It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44 percent of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

One-third of American adults believe that President Trump has successfully repealed Obamacare, a new poll from the Economist and YouGov finds.

The poll of 1,000 adults shows that 31 percent believe Trump has repealed the Affordable Care Act, 49 percent say he hasn’t, and 21 percent are unsure.

Of those who identify as Republican voters, 44 percent say that Trump has repealed Obamacare.
www.vox.com...

No wonder I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall when I'm talking to Republicans these days. You have to be as dumb as a brick to believe that Trump repealed Obamacare.

Do you think the individual mandate is all there is to Obamacare? If you're that ignorant, you shouldn't even be talking about politics much less voting.

Now I see why Trump keeps telling blatant lies that are easily proven false. If nearly half of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare, they could literally believe anything.

If you don't find this frightening, there's something wrong with you. A democracy cannot stand on this kind of ignorance and stupidity.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

No wonder I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall when I'm talking to Republicans these days. You have to be as dumb as a brick to believe that Trump repealed Obamacare.

And what? 99% of Democrats think he did too? How many on the right actually use it anyways? lol

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Interesting.

I wonder what % believed if they liked their doctor they could keep them?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
well tax bill got rid of individual mandate which didn't repeal it but did hamstring it . so its more of a death by thousand cuts least that's what he is going for . admittly i would like for him to come up with a new plan but trumps gonna trump

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
44 percent of Democrat voters in the last election were deceased.

link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Well, 27% percent of the Democrats, the so called educated voters, believes the same. 27% - that ain't a sign of total information awareness either.

Pot meet slightly less black kettle.

link   
I got a poll for ya synonym.

I asked my neighbor which dog is the coolest.

He agreed mine is the best.

Point is, your poll is worthless, doesn't reach enough people, and fits your feels, not reality.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Define 'repeal.'

Trump repealed the individual mandate. That was admittedly not all of Obamacare, but it was (one of) the keystones that held everything together. The whole program was based on forcing people to buy insurance, ensuring the insurance companies had a captive clientele. It will now collapse beneath it's own weight. The insurance companies are not going to go along with the bad parts for them without the benefits to them in the plan.

So no, it is not officially repealed. Yes, it is effectively repealed because it is now collapsing as it should.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Announcements about what the gubment is gonna do nowadays are golden.

People didn't have time to keep up on all the twists and turns, as the 'story' developed. In the news they call every segment a 'story'.

I wonder how many people think the wall is being built or immigrants are being sent home, too?

'He's' gonna do this and that. Thats how you know its BS. The funding they pass like for military "Defense" you never hear about. When they talk and talk a subject to death in the media, have senate hearings and investigations, press interviews form 'both sides of the isle', thats when your BS alarm should go off.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
nobody asked me.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I saw a video of people signing a petition to ban hydrogen oxide.
They didn't have a clue.

Polls are irrelevant

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

One-third of American adults believe that President Trump has successfully repealed Obamacare, a new poll from the Economist and YouGov finds.

The poll of 1,000 adults shows that 31 percent believe Trump has repealed the Affordable Care Act, 49 percent say he hasn’t, and 21 percent are unsure.

Of those who identify as Republican voters, 44 percent say that Trump has repealed Obamacare.
www.vox.com...

Do you think the individual mandate is all there is to Obamacare? If you're that ignorant, you shouldn't even be talking about politics much less voting.

Now I see why Trump keeps telling blatant lies that are easily proven false. If nearly half of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare, they could literally believe anything.

If you don't find this frightening, there's something wrong with you. A democracy cannot stand on this kind of ignorance and stupidity.

It's the wording that's the issue. Many, especially on the left, have said that removing the individual mandate kills the ACA. Indirectly, it does. You know it and we know it. 'Life support' will be turned off in 2019.

That 'year' allows time for either an alternative financing means to be developed or an outright replacement for for ObamaCare, itself.

Nothing wrong with us. Just the hyperbole from the left's 'crutch', the MSM. That includes you, by the way.

If nothing changes, at all, the ACA is 'terminal' in .....369 days.....

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
he took away the funding does this crap ever end?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And what? 99% of Democrats think he did too? How many on the right actually use it anyways? lol

Out of 300 million people in the USA, Only 9.8 million of them buy ObamaCare. (3.2%) Obviously, most survey respondents have no "skin in the game" anyways.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It is impossible to repeal all of ACA which is more than 1000 pages of legislation. However the individual mandate is the heart of ACA and it is what ACA is referred to in daily conversations.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

44 percent of Republicans think Trump repealed Obamacare

44% of Republican Trump voters would think the moon is made of cheese if Trump said it is, because Trump probably believes it (He's not lying!), and no one can actually 'prove' it isn't, having never been there themselves.

That's where we are.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Out of 300 million people in the USA, Only 9.8 million of them buy ObamaCare. (3.2%) Obviously, most survey respondents have no "skin in the game" anyways.
Does that 9.8 million include dependents?

But correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the ACA require that employer health plans meet the same minimum standards as individual plans, and other stuff? Seems that more than 3.2% of the people have some skin in the game.

edit on 12/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thank you op your thread just proves how the deplorables have no clue what so ever about what is really going on, and the proof is in the reply’s.

Da democrats are so evil fox news told me so.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
44 percent of Democrat voters in the last election were deceased.

44% of Republican voters in the last election were legally brain dead.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OP....no funding to fund ACA effectively does kill it. even IRS enforcement dies with no funds.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join