican contribution to the original Obamacare.

It was the Republicans who insisted that this was required to make the Obama Health Care workable.

That was the "compromise" that got Obama Health Care Act passed.

So, now the Republicans are removing that which they put in to the act in the first place.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
well tax bill got rid of individual mandate which didn't repeal it but did hamstring it

It should be pointed out that the "individual mandate" was the Republican contribution to the original Obamacare.

It was the Republicans who insisted that this was required to make the Obama Health Care workable.

That was the "compromise" that got Obama Health Care Act passed.

So, now the Republicans are removing that which they put in to the act in the first place.

Get in power, use the backdoor to get the bad legislation changed.
Must be a first in politics. . .

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

27% of democrats polled also believe that.

One thing that's funny to me is this breakdown of (D) percentiles.

27% - Yes
60% - No
14% - Not Sure
-----------------
= 101% of 100% of the votes tallied!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hey, remember the polls before Tuesday, November 8th, 2016?

Oh and obligatory "keep your doctor".

Are you Antidiluvian's protogé?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the ACA require that employer health plans meet the same minimum standards as individual plans, and other stuff? Seems that more than 3.2% of the people have some skin in the game.

Were they worst before. Mine actually got worst after ACA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join