It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Spy Satellites Catch Chinese Ships Illegally Selling Oil To North Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hong Kong vessel seized by S. Korea after ship-to-ship oil transfer for N. Korea
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

SEOUL, Dec. 29 (Yonhap) -- A Hong Kong vessel has been seized and inspected by South Korean authorities after secretly transferring oil to a North Korean vessel in international waters in a ship-to-ship transfer prohibited by the United Nations Security Council, government officials said Friday.

South Korean customs authorities inspected the Hong Kong vessel, Lighthouse Winmore, when it entered the country's Yeosu Port on Nov. 24 after transferring 600 tons of refined oil to a North Korean vessel on Oct. 19, the officials said.

UNSC Resolution 2375, adopted in September, bans member countries from ship-to-ship transfer of any goods for North Korea.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

China is right up there with the world's biggest polluters.
Their working conditions are appalling.
They found it was cheaper to pay miners families than to make the mines safer.
Human rights are mostly nonexistent there.
They openly hack our computer systems.

But by God, there is no way they would do any illegal trading to help a nation stir up crap in a disputed region...nope, not happening.

Actaully the USA being only five percent of the worlds population produces about twenty percent of the worlds pollution.
China have done far more in the last few years to deal with carbon emissions the USA. In fact they have left the USA sitting.

Research.

theres one thing that people never seem to calculate into these types of studies and that is the fact that unlike the US not every country keeps good records or legit records on what they do. so all we can assume is that they put out "x" pollution each year. we can go abit further and use our data aswell to help out but its still not as good as it could be. one part that ive always found curious when i travel is that a good many countries have an obesity problem, some seem far worse then america yet u always hear how americans are the fattest. im starting to wonder if were just the fattest who keep records.
edit on 29-12-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
THe UN is just a scam. Its not Worth more then the US puts into it. Trump already stated that last week when he mentioned the actions that the US would be taken against who ever voted against the US.

China will deal how ever they want.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
Hong Kong vessel seized by S. Korea after ship-to-ship oil transfer for N. Korea
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

SEOUL, Dec. 29 (Yonhap) -- A Hong Kong vessel has been seized and inspected by South Korean authorities after secretly transferring oil to a North Korean vessel in international waters in a ship-to-ship transfer prohibited by the United Nations Security Council, government officials said Friday.

South Korean customs authorities inspected the Hong Kong vessel, Lighthouse Winmore, when it entered the country's Yeosu Port on Nov. 24 after transferring 600 tons of refined oil to a North Korean vessel on Oct. 19, the officials said.

UNSC Resolution 2375, adopted in September, bans member countries from ship-to-ship transfer of any goods for North Korea.
So this pretty much confirms the OP.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

How can it illegl for china to sell oil to NK. Who made that rule? The US govt?

UN sanctions.

thanks, I expceted that answer.

The trouble with it is that I've learned over time the UN is not much more of a rubber stamp of US policy more than anyting else.

Its seems its designed to give US policy that 'its not in our hands' feel.

I hoep you find this interesting, but sadly, it seems from what I have learned, all these organsations like the UN, World Bank, International monerty fund etc are just mechamisms of gloabl control by the elite through the US.

you might find people like;
Karen Hudes.
Anna von Reitzs
the recent finanical whistleblower Berhanrd ??? interesting

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

UN sanctions.

The trouble with it is that I've learned over time the UN is not much more of a rubber stamp of US policy more than anyting else.

I hoep you find this interesting, but sadly, it seems from what I have learned, all these organsations like the UN, World Bank, International monerty fund etc are just mechamisms of gloabl control by the elite through the US.

Karen Hudes.
Anna von Reitzs

What amazes me is somehow people miss the connection between military power and global dominance.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

UN sanctions.

Karen Hudes.
Anna von Reitzs

What amazes me is somehow people miss the connection between military power and global dominance.

Yes its very common but its easy enoguh to make.

I missed it my self for a long time. However knowing this we can also now see that the US military controls all the world wide drug trade in the world. Its one of the reasons they are in so many countries.

After all, they would not let the Russians control such a lucrative and powerful business would they?

The military use the politicians and businesses figures in various countries to control the drug trade. The military have the force, the organization, the hardware, the planning the execution and know how to keep things quite. They are substantially free of immigration risks, by and large.

They politicians and business figures in turn control the police. The police control the distributors who are criminal groups like bikes and other gang related groups who get the drugs down to street level.

Control from top to bottom - Which leaves us wondering how the hell and when are we the people ever going to drain the swamp of drugs, and of the peddlers, in our communities?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

God that would be nice the drug trade dwarfs military spending. Be a great way to cut out a huge portion of US debt. Be win win millitary budget would double US would Dave a crap load of money that could be spent on social programs and lowering our taxes. Problem is couldn't be further from the truth I spent years in Afghanistan and I watched personally as we destroyed millions and millions in the war on drugs. But hey its the Internet and as we know everything you read there is true right?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

UN sanctions.

Karen Hudes.
Anna von Reitzs

Yes its very common but its easy enoguh to make.

I missed it my self for a long time. However knowing this we can also now see that the US military controls all the world wide drug trade in the world. Its one of the reasons they are in so many countries.

After all, they would not let the Russians control such a lucrative and powerful business would they?

The military use the politicians and businesses figures in various countries to control the drug trade. The military have the force, the organization, the hardware, the planning the execution and know how to keep things quite. They are substantially free of immigration risks, by and large.

They politicians and business figures in turn control the police. The police control the distributors who are criminal groups like bikes and other gang related groups who get the drugs down to street level.

Control from top to bottom - Which leaves us wondering how the hell and when are we the people ever going to drain the swamp of drugs, and of the peddlers, in our communities?

The best part of that is the never ending supply to prison industrial complex which survives off the back of the military industrial complex.

Then the media sells us stories of all the bad drug dealers and how they ruin entire cities and postcodes all the while missing where the drugs actually come from and how they end up on the streets in the first place, it's one hell of a slide of hand.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Azureblue

God that would be nice the drug trade dwarfs military spending. Be a great way to cut out a huge portion of US debt. Be win win millitary budget would double US would Dave a crap load of money that could be spent on social programs and lowering our taxes. Problem is couldn't be further from the truth I spent years in Afghanistan and I watched personally as we destroyed millions and millions in the war on drugs. But hey its the Internet and as we know everything you read there is true right?

Thanks for your input. Problem is couldn't be further from the truth I spent years in Afghanistan and I watched personally as we destroyed millions and millions in the war on drugs.

I'm not sure of what your saying here. Is that the millions were spent on destroying the drug trade or the growing of poppies in Afghanistan?

With respect to the poppy fields, unless there is something I am not aware of, the poppie fields could have been destroyed by spraying roundup on the crops using airial tankers and done relatively easily and quickly. I would not have thought it would be all that expensive and or time consuming. Sure, the local growers would have fired at the sprayers but I would imagine they could have been chased eaily enough by US soliders before hand.

If there is knowledge I am not aware of please feel free to educate me and fill in any gaps in my knowledge that I am not aware that I have and which you consider I should be aware of.

thank you

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
SOUTH Korea has seized a second ship that illegally delivering oil to North Korea.
www.reuters.com... N1EP04P

Must be pretty frustrating, like intercepting drug shipment. Demand will always generate a supply.

One military leader said that the biggest worry at this time, is that North Korea will begin selling biological-warfare weapons to terrorists. They're small, but very lethal in a crowded environment.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Who knows what the Norks have developed as far as biological weapons go, thats rather scary.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join