It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Husband-Wife Heroes Have 'Chaotic' Christmas Eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Husband-Wife Heroes Have 'Chaotic' Christmas Eve

They were driving to meet up with each other on Christmas Eve, but first, a husband and wife made two separate pit stops to help save a few lives.

KFOR reports that Crystal Travis kicked things off Sunday in Cleveland County, NC, when she saw flames coming out of a home. Travis, who was on her way home after visiting a relative with her 14-year-old daughter, says they pulled over and helped a family with a baby escape, as well as drag Christmas gifts away from the burning residence, CNN reports. "It was just all really fast, really chaotic," she tells WSOC

Fabulous!

After first responders arrived, Travis' daughter called husband and dad Roger Travis, and they decided to meet at a nearby restaurant.

Then Roger Travis found himself in the same role as his wife and daughter: that of serendipitous stranger. He says he was driving past a local mall when he saw a car on the median, and when he pulled over, he saw a baby on the ground who wasn't breathing, per CNN.

Roger Travis, an ex-volunteer firefighter and first responder, says he and a firefighter on the scene administered CPR until the baby started making noises and once more drawing breaths.

The Travises are calling their joint rescues a "Christmas miracle," per WSOC. "What are the odds? This is the craziest day ever," Crystal Travis says. Her husband adds, "God put us at the right moment, at the right time, for the people that needed us the most."

Heroes one an all. Just brilliant!

Love great Christmas Stories!

Merry Christmas All!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wonder who got to tell their story first when they met up.

"You just wont believe the day I've had..."

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Pretty incredible and always nice to hear stories of good samaritans!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Truly inspiring Christmas story. The best and most important gifts given at Christmas are not gifts that cost money. Sometimes the simple gift of true forgiveness from someone may be the greatest gift of all to certain souls.

Many blessings in the New Year Silo, and thank you for your heartwarming threads. They are balm for the soul.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I wonder who got to tell their story first when they met up.

"You just wont believe the day I've had..."

I was thinking how to work the phrase "hold my beer" into that situation.

Cool story though op. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

By the Official Rules of Being Southern, it must include the words "Watch this" or it doesn't count. 3 trips to the ER and you get a free sundae at Dairy Queen.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thanks for that, that made my morning better Lol
edit on 27/12/2017 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

That says a lot about the character of the family, as a whole, too! They cared enough to stop and help, not just make a call, or worse, take video and do nothing. Miracles, indeed! Lives saved on Christmas Eve, and may God bless them for doing what they could.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So long as they managed to drag some gifts out then all's well that ends well. CNN is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Xcathdra

By the Official Rules of Being Southern, it must include the words "Watch this" or it doesn't count. 3 trips to the ER and you get a free sundae at Dairy Queen.

I always equated that phrase to the Marine Corp. Specifically the comparison that goes whats the 4 scariest things in the Marine Corp? A Lt. with a map, A Captain with a plan, a Major that says from my experience and a lance corporal that says "watch this".

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
So long as they managed to drag some gifts out then all's well that ends well. CNN is disgusting.

Ouch, you picked up on that one too...

Happy New Year!

top topics

join