It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unmentioned aspects of the 'Tax Bill'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Rising above the 'will work-won't work'. The need for spending cuts so 'cut this'-no can't cut that, cut this instead' and all the other mechanisms attached to such a move lies a whole different plane.

First, it is the very first combined act/action that merges President Trump and his mandate with the Republican party as a whole and specifically the Legislative Branch.

The Republicans had little option to do other than support this legislation. With the deliberate(?) failure to repeal the ACA the Republicans faced massive backlash from it's base supporters if Tax reform also failed to pass. From McConnell's grudging acknowledgement of Trump's leadership to Hatch's enthusiastic endorsement, Trump has positioned himself as the leader of the Republican Party and the two are finally married.....well at least 'engaged'.

Similar to the Democrats support of Obamacare, and the sink or swim that they faced....and lost, the same applies to Trump and the Republicans. Sink or swim. This opens the door to both tweaks and further legislative steps yet unenvisioned to support and enhance the success of the tax bill. (Those that assume the tax bill, as it stands, is the only action to be taken haven't thought this through.)

Not only is it a blow the Democrats that this bill passed, it has the secondary effect of no longer having the Republican Establishment locked in as 'anti-Trump' in lockstep with the Democrats. The closing of ranks on the 'right', in and of itself, is a massive blow to what's left of the DNC. Likely, increased support for Trump will be forthcoming from the right's elite in other areas to avoid increasing collateral damage to themselves.

The wall, Mueller, Hillary and Obama investigations....any area that there isn't overlap of similar issues within the Republican sphere. (May not be very many
)

Simply put, Trump's leadership role has taken a big jump. The Republican Establishment may now view Trump's success as a 'necessity' for that fallback rule...'the good of the party'. The future of the Democrats potentially, looks bleaker than ever before. Yet again, Trump is winning when many thought he wasn't going to.

Just my opinion, though. Thoughts?
edit on 27-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Rising above the 'will work-won't work'. The need for spending cuts so 'cut this'-no can't cut that, cut this instead' and all the other mechanisms attached to such a move lies a whole different plane.

First, it is the very first combined act/action that merges President Trump and his mandate with the Republican party as a whole and specifically the Legislative Branch.

The Republicans had little option to do other than support this legislation. With the deliberate(?) failure to repeal the ACA the Republicans faced massive backlash from it's base supporters if Tax reform also failed to pass. From McConnell's grudging acknowledgement of Trump's leadership to Hatch's enthusiastic endorsement, Trump has positioned himself as the leader of the Republican Party and the two are finally married.....well at least 'engaged'.

Similar to the Democrats support of Obamacare, and the sink or swim that they faced....and lost, the same applies to Trump and the Republicans. Sink or swim. This opens the door to both tweaks and further legislative steps yet unenvisioned to support and enhance the success of the tax bill. (Those that assume the tax bill, as it stands, is the only action to be taken haven't thought this through.)

Not only is it a blow the Democrats that this bill passed, it has the secondary effect of no longer having the Republican Establishment locked in as 'anti-Trump' in lockstep with the Democrats. The closing of ranks on the 'right', in and of itself, is a massive blow to what's left of the DNC. Likely, increased support for Trump will be forthcoming from the right's elite in other areas to avoid increasing collateral damage to themselves.

The wall, Mueller, Hillary and Obama investigations....any area that there isn't overlap of similar issues within the Republican sphere. (May not be very many
)

Simply put, Trump's leadership role has taken a big jump. The Republican Establishment may now view Trump's success as a 'necessity' for that fallback rule...'the good of the party'. The future of the Democrats potentially, looks bleaker than ever before. Yet again, Trump is winning when many thought he wasn't going to.

Just my opinion, though. Thoughts?

My hope is that McConnell and Ryan will stop resisting. Trump has shown time and time again that people like his agenda. Republicans win when they stick to the script. However, I know they are scheming to stab him in the back. The RINOs only care about their power and influence. They are just the opposite side of the same coin as the progressive democrats.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm thinking they'll 'resist' a little less, at least. Others? Maybe outright support?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Suprise , suprise..

They all voted to give themselves and their big donors raises...

While ending the tax credit that benefitted the middle clas, inherently raising taxes on basically everyone on ATS...

Color me shocked... how did trump ever get the gop to go out on a limb by cutting their own taxes?!?!?!?!

That has to be a political miracle lmao..

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Suprise , suprise..

While ending the tax credit that benefitted the middle clas, inherently raising taxes on basically everyone on ATS...

Color me shocked... how did trump ever get the gop to go out on a limb by cutting their own taxes?!?!?!?!

That's the best you can do?

Color me ...not surprised.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The easiest way to make cuts would be to figure out how much has to be cut and to divide it out evenly across the board to every program and department and tell them it will be cut by that amount.

"I don't care how much you got last year or how much of an increase you were expecting. This year, you will be cutting your budget by X% and it will come out of the operating budget first before you affect your services provided."
edit on 27-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The main reason I always oppose federal spending initiatives is that they become 3% a year spending levacies that never go away. All that money could be better spent locally without federal regulations making them more expensive.

The next step is an infrastructure bill that will hopefully give real local leadership the funds they need to use as efficiently as possible.
edit on 12/27/17 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Suprise , suprise..

You should bow up to him and have a good ole Mississippi fight.

Did he raise taxes on all of ATS, are they all people who will get less of my money? How much of my money do you want? I can cut you a check if you're such a leech. The benefit to the rest of the county will be better off for it.

Social security hasn't gone up for a%/y, so who is missing out?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You forgot to mention it's going to add 1.5 trillion dollars to the national debt. Party on Republicans you always do!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You forgot to mention it's going to add 1.5 trillion dollars to the national debt. Party on Republicans you always do!

I didn't need to say it. The left exhales it. If that figure proves out, it will be a massive improvement over the last eight year's debt increase AND we get a tax cut.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Oh,, I suspect this is all just the beginning.

He's doing all he can to keep promises. How rare is that? That is THE reason many can't stand him. I love it.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Debt? I would love to hear this,you milleniums think this happened overnight can tell by lame remarks,defunding liberal bills take a while,that what they are doing,Obama did nothing for 8 yet pinheads want instant results

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The Republicans had little option to do other than support this legislation. With the deliberate(?) failure to repeal the ACA the Republicans faced massive backlash from it's base supporters if Tax reform also failed to pass.

It sounds to me what you are saying is that the republicans passed it for the good of the republican party not the good of the American people.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Here is the biggest unmentioned aspect of the tax bill. It was the Democrats who forced the changes to be limited to only 10 years for the middle class. If just 8 of them in the Senate were willing to support the bill, it would have been permanent for the middle class.

Bernie Sanders was forced to admit that the tax cuts over the next 10 years were a good thing for the middle class, but moaned they were only for 10 years. Well, he has been well and truly called out after that statement... he's been challenged by Ted Cruz to co-author a bill that would make the cuts permanent and which could be passed in January.

Over to you Bernie.

edit on 28/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

The Republicans had little option to do other than support this legislation. With the deliberate(?) failure to repeal the ACA the Republicans faced massive backlash from it's base supporters if Tax reform also failed to pass.

It sounds to me what you are saying is that the republicans passed it for the good of the republican party not the good of the American people.

...but regardless, it is good for the American people - even Bernie Sanders thinks so.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

There is that suspicion. Trump's campaign put unprecedented stress on both parties.Much has come to light. Both parties have been operating from that basis that I can see. What's good for the 'party' rather than what's good for the nation.

I no longer consider myself a Republican. I am a Trumpster. A populist. None of the above when it comes to 'political parties'.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Here is the biggest unmentioned aspect of the tax bill. It was the Democrats who forced the changes to be limited to only 10 years for the middle class. If just 8 of them in the Senate were willing to support the bill, it would have been permanent for the middle class.

Bernie Sanders was forced to admit that the tax cuts over the next 10 years were a good thing for the middle class, but moaned they were only for 10 years. Well, he has been well and truly called out after that statement... he's been challenged by Ted Cruz to co-author a bill that would make the cuts permanent and which could be passed in January.

Over to you Bernie.

That will backfire, as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

He's doing all he can to keep promises. How rare is that? That is THE reason many can't stand him. I love it.

So do I.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

So do I.

That ans the way he speaks his mind, completely honest, are his best qualities! That his words trigger so many is just icing on the cake.

new topics

top topics

join