It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chess master refuses to wear required saudi clothes, forfeits title

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Bottom line, SA should be banned from hosting any events like this

LINK

Other leading chess players have previously expressed objections to the hosting of the tournament in Saudi Arabia. “To organize a chess tournament in a country where basic human rights aren’t valued is horrible,” Hikaru Nakamaru, the US number three player, said in November. “Chess is a game where all different sorts of people can come together, not a game in which people are divided because of their religion or country of origin

They didn't make Ivanka walk around with a head covering.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guardian10
Islam isn't a Religion, it's a Cult. Or didn't you know that? Look it up.

To be very fair, it also shares a great number of submissive & modesty expectations with other non-Islamic Orthodox religions. Thus, does the label also fit these others?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Bottom line, SA should be banned from hosting any events like this

Until they finish sorting out their restrictive s#, most definitely. They are getting there, slowly (very slowly) but surely. Give the current royal honcho time, change does not come quickly in areas where something is very deeply entrenched (for example, despite education, many in S Africa still think raping virgins cures AIDS)

They didn't make Ivanka walk around with a head covering.

Oh, I'm positive Daddy & Daddy's connections had something to do with that. The ultra-rich tend to get away with a lot with the right payoff.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The problem is that this is an international competition where forfeiting because she does not want to "be in Rome," as you put it, costs her a very hard-earned rank. Chess is one of the few competitions where women truly can compete on equal footing with the men, but they are at a disadvantage because girls aren't as trained as boys usually.

And culturally in situations like this, women are also at a disadvantage.

Because of the cultural disadvantage, she either accepts being treated as a second class citizen or she forfeits and loses her rank because she doesn't compete, and Saudi Arabia more or less bought the ability to host this tournament and her chances of maintaining her ranking along with it.

It puts her in the position of compromising her hard earned rank or her personal principles. None of the men would be placed in a similar spot.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

To be very fair, it also shares a great number of submissive & modesty expectations with other non-Islamic Orthodox religions. Thus, does the label also fit these others?

I look at the world and the past, and the more i read and listen, the more i learn.

I honestly can't stand as a human being and agree with Islam as a peace loving religion. It's Not.
This is just another example of those who escaped it. People in the West don't understand it the way they do. We are more peace loving here, we want equality. They don't. I think it's time we listened to the people who know it better than we do. Our History speaks Volumes yet, we're too Liberal here to listen. If people choose not to listen, they'll become slaves to it within the next two decades.

Some beliefs will never change, until they Own the World. We should know the signs, we've been there already. This is an interview with an author who is an ex muslim, and yes he was a staunch one before he woke up.

edit on 27-12-2017 by Guardian10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I understand her stance that goes beyond the dress requirements, and for that I applaud her decision.

On a lighter and different note, yet a sort of parallel, I recall that the UK had pretty strict dress codes for Wimbledon and snooker (Alex Higgins being a rebel in this respect with his bow tie getting ever looser with every frame until disappearing altogether). I'm not completely sure, but didn't cricket have a white only dress obligation, too. All these sports have relaxed their stringent rules; or they have had to by force majeure (sponsorship and corporate image being more important). Anyway, time may fix everything...hoping at least.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Islam is a religion.

It’s not a cult.

It has a rich tradition other than these backward Saudis who actually are practicing a cult and it’s known as Wahhabism

Islam produced probably the most enlightened, civilization culture in history, the great Moorish kingdom and many more highly civilized groups, that helped Europe out of the dark ages.
You had the Ottoman Turks, Umayyad kingdom, Fatimid’s of Egypt, the Seljuk Turks and the great Mughal Empire of India

Islam has brought great civilization and advances to the world

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Islam is a religion.

It’s not a cult.

It has a rich tradition other than these backward Saudis who actually are practicing a cult and it’s known as Wahhabism

Islam produced probably the most enlightened, civilization culture in history, the great Moorish kingdom and many more highly civilized groups, that helped Europe out of the dark ages.
You had the Ottoman Turks, Umayyad kingdom, Fatimid’s of Egypt, the Seljuk Turks and the great Mughal Empire of India

Islam has brought great civilization and advances to the world

Like most main stream religion, it was created by the Catholic Church.

Time to open your eyes, Jesus did.

Most people look like this.
Don't be part of the trend.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Guardian10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Guardian10

Do you know what a cult is?

Do you know what a religion is?

A religion with a varied and rich tradition, just as rich and varied as Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism and any other

Sure there are some knuckle heads in it as there are in all religons. Its called human nature

Just because it has a off shoot cult like Wahhabism, a small percentage of Islam, doesn’t mean that’s the whole religion.

You need to read some legitimate history not those bigoted and ignorant You Tubes

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You have no clue what your'e talking about. That's what i'm getting from your responses. I posted a video, one of many many many Muslims who escaped Islam in eastern Countries. If you believe in equal rights and Islam, then you are a bigot and will never respect Women having the same rights as Men.

Think deep and hard before responding.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A.I. Chess master wears no clothes~!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You have no clue what your'e talking about. That's what i'm getting from your responses. I posted a video, one of many many many Muslims who escaped Islam in eastern Countries. If you believe in equal rights and Islam, then you are a bigot and will never respect Women having the same rights as Men.

After the collapse of the Roman Empire multitudes of white warring tribes from the Caucus were pushed into Western Europe by the invading Huns. The Moors invaded Spanish shores in 711 AD and African Muslims literally civilized the wild, white tribes from the Caucus. The Moors eventually ruled over Spain, Portugal, North Africa and southern France for over seven hundred years.

Although generations of Spanish rulers have tried to expunge this era from the historical record, recent archeology and scholarship now sheds new light on how Moorish advances in mathematics, astronomy, art, and philosophy helped propel Europe out of the Dark Ages and into the Renaissance.

Conventional documented history

LINK

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
A.I. Chess master wears no clothes~!

Neither do you, we all wear no clothes, we are sympatico with nature.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

History changes. In the next 50 years Europeans may be slaughtering each other AGAIN as they did just 60 years ago during

WWII. Germany and Italy were NOT free

....And they may be migrating to Africa or China

You can’t look at pockets of history and ignore all of history

You know nothing about Islam or Muslims, only what you get from bigoted and ignorant You Tubes

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well maybe if they eliminate enough people their champion will be world champion.....

Aren't we all a world champion within ourselves? Don't undo.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Education was universal in Muslim Spain, while in Christian Europe, 99 percent of the population was illiterate, and even kings could neither read nor write. The Moors boasted a remarkably high literacy rate for a pre-modern society. During an era when Europe had only two universities, the Moors had seventeen. The founders of Oxford University were inspired to form the institution after visiting universities in Spain. According to the United Nations’ Education body, the oldest university operating in the world today, is the University of Al-Karaouine of Morocco founded during the height of the Moorish Empire in 859 A.D. by a Black woman named Fatima al-Fihri.

Islam is a religion...IT ENRICHED WHOLE CIVILIZATIONS!

LINK

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

One would thinkthey would protest the U. S supplying arms to them or something of substance, but no just more feigned outrage.

Nailed it!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Every race since the dawn of time has protected it's own, Yet here you are. Old time religions never change, what they believe are the fabric of their entire existance. Islam has always tried to destroy cultures contrary to their own. Winston Churchill said it well.

”Winston Churchill 1899: “Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.”

Any cultlike religion that puts women and children and people of color under it's thumb is not a religion, it's a slave driven cult that abhors freedom and rewards evil.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Now you want to go back to chess, fine. But when you keep slandering Islam, I will refute your untruths with TRUTH!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Education was universal in Muslim Spain, while in Christian Europe, 99 percent of the population was illiterate, and even kings could neither read nor write. The Moors boasted a remarkably high literacy rate for a pre-modern society. During an era when Europe had only two universities, the Moors had seventeen. The founders of Oxford University were inspired to form the institution after visiting universities in Spain. According to the United Nations’ Education body, the oldest university operating in the world today, is the University of Al-Karaouine of Morocco founded during the height of the Moorish Empire in 859 A.D. by a Black woman named Fatima al-Fihri.

Islam is a religion...IT ENRICHED WHOLE CIVILIZATIONS!

LINK

I think the word you're looking for is ENSLAVE. That's what all religion unbridled wants. You know it, I know it, and they know it.
Time to stop making excuses for Religions whose only desire in the end, is to enslave humanity.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join