It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we expect a typical beautiful woman to be normal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Apparently some women don't know when they look good because they do things like this to look better,

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: visitedbythem

It's amazing how beauty is defined differently by many people, and sometimes differently by the same person through out their lives.

The inner beauty is what matters most. The reflection of that can keep the outer beauty in check long into the golden years. A loving heart, and a willingness to forgive the small day to day things that are hurtful, are a reflection of God in ones own life.
God is Love

My mother is still the most beautiful woman in the world to me.
My wife accepts this.
As my mother is an ex nun from the Catholic faith, you understand why I am amused at your post.
Unless you are suggesting Odin as your god.
He is the Closest to Crom I have seen, but in a few day it will cross back to Oberon- Thank you Shakespeare or Zelasney.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

a reply to: visitedbythem

It's amazing how beauty is defined differently by many people, and sometimes differently by the same person through out their lives.

The inner beauty is what matters most. The reflection of that can keep the outer beauty in check long into the golden years. A loving heart, and a willingness to forgive the small day to day things that are hurtful, are a reflection of God in ones own life.
God is Love

My mother is still the most beautiful woman in the world to me.
My wife accepts this.
As my mother is an ex nun from the Catholic faith, you understand why I am amused at your post.
Unless you are suggesting Odin as your god.
He is the Closest to Crom I have seen, but in a few day it will cross back to Oberon- Thank you Shakespeare or Zelasney.

There is only one God. Your Mom is truly beautiful in all eyes, and especially Gods own eyes

edit on 27-12-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Abysha
I like when my woman drives me nuts. She keeps me on my toes!

A pirate walks into a bar and he has a big parrot on his shoulder, a peg leg, and a steering wheel hanging from his junk. Bartender says "hey... you got a big steering wheel on your wiener" and the pirate says "Aye... and it's driving me nuts".

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Hey, that was actually pretty good
LOL. Im totally stealing that for New Years at the bar! What else you got?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Hey, that was actually pretty good
LOL. Im totally stealing that for New Years at the bar! What else you got?

I totally made this one up...

Why did the Leprechaun get kicked out of the bar?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
im going to have to guess something about his pot of gold and a bowl of nuts getting mixed up in some way.....?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

im going to have to guess something about his pot of gold and a bowl of nuts getting mixed up in some way.....?

Hell no. It was because he was a little drunk.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
hehe, that was kinda cute. But the pirate one was gold for sure ! I'll probably repeat it like twenty times on New Years Eve. It may end up going viral in Florida, especially since this city has an adoration for pirates represented in our football team and a centuries old annual street parade.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

hehe, that was kinda cute. But the pirate one was gold for sure ! I'll probably repeat it like twenty times on New Years Eve. It may end up going viral in Florida, especially since this city has an adoration for pirates represented in our football team and a centuries old annual street parade.

You could always change it to "midget pirate" instead of "leprechaun". I used leprechaun because, when I first came up with that joke, it was about my ex-spouse's drummer, who was a dwarf. The joke I originally started began like "why did Jared get kicked out of the bar"?

He never heard that joke before I changed it to "leprechaun", fyi. That was the point.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Abysha because: claryfyngingngngnging.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
Most beautiful women have been beautiful their whole lives. I believe that's frequently a big problem.

Nobody is normal.

Everyone has received "specific treatment" their whole lives.

I've seen people, for example, who always get into arguments with others. And often wondered, why certain people seem to receive the same treatment over and over in their lives, no matter where they go, they seem to "attract" the same type of attention, and get into similar interactive situations.

It's almost as if each of us is programmed to experience certain "themes" over and over, which is our "karma" or due to our "samskaras".

The spiritual gurus of the east noticed this thousands of years ago, and developed the whole concept of "samskara" and "karma" from these observations.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Everyone is vulnerable to developing some undesirable personality traits no matter what they look like.
Being recognized as very beautiful in your society has it's own particular set of challenges. I doubt it means they end up "crazier" than anyone else- but it can be addressed in examining the belief that beauty automatically makes someones life easier, or specifically, that they grow up with a stronger sense of value and being loved.

I was considered very beautiful when I was young (according to the popular ideas of beauty at the time). I did some modeling and knew other extremely beautiful girls. Most of them had terrible problems with self image and self confidence.
We all developed a distrust of others- no matter how much someone might act like they liked us, it never felt authentic because they were "loving" the appearance and not looking at the person inside. Whenever you achieve something and show it to another, they ignore it "Look at the painting I made!" gets a "You're so pretty!"

"I wrote this 150 page paper on a historical event" - "You're so pretty"

You get a job, a promotion? The women around will snear that you only got it because of your looks. No matter how hard you try to show your skills or effort, people ignore it and focus on your looks. It ends up making you feel worthless inside.
That's people not close to you... with close family members is often gets really nasty. The mother will alternate between acting proud and bragging and getting jealous and cruel when she feels a bit down.

One time when we had a family therapy session (because I was depressed) my mother and stepdad became aware that their constant put downs were having a negative effect upon me and they explained, "We were afraid she'd get a big head because fo her looks, so we have been trying to counter that". They were so afraid I'd end up conceited, they focused on tearing me down all the time.
Then they take me to a shrink and wonder why I have such low self esteem and lack of boundary.

When people are constantly focused on how you look, they often end up overlooking or accepting behaviors that normally they wouldn't. So you can develop character flaws as a result.
Sure there are lots of potential negative effects upon a personality that could come from being considered beautiful.

But, it depends upon many different elements of context and environment. I have met some truly beautiful women that were very, very balanced and confident and wonderful. If they had a good support system at home.

I don't know what "normal" means to you, OP. Nobody is perfect, everyone has weaknesses and problems.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: ketsuko

Are you talking about a woman who is beautiful to everyone else or is convinced of her own beauty?

To the best of men, those two are one and the same.

Oh not so !

It took time to learn to see the vain creatures beneath the veneer, but oh they are vile, ugly and absolutely see themselves as goddesses among mortals. And if it is the best of men who cannot tell the difference, thank the universe I am far from that.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Are you talking about a woman who is beautiful to everyone else or is convinced of her own beauty?

I misread this post the first time, took a second take on what you meant re it.

Which I agree with. And not the original take, thinking you were saying that even the best of men will see a hot chick as just a hot chick, be she herself convinced of her own beauty or continually simply reminded of it by others.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I have this theory God must be a woman because there's no way a man could make women so damn beautiful.

Uhhh, lets not do the "Ok, I'll show you scary things..." part of the post. You can imagine that, using google images, in your own spare time.

Oh DAMN IT. Look what you made me do

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Which I agree with. And not the original take, thinking you were saying that even the best of men will see a hot chick as just a hot chick, be she herself convinced of her own beauty or continually simply reminded of it by others.

Wait... So what take are you agreeing with now? I are confoooosed.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: dfnj2015

No God used to be a woman then a male took over resulting in the current mess.

That should explain all of those prosthetic silicone penises I've seen lately.

But it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Wait... So what take are you agreeing with now? I are confoooosed.

I've agreed with you before. Just not in public
lol

Must be the limbo between christmas and new years.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
A woman's prime beauty lasts around about the same time as her prime fertility. By the time that window begins to close younger/hotter/slimmer women are entering their prime years.

Men's prime fertility lasts much longer hence the commonality of the older man/younger woman combination, and the comparative rarity of the reverse dynamic. The God of Biomechanics is not disavowed.
edit on 27-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

a reply to: antiantonym
Hey, if your born pretty, you deserve all the good things that come with. if your born not as pretty, try to make yourself pretty in life if you want and easier life.

Pretty soon genetic science will make sure everybody will have gorgeous symmetry and proportions to their beauty. What a wonderful world it will be to live in then.

Ahhh, you're so close.
SocialVR is the future.

If you can afford the DLC to your FaceMessenger, you can get the Super Pretty upgrade, with some kewlio ch33t c0dez, like "Consider a drink in the face a free vodka and tonic, and you've successfully completed talking to a chick and got drunk!"

I was unfortunately hacked and someone defaced my $home and now I have a peen on my face and don't go out any more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join