It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What parts of the dossier have been corroborated?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

My biggest problem is the FBI should not have been involved with the Steele document at all. This should have been investigated by the NSA or CIA. The FBI is a national and federally empowered police force to investigate crime. They do NOT collect clandestine intelligence or have anything to do with the military. So the FBI spying on anybody involved with a foreign government is wrong. They don't have the capacity to verify foreign intelligence and they don't have the information or contacts to even decide if Russia was involved in anything.
edit on 12/27/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

So the one thing you say is corroborated is that Russia tried to influence the election.

Something that eveybody has said they have done for decades now.

That's a hardly a meaningful corroboration now is it.

The rest of what you are saying is just hopefulness on your part.

Of course Steele is going to say he thinks it's correct. What do you expect, him to say his own work is garbage?

You seem to think because the accusations are serious, that warrants the dossier being used as the impetus for the investigation and most likely fisa warrants.

That is ridiculous.

As I have shown in this thread, comey testified the dossier was salacious and unconfirmed well after it was supposedly used to start the investigation and get warrants.

This means the precedent is now set for a party to pay for opposition research, and as long as the accusations in it are serious, you can use the fbi to spy on your opponent and launch indefinite investigations that can branch out to any crime.

That is a banana republic.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
After reading all 6 pages it seems that the Dossier is a piece of crap. A few things are accurate, like a broken clock sorta.

But i appreciate darkbake taking the time to enumerate his on topic reply to the OP.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
After reading all 6 pages it seems that the Dossier is a piece of crap. A few things are accurate, like a broken clock sorta.

But i appreciate darkbake taking the time to enumerate his on topic reply to the OP.

Oh me too.

I thought the discussion was very worthwhile and politely had.

Even if people coming away disagreeing with me, at least they have more info to work with now on both sides of the argument.

So I really appreciate darkbake discussing it with me.

But yeah, the dossier seems to be crap.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What parts of the dossier have been corroborated?

The firm was subsequently hired by the Hillary Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee through their shared attorney at Perkins Coie, Marc Elias. Fusion GPS then hired Christopher Steele [21] to investigate Trump's Russia-related activities.[18] According to CNN, Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee took over the financing of the inquiry into Donald Trump and produced what became known as the Trump dossier.[22]

en.wikipedia.org...

WHAT ?

Not the collusion you were looking for ?

Oh well.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes seeing as how important the dossier has been in investigations into trump and the media's attack on him.

There is no doubt that the people that paid for and used the dossier, that had it most serious allegations come from Kremlin officials, gave Putin his most direct and effective way to influence the U.S. system.

You won't hear that in the msm that pushed it So hard though.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes seeing as how important the dossier has been in investigations into trump and the media's attack on him.

This whole charade would be like the FBI and DOJ using Fox News to investigate whether or not Obama was an American citizen.

It's pure partisan bullsnip

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

WOW, @foxandfrlends “Dossier is bogus. Clinton Campaign, DNC funded Dossier. FBI CANNOT (after all of this time) VERIFY CLAIMS IN DOSSIER OF RUSSIA/TRUMP COLLUSION. FBI TAINTED.” And they used this Crooked Hillary pile of garbage as the basis for going after the Trump Campaign!

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

This whole charade would be like the FBI and DOJ using Fox News to investigate whether or not Obama was an American citizen.

It's pure partisan bullsnip

Oh believe it or not it's way worse than that.

Imagine the wife of a trump appointed doj official working for a firm paid for by republicans To dig up dirt on democrats.

Lets say Jeff sessions wife. Then that firm pays a foreign agent to get dirt on dems from russian sources, and that dirt says dems tried to get dirt on trump from russian sources.

Sessions them personally meets with this firm his wife works for to discuss the allegations his wife had part in drafting.

So fbi members, who have been texting about their hatred of Democrats, and the need for an insurance policy in case they win, use this paid dirt from republicans to get fisa warrants to spy on trumps democratic opponents team.

They then launch an investigation that could take years that starts investigating any crime, even if it has nothing to do with the allegations is the dirt they were supposed to be investigating.

A special counsel then leads the investigation, comprised mainly of people that donated to trump, some that even acted as lawyers for trump or his team in the past.

As this investigation into democrats is going on, the fbi refuses to discuss the dirt they got or fisa applications with oversight committees.

Meanwhile, the media that has been paid by sessions wife's firm to push these allegations accuses anyone who objects to the way the investigation is being carried out of being unamerican and a danger to our system.

That would be a small taste of what is happening.

And I guarantee just about every single person cheering for the current investigation into trump would be screaming themselves horse at the unfairness of how democrats were being treated.

But this is the precedent they have set. So when the next Bernie or Jill Stein or any dem has the fbi weoponized against them, these people cheering now have no right to complain.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: darkbake

In regards to the when the DNC knew their systems had been breached:

September 2015 - The FBI contacts the Democratic National Committee's help desk, cautioning the IT department that at least one computer has been compromised by Russian hackers. A technician scans the system and does not find anything suspicious.

So, the FBI contacts the DNC IT department and tells them they have a compromised system. DNC genius tech says he/she can't find anything and doesn't tell his/her boss.

A couple of months later:

November 2015 - The FBI reaches out to the DNC again, warning them that one of their computers is transmitting information back to Russia. DNC management later says that IT technicians failed to pass along the message that the system had been breached.

FBI goes back to DNC and says, hey, remember that compromised system we told you you had? Well, it's leaking... DNC says, we had no idea we had a compromised system. (wonder if anyone was fired?)

CNN timeline of DNC 'hack'

A whole sub story that is being missed Is this:

Why the hell is the FBI apparently monitoring the computers and Communications of Political partys in the US without search warrants or permisson?

Is this a common and ongoing procedure?

That should scare everyone. I doubt it was just the FBI tracking the hacker to the PC, it was more likely the FBI monitoring the PC and a hacker "flag" warning got tripped .

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Here's a nice tidbit from that Great National Review article I never considered before:

The FBI and DOJ would have submitted the FISA application to the court shortly before the warrant was issued. In the days-to-weeks prior to petitioning the court, the FISA application would have been subjected to internal review at the FBI — raising the possibility that FBI lawyer Page was in the loop reviewing the investigative work of Agent Strzok, with whom she was having an extramarital affair. There would also have been review at the Justice Department — federal law requires that the attorney general approve every application to the FISA court.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes that article is fantastic.

Unfortunately, many people will not read it that cheer for this investigation.

Yes. I'm another conflict of interests, it seems very likely that strzoks mistress that was discussing insurance policies in case trump for elected was one do the people tasked with verifying the dossier.

Its unreal.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Steele rightly felt that the information he was receiving was serious enough to alert them.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

No not what they've done for decades . If you can't see how this was completely different that is classic willful ignorance. Kind of like trump. But you don't have anything to hide and trump obviously does otherwise why not just let the investigation play out. If he's so friggin innocent then he has no need to trash the investigators or the organization's doing the probe. All he needs to do is sit back and wait and then say told ya so. But he's trying with every fiber of his being to shut it down and discredit everybody on the team.
I'm sorry but he's not acting like he's innocent. He is acting exactly like someone who has something to hide.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Your are conflating what you percieve to be between the lines.

This is what i refer to when i talk about " the nonsense against Trump".

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No I'm not conflating anything between the lines.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The question asked was if any part of the dossier had been corroborated.
I answered that.
You guys don't want answers you want excuses as to why the information can't be true.
How about this. What part of the dossier has been debunked? Can anyone answer that?
edit on 12272017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Are you for real?

But he's trying with every fiber of his being to shut it down and discredit everybody on the team.

You understand POTUS could have Mueller fired right?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

So like I said, when he pays for dirt against democrats there is no reason for them to complain when he uses that dirt to spy on them with fisa warrants, and launched a special investigation using his donators to investigate all democrats for years in end for any crime.

And according to you, ghats done because the dems will only complain of they have something to hide.

I think your hatred of trump is blinding you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join