It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to go for Infrastructure Bill in early 2018.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

This was posted yesterday and for some bizarre reason it was 404'd...

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

i actually never know who we actually owe this money to. is it in our currency, is it compounding interest, and how do we actually make capital to offset said interests, are we making minimum payments?

when did the national debt actually began?

The majority of it is owed to American citizens.

A big chunk to social security, Like 6 trillion if memory serves me, then like another 6-7 trillion to american bond holders which are generally pension funds, and insurance companies primarily.

The rest is owed to foreigners. But the idea we can just never pay it back without significant blow back is total BS. With that said - it is probably impossible to pay it all back - the interest expense goes up 100 billion + a year for every percent the interest rate goes up, and our rates need to go up - they have artificially been held down too long. Yes essentially we are making minimum payments - we are only paying the interest - no principal reduction is happening - it can't till we run a surplus which has not happened in decades.

Basically there is only one way out of our budget mess, significant cost cuts to medical spending. It is about a third of our spending and it has been going up every year by 5-8%. This cannot continue - it needs to be cut in half if we are ever to make any progress on paying down the debt. This is not an outlandish goal - many other developed countries costs for their healthcare per capita is 55- 60% of what we pay.

What it requires though is a total gutting of our current system - doctors no longer get to be millionaires, hospital monopolies have to broken up, and drug companies no longer get to gouge Americans. It is not going to be easy to change this system - quite frankly it will probably require the money drying up to destroy it - which it will if the government is unwilling to forcefully destroy it's current makeup. I am not optimistic government will act as needed, because the medical lobbies are too powerful. The only hope without chaotic disruption is some massive technological breakthroughs that somehow dramatically cut costs - not impossible, but not likely either.

edit on 27-12-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: ScepticScot

Ok that 2/3 goes the multinational banksters whim own the media, and drive us like cattle to war.

Next up NK which dovetails into WW3, then the looming Tech War, the final war of homo sapiens, in our lifetimes, where they become immortal via tech after we paid for it into that national debt, and then with their obsession with overpopulation and environment well you do the math.

Yeah its been a long month over here.

Wrong - it primarily goes to retirees.

Look I agree the debt has been run up way to far. But here is the thing - the US is not alone in this problem at all. Virtually every first world country is in way too much debt. Basically they are all playing the it's too big to fail game. I don't think this is an accident - I believe the worlds central banks actually believe they can get away with this due to massive economic change that is imminent in the next 20 - 30 years. What do I mean - well half the worlds jobs or more will be gone due to automation (AI / robotics). What does that mean for the ordinary workers good question. If the elites truly are evil, probably a lot will be killed or allowed to die because they are no longer needed and are actually a drain on resources.

If they are not evil, perhaps they are planning some giant economic worldwide reset - of course this requires basically a one world government and one currency.

Or perhaps there is no plan, and everyone is just using borrowed money to get rich today and it will all collapse spectacularly.

Basically I don't see things going well economically worldwide whatever the plan.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Basically I don't see things going well economically worldwide whatever the plan.

I disagree. The pain of globalization has already been absorbed now, in many ways at the expense of the USA.

Now we'll be looking at increased global trade with all boats rising on a booming American economy. Technology also favors the USA in an age of technological advance and innovation.

There will be a market correction but no recession.

I've never been more optimistic and see a growing economy for years and years to come, maybe 10 years or more.

If I'm right, then it would be a good time to invest in depressed mining stocks as global demand increases. Oil is now back up over 60 a barrel, which is a good sign for the Alberta economy in Canada as they need it at 60-65+/barrel to enjoy economic growth.

A boom will take at least a year to take shape, but it's happening and will happen with this Tax cut.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo
Medical spending? I agree we need to rethink the way we do healthcare here, but that isn't the area where we need to trim the fat. Military acquisition can be slashed and the rest of the world will be so frightened at the rise of the "multi-polar world" that other nations will take up the slack. Another major area: government perks, bells, and whistles. We need to admit that we are no longer a wealthy empire, and stop throwing diplomatic receptions that cost as much as a Hollywood production. (That's just for starters.) I don't see "Gold-plated Toilet" Trump going that way.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
youtu.be...

So, is Trump going after the Global Security Funds?

It has been said Trump met with Lee Wanta a month or so ago.
So I went looking and found this guy talking about all the connections i was wondering about.
According to this guy the Funds have been completely stolen.

But, clawback. The 2 things that has had me thinking is first the rumored meeting with Wanta, and now the infrastructure plan.
Add that to the declared "National Emergency" and the executive order.

I think this started in Saudi Arabia on Nov.4. Trump cheered that event, said Salman is doing the right thing.
This just keeps getting bigger. It started with what Reagan did with Wanta and the GSF. It is said those funds are worth 70 trillion USD.

And trump can finish what Reagan started with Lee Wanta.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

I think you may be onto something with that assessment. Trump's EO indicated a vacuum cleaner, along with a lot of arrests, according to the Jesus edict that first you must bind the strong man and then you can freely pilfer his house of any and all treasure leaving him with nothing of any substance or value.

I think that Trump has found the devil's lair and that there's some reason that he didn't fire Jeff Sessions.

I'll bet that it's also a dragnet that will capture some big fish.

Something I found to be interesting in the EO was how it conflated both corruption and severe human rights abuses together as falling under the same set of behaviors in an either/or or both framework.

By including a reference to past or present government officials, that's a reference to what is often described as the "deep state".

I'm praying for Trump's safety and protection because that's the kind of thing that would cause them to move on him.

By signing the EO, Trump has opened their eyes I'm afraid.

I've had a run in with devlish forces in the past, and the singular most important thing you have to operate by, and with God's help, is that the devil is blind or blinded.

It has to be done as a hoodwink and the fixing of what i call the double-bind, which, ironically, is placed on themselves by their own hand.

Maybe the EO while tipping them off will also trip them up..?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

What does this have to do with infrastructure?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join