It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea and Anthrax ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just read some interesting news worth watching. That North Korean soldier who was shot several times while recently escaping was riddled with all kinds of bugs and Anthrax antibodies have also been detected ? Yikes indeed. I will cut and paste some and link the article.
Happy new year all whatever whatever..

A North Korean soldier who defected to the South in 2017 has been found to have anthrax antibodies in his bloodstream, raising fears the regime could use the disease as a weapon. South Korean authorities confirmed the soldier, who has not been identified, was either exposed to or vaccinated against anthrax and had developed immunity to it, UPI reported, citing Channel A. One official told the TV network: "Anthrax antibodies have been found in the North Korean soldier who defected this year." North Korea has been suspected of developing biological weapons after the regime revealed the work of the Pyongyang Biological Technology Research Institute in 2015, run by the Korean People's Army Unit 810.

: North Korea's chemical warfare capabilities Japan's Asahi newspaper reported that the US was aware of the tests, which were being carried out to determine whether the anthrax bacteria could survive the high temperatures on re-entry from space. North Korea denied the claims and said it would "take revenge" on the US for claiming it was developing biological weapons. The discovery of anthrax antibodies has raised tensions in Seoul. The South Korean military has not yet issued an anthrax vaccine. Defence ministry spokesman Choi Hyun Soo has said a vaccine "is expected to be developed by the end of 2019". Anthrax is an infection caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis. It can be contracted through the skin, lungs, intestines or through an injection.

news.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Didn´t i hear something about incubator babies too?

Oh no, that was a while ago and in Kuwait...

But the mobile laboratories, capable of biological and chemical uses?

Dammit, that was Iraq around the same time.

So, what should we think of any accusations, made by the "axis of the good" towards one of their enemies?
Should we believe them?

A liar is not believed even when he speaks the truth

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yawn. Sprinkle some some antibiotics and turmeric on it.

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Didn´t i hear something about incubator babies too?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

The problem with reports like this is...

We've been here before.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

This /...

For years NK has been an after thought, yet now the war in the middle east has been flogged to a death the next logical enemy would be to head back to Asia..

Honestly NK is a pimple on the ass of Asia, I expect news story after news story to be pumped out from now on as it is obvious that the Military industrial complex needs them Dollars.

I would not be surprised if they claim this soldier had a microfilm up his ass with "secret" plans to attack the USA, kill the pope, and stop cheese imports via a NK/Chinese satellite cheese destroyer...

Maybe as Obama said the tipping point could be Brexit, he did say the UK leaving the Euro Zone would lead to a new world war.........

RA

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When they get to weapons tipped with depleted uranium that'll really even up the score with the evil U.S.

Evidently, despite the fact that generations of Iraqi families are still suffering from the U.S. using it there, they're also using it in Syria

edit on -216002017-12-27T08:56:13-06:000000001331201713122017Wed, 27 Dec 2017 08:56:13 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I read about this last night as well. If it's true, it certainly is worrisome. But it's also not unknown for armies to be guinea pigs for innoculation testing. If DPRK has weaponized Anthrax and has a large stockpile of it on hand, things could get very ugly very fast in South Korea.

Would love to see if this soldier knew he was Anthrax resistant.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Stop and think about it. One of the first things we heard about this gentleman was that he was severely infested with all manner of parasites. Anthrax bacteria live in the soil and are prevalent around groups of farm animals. People living in impoverished areas frequently habitate in close proximity to livestock. He could easily have developed antibodies after having been exposed to naturally occurring anthrax.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Reports are they are trying to weaponize a Anthrax warhead to fit on a ICBM

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It’s pretty much standard procedure here in the US for soldiers to get vaccinated for a myriad of things. My husband is a retired Army Ranger. He was given a anthrax vaccination twice (that's a whole ‘nother thread). So I’m really not surprised that the NK soldier has antibodies as well.

Sounds like someone (MSM, Deep State - take your pick) wants us all to get up in arms about this. Don’t fall for it!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Stop and think about it. One of the first things we heard about this gentleman was that he was severely infested with all manner of parasites. Anthrax bacteria live in the soil and are prevalent around groups of farm animals. People living in impoverished areas frequently habitate in close proximity to livestock. He could easily have developed antibodies after having been exposed to naturally occurring anthrax.

Not even just impoverished areas. There's been areas in central Saskatchewan that have had naturally occurring outbreaks, in places with cattle farms and wet soil.

I wonder if there's a test to know if it's weaponized, or natural.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Was it made in Fort Detrick, Maryland like the batch from 2001?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Definitely but I was using his known circumstances. Areas around old tanneries are another prime location for anthrax spores.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anthrax in North Korea? That's gonna be one tough performance...

edit on 27-12-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here is the problem with this report:

North Korea is a very isolated country and one that does not show anything until it is ready. Tourism is kept to a bare minimum and those that do visit are often told where they can go and who they can talk to. It is highly restrictive and ultimately, we are not sure.

So many things look alike, and we can not be sure one way or the other. Things of a scientific nature and that are used for say research or for medical purposes, or in the energy sector also could be used in military purposes.

So how can one be sure what the country is doing or developing if all of such is restrictive and where one can not even get in and check it out or look?

Years of isolation, combined with the sanctions against it, has made the country pretty much distrustful of the outside world and especially of those countries that keep pushing such.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I see a massive debate on this,do you like WMD threat and fact it could get used again.Thing is Kim is crazy enough to do this.And I think it’s credible and I’m also doubting it!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'll mirror what I said in the other thread ATS: North Korea May Be Testing Anthrax-Tipped Ballistic Missiles

Why use anthrax, when they have VX?

also I'll add that it's suspected that they have anthrax, but is now public knowledge that they have VX (especially after NK used it in a public assassination). VX would be a better chemical to use, than a Bio agent like anthrax. jtma508 is correct in their thinking, this could just be natural occurring anthrax and not the Lab grown stuff. Without knowing more about the victim, it's hard to judge what is going on in that country.

new topics

join