It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Spy Satellites Catch Chinese Ships Illegally Selling Oil To North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

According to South Korea's Chosun Ilbo, U.S. recon satellites have photographed around 30 illegal transactions involving Chinese vessels selling oil to North Korea on the West Sea in October. The images allegedly showed large Chinese and North Korean ships transacting in oil in a part of the West Sea closer to China than South Korea. The satellite pictures even showed the names of the ships.

Lucky Bill Clinton exchanged Americas guided missile technology for donations (bribes) in the 90s with them or they'd still be shooting arrows.

And a special thanks goes to 0bama and other cucked Western leaders who allowed them to systematically hack/rape our companies of trade secrets over the years and somehow allow a list of US spys to fall into their hands who were promptly executed

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

I see undated pictures of some ships , the rest is speculation.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The people who produce, sell, and perpetuate the use of oil as an energy source are not exactly the most law-abiding trustworthy sort in the first place so is it any wonder really that they are willing to circumvent said nonsensical essentially unimplementable laws?

Also, its not like the US has never been caught redhanded selling nefariously suspect arms, materials and information to questionable nations and individuals.

Pot calling the kettle black really. LoL

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

This doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't China simply truck it across the border or even use a pipeline?

Sounds like China is being made out to be the new enemy; rhetoric and propaganda will be hyped to start a new war.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

This doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't China simply truck it across the border or even use a pipeline?

Sounds like China is being made out to be the new enemy; rhetoric and propaganda will be hyped to start a new war.
China being made out to be the "new enemy" is an idiotic statement, they already ARE the enemy. We're just engaged in the trade dance, otherwise, we ideologically oppose each other in terms of power, 'cept the chinese have none, yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

they already ARE the enemy

No , The Donald said they are a competitor , there's a difference.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Considering there is a pipeline from the Chinese city of Dadong directly across the Yalu River to North Korea's only refinery I'm wondering why Zerohedge, that bastion of truth, thinks people will actually believe they need to load the oil on tankers, sail out into the Western Sea, transfer the oil and then sail back to the refinery.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

China is right up there with the world's biggest polluters.
Their working conditions are appalling.
They found it was cheaper to pay miners families than to make the mines safer.
Human rights are mostly nonexistent there.
They openly hack our computer systems.

But by God, there is no way they would do any illegal trading to help a nation stir up crap in a disputed region...nope, not happening.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

they already ARE the enemy

No , The Donald said they are a competitor , there's a difference.
*facepalm*

As with all nations striving for glory, there will always be competition.

Drink some coffee, you're a bit slow this morning.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Perhaps the pipeline is being monitored and the tankers are just some cheap longshot effort to push oil through.

Cheap and China go hand in hand.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Drink some coffee, you're a bit slow this morning.

I understand the difference between a competitor and an enemy although in your black and white world I can see how you would be confused.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Perhaps the pipeline is being monitored and the tankers are just some cheap longshot effort to push oil through.

Cheap and China go hand in hand.

Pipelines are cheaper to transport oil than ships. The pipeline is only 20 miles long.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's probably other petroleum products they don't want to send through the pipeline, like jet fuel for example.

Yes, you can run nitrogen "plugs" through an oil pipeline to separate product, but putting a highly refined product like jet fuel into a pipeline which formerly carried light crude at one point is a risky endeavor. Regular gasoline would be fine, but jet fuel would require filtering for sure and possibly even re-fracturing. Plus, I doubt NK has the refining capability for highly refined kerosene (which is what jet fuel is).

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

North Korea has been getting most of it's jet fuel from Russia.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I don't know what Clinton and Obama have to do with it?
What I see is what I expected to see, if China stops trading with them they're dead. No oil no war machinery, they're stuck. Many might be willing to die, but it's a a small country. Stuck in defence. But ey cool, right, the olympic wintergames come to town.
If he's serious he makes a nuclear strike on american territory and then attack on the wintergames. Or Japan and the olympics. But I think he tries to hit American territory.
Question is does he get enough to stash it? If he doesn't attack until 2020 how much oil could he collect that way?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The US can sell oil to ISIS via Turkey, but China can't sell oil to their allies?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Just wondering...China shares a border with DPRK...why would they trade oil at sea? DPRK has shown that they are very good at digging tunnels. Why would they need to transfer oil at sea? If there is any oil trade occurring, I'm pretty sure it's black market and if Jinping finds out, the guilty party will be listed on the organ donor list pretty soon.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Pipelines and tunnel systems present all manner of logistical and maintenance dilemma then there is the additional cost of course.

As to the tankers allegedly transferring oil at sea, well it has been known to happen, but like others have pointed out nothing wrong with the pipeline already in place between China/SK and NK, or trucking the stuff across the border.

I cant see the problem anyway as ICBM don't employ conventional oil as a fuel. Rocket propellant is either a high oxygen-containing fuel or a mixture of fuel plus oxidant. LoL
edit on 27-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

How is China the enemy when they are still trading in the US dollar? If they dump the US $ then you you may have a case. Still nothing you said answered why China couldn't simply truck or pipeline oil to North Korea. You do realize they share a border? Save your insults for other boards.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah thats what I asked. Keep the Chinese Seafarers merchants Union happy? LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join