It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Spy Satellites Catch Chinese Ships Illegally Selling Oil To North Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Several things here:

If we read what China stated, then this is really not a story. China stated, by accounts that it would not allow for any new businesses or the expansion of any business as its part of the sanctions. That means that if the current states that the amount of 2 million barrels of oil goes into North Korea, then it will remain at that level. Those any and all exports from North Korea will remain as long as all of the paperwork is done and correct by the 10th of December.

The last thing that China wants is an unstable North Korea, or a wave of refugees to cross the border into its territory. Nor to have the country so destabilized, or the US forcing the government to change, as then it would be viewed as a puppet government under the control of the USA.

There are several problems here, which should be noted, the first is the state of North Korea and South Korea. The Korean conflict ended in 1953 with a true not a peace treaty. And that is part of the problem with the tensions, that there is no peace treaty and North Korea views that it is still at war, and a prolonged armistice.

So it is understandable that it is going to seek to develop weapons that it can use in the event that the armistice is broken and open hostilities and combat start again. The only way out of this situation would be to start and go for a real peace treaty ending the hostilities, ending the war officially. That way it shows that there is no reason for the military build up or for there to be US troops in that great of numbers present in South Korea.

Another problem here is that the US is pressing and pressing hard, pushing North Korea up against a wall that it can see no way out, save to strike. And China is trying to calm the tensions. However, it needs help as it is not going to be easy. And what room it has to negotiate or work, only gets slimmer and harder as the US keeps pushing and pushing.

China is a major ally of North Korea, it understands and can work and actually nudge and get North Korea to move in a direction it wants, however, for this situation, the first key is that the US needs to let China have it and back China, and give a bit to where it can thus go to North Korea and get them to take and give, along with a bit more of a tangible to show that by giving up say Nuclear weapons and its drive that way, it can get something far more important to the country and its leadership, and build on that.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Long range weather forecast for Pyongyang calls for the high temps to range from -9C to 0C, I guess its winter there and they use refined heating oil. Maybe China considers it humanitarian aid?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

I see undated pictures of some ships , the rest is speculation.

Not to mention that China imports a huuuge amount of it's oil, I don't see them giving away much, nor could they profit so much either.
Of course, if they did, Trump might not be pleased, it could affect production of his ties that he said, "couldn't be made at home"........It's hilarious all this fecking about, sanctions don't work most of the time, and only hurt the little people by default..yet Trump is the little people's champion...not.

Any names of the ships yet? Crew/s, port of registration, origin of the oil...the guys at intel would surely know all this stuff...but nobody's saying nuttin' that's hilarious too!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So what, we're selling oil to N.Korea ... you're selling weapons to ISIS ... you created ISIS, and ISIS is murdering European civilians.

What you gonna do ... you want war with us?

Go ahead, make my day.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Long range weather forecast for Pyongyang calls for the high temps to range from -9C to 0C, I guess its winter there and they use refined heating oil. Maybe China considers it humanitarian aid?

There's a human being in the camp, not the only one, but thank God for that!

edit on 28-12-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

China is right up there with the world's biggest polluters.
Their working conditions are appalling.
They found it was cheaper to pay miners families than to make the mines safer.
Human rights are mostly nonexistent there.
They openly hack our computer systems.

But by God, there is no way they would do any illegal trading to help a nation stir up crap in a disputed region...nope, not happening.

wouldnt even surprise me if they are just squeezing lil kim. essentially saying "look we cant charge u $50 a barrel anymore with the new sanctions, we need $300"

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

How can it illegl for china to sell oil to NK. Who made that rule? The US govt?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

How can it illegl for china to sell oil to NK. Who made that rule? The US govt?

UN sanctions.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

So what, we're selling oil to N.Korea ... you're selling weapons to ISIS ... you created ISIS, and ISIS is murdering European civilians.

Go ahead, make my day.

No. The previous admins were arming ISIS. The Trump admin is destroying ISIS.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Go ahead, make my day.

OK, do you have any evidence of that little nible you dropped?
edit on 29-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Go ahead, make my day.

www.businessinsider.com...

Nov. 21, 2017
ISIS has been militarily defeated in Iraq and Syria

www.foxnews.com...

ISIS has lost 98 percent of its territory -- mostly since Trump took office, officials say

Are you telling me you have missed the stories that ISIS is basically kaput? In under one year, Trump admin has smashed them to pieces. Promise kept. Thats what happens when you defund the bastards.
edit on 29-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Go ahead, make my day.

www.businessinsider.com...

Nov. 21, 2017
ISIS has been militarily defeated in Iraq and Syria

www.foxnews.com...

ISIS has lost 98 percent of its territory -- mostly since Trump took office, officials say

Are you telling me you have missed the stories that ISIS is basically kaput? In under one year, Trump admin has smashed them to pieces. Promise kept. Thats what happens when you defund the bastards.

Okay, you really think that I somehow missed the 24 hour news coverage....?

Obviously I don't believe the news cycle why else would I ask.....

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

China is right up there with the world's biggest polluters.
Their working conditions are appalling.
They found it was cheaper to pay miners families than to make the mines safer.
Human rights are mostly nonexistent there.
They openly hack our computer systems.

But by God, there is no way they would do any illegal trading to help a nation stir up crap in a disputed region...nope, not happening.

Actaully the USA being only five percent of the worlds population produces about twenty percent of the worlds pollution.
China have done far more in the last few years to deal with carbon emissions the USA. In fact they have left the USA sitting.

Research.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

To be fair, Russia, Syria and Iran have done the heavy lifting fighting ISIS. There have been numerous reports about the US arming ISIS, Protecting ISIS, harrassing Russian jets when running sorties against ISIS.

The US want Assad to fall, ISIS is just a collective name to all the militant groups. The US opening assists some of these groups.

Don't for a second believe the US were destroying ISIS.
edit on 29/12/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Un sanctions that China voted for. Also seems that south Korea is now detaining the Chinese ship and the crew has been arrested.

nypost.com/2017/12/29/south-korea-seizes-hong-kong-ship-for-allegedly-violating-un-sanctions/amp/
edit on 12/29/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Your wrong your looking at co2 emisions and not polution you have to look at air quality to look how much damage China is doing. There is such smog problems they have to warn people from going outside. China by far is the largest poluter so bad even neighbors have to deal with the smog they created

www.numbeo.com...

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Have a read. Scan, digest.

Everything You Think You Know About Coal in China Is Wrong

www.americanprogress.org...

We found that the nation’s coal sector is undergoing a massive transformation that extends from the mines to the power plants, from Ordos to Shanghai. China is indeed going green. The nation is on track to overdeliver on the emissions reduction commitments it put forward under the Paris climate agreement, and making coal cleaner is an integral part of the process.

Truth be told its leaving the USA sitting. The whole world will. Hope one day the USA wakes up and starts cleaning its air!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Have a read. Scan, digest.

Everything You Think You Know About Coal in China Is Wrong

www.americanprogress.org...

We found that the nation’s coal sector is undergoing a massive transformation that extends from the mines to the power plants, from Ordos to Shanghai. China is indeed going green. The nation is on track to overdeliver on the emissions reduction commitments it put forward under the Paris climate agreement, and making coal cleaner is an integral part of the process.

Truth be told its leaving the USA sitting. The whole world will. Hope one day the USA wakes up and starts cleaning its air!

They need to do something people have to wear masks to go outside. But clean coal isn't the answer most of the smog is industrial polution and no where near solving the problem. And once again your talking co2 emisions we are talking about other polution such as soot and ozone far more dangerous then co2.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

They need to do something people have to wear masks to go outside. But clean coal isn't the answer most of the smog is industrial polution and no where near solving the problem

Read you will be suprised. The only country I know of where that have actually left poeple cold to deal with this problem. They are trying extremely hard and going to leave the world sitting.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The whole world will. Hope one day the USA wakes up and starts cleaning its air!

The air quality in the USA has been improving for decades, do some research, try to prove me wrong.

edit on 29-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join