It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gifted a $1 trillion tax windfall from Congress, US companies only pledge $2 billion for workers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Not a loaded headline or anything. Companies should not be "pledging" to give money to workers. That's just stupid. The idea is that a) The USA has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the entire world b) YOU pay corporate taxes, you idiot, and C) The idea is economic growth, not to pad your individual pockets. After all, the large majority of you are ALSO getting a hefty tax break. spend it well. If those former tax dollars go into the economy, in whaEVER form, the economy grows and you benefit. Tax dollars benefit only government workers, bureaucrats who make more than you do already with cadillac benefits programs. Oh, and a TRILLION dollars a year goes into welfare to pay people who contribute nothing in the first place. This tax program is the best thing to hit the American economy in decades, yet the idiots still whine.

A trillion dollars goes to welfare?

Liar.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Just curious.

During the last eight years under the last president when he raised taxes.

Anyone get a check from it?

Record taxes were collected.

Just EXACTLY what do we have to show for it other than snipping bout the tax cut 9 years later?

What "raised taxes" are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: nwtrucker

But as some have said in this thread so far "give it time", that goes both ways. In a year or two this could be the greatest thing ever, but it could also be the worst, maybe even somewhere in-between. I see people heralding this as the best tax plan ever, others saying it's the downfall of America. Why don't we wait more than a week before calling it one way or the other? Going by history I'm inclined to believe it will be bad for the average American in the long run but I have no choice but to sit back and wait to see where it goes. I would advise others to do the same instead of counting their chickens before they hatch.

It would be a far better plan if both parties actually worked together on making it great for Americans.

We can either oppose each other or work with each other.

Which way helps the average American more?

That should guide you in your choice.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Well, despite it not being considered a tax in the legal sense, my tripled healthcare costs that were a legal requirement for me to have so that a single payer system wasn't put in place (aka, a healthcare tax) seem to fit the bill pretty well.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
'What raised taxes!'.

www.atr.org...

Then people whine bout tax cuts.

America SUCKS.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Perhaps people are complaining about the 15% realized taxes the 1% paid.

The only truly "fair" way to pay taxes is a flat tax with no exemptions and no exceptions. (the poor and rich would call for war)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

But as some have said in this thread so far "give it time", that goes both ways. In a year or two this could be the greatest thing ever, but it could also be the worst, maybe even somewhere in-between. I see people heralding this as the best tax plan ever, others saying it's the downfall of America. Why don't we wait more than a week before calling it one way or the other? Going by history I'm inclined to believe it will be bad for the average American in the long run but I have no choice but to sit back and wait to see where it goes. I would advise others to do the same instead of counting their chickens before they hatch.

You make a good point. There are no guarantees this tax program will work. It IS an attempt, though, which is far better and that is what merits celebration, in my books.

It could be flat our wrong, sabotaged, watered down/altered, without doubt.

Many of the pro-responses are reflexed by the gloom and doom crowd, I would guess as well.

We shall see.....

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm also not a billionaire. I don't employ thousands of workers. I'm getting much of a benefit from these cuts either. I'm not getting $ millions in tax cuts.

How are you feeling about these tax cuts? $billions going to the wealthiest? To the corporations? Instead of going back into the country, back into much needed wasted infrastructure?

We'll just continue hoping it'll all trickle down right project?

It's going to trickle down any moment now, right?

So if you're none of those things, that means you aren't contributing as much as they are.

Besides that, I'll rate this thread an A+ in propaganda. You know damn well its gonna take longer than a couple weeks to see the results of this tax plan.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You can be sure of one thing, if it doesn't work out for the people and they end up worse off, the very same people claiming a win at this point will claim Sabotage, and the circle of Bull# will continue, all the while the little people will be getting screwed over.

It's all good Trump can claim he is as innocent as a child believing in Santa 😉

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The road to hell is paved......

You make a good point. There are no guarantees this tax program will work. It IS an attempt, though, which is far better and that is what merits celebration, in my books.

This isn't rocket science, what is is lobby controlled politicians.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who said it was? Not me, that's for sure. Maybe we should hold the same standards for everyone in government? What a novel idea.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Who do you think lobbied for and wrote the tax bill? Not the average American, it was the corporations who lobbied for it and the politicians they paid who wrote it.
edit on 12/26/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: six67seven

Who do you think lobbied for and wrote the tax bill? Not the average American, it was the corporations who lobbied for it and the politicians they paid to write it.

The truth. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

b) YOU pay corporate taxes, you idiot

Real classy. Can't refrain from being nasty and arrogant when in a simple discussion?

I swear, the people at ATS these days. No wonder I come here so rarely now.
edit on 26-12-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Not a loaded headline or anything. Companies should not be "pledging" to give money to workers. That's just stupid. The idea is that a) The USA has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the entire world b) YOU pay corporate taxes, you idiot, and C) The idea is economic growth, not to pad your individual pockets. After all, the large majority of you are ALSO getting a hefty tax break. spend it well. If those former tax dollars go into the economy, in whaEVER form, the economy grows and you benefit. Tax dollars benefit only government workers, bureaucrats who make more than you do already with cadillac benefits programs. Oh, and a TRILLION dollars a year goes into welfare to pay people who contribute nothing in the first place. This tax program is the best thing to hit the American economy in decades, yet the idiots still whine.

Raw materials+labor+taxes+regs+trans do not eqaul cost of products

What does is:

Raw materials+labor+taxes+regs+trans+what the customer is willing to pay=cost of product

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You can be sure of one thing, if it doesn't work out for the people and they end up worse off, the very same people claiming a win at this point will claim Sabotage, and the circle of Bull# will continue, all the while the little people will be getting screwed over.

It's all good Trump can claim he is as innocent as a child believing in Santa 😉

What makes you think this is all that will be done to stimulate economy or growth? More or less, Trump and the Republicans are all in on this move. Much like Dems and the ACA....we all know how that one worked out...

If extra moves are needed, it's a safe bet we will see them, if necessary.

However, it IS good to see guys on the left have recovered from your shell-shock. It was too quite around here after the bill passed.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: RickyD

How does lowering corporate taxes benefit people if there is not job growth (we will see) and no wage growth ( we will see
)?

The cuts are to make the corps more competitive with other countries. Giving pay raises to employees defeats the purpose of this whole thing. This is to make corporations profits grow larger, this means they are more successful and better, somehow.

I personally can attest to the fact that over the past decades, our manufacturing base has had to compete with foreign companies. My own dads steel foundry for example, had to compete with France and Brazil. Yes it does make a difference. Why would any worker want the corporation they work for have to pay higher taxes and have less for 401k, health benefits, salaries, and profit sharing? My dads company had all that. Can liberals please finally use some common sense instead of the typical knee jerk need to make demands for welfare programs?
edit on 27-12-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Billions aren't going anywhere. They're just not being taken.

That's right. Less tax revenue.

Country has a $20 trillion debt. Infrastructure is a mess. Focus could be put towards sorting that mess out but instead it's put towards saving the elite $billion more. It's evident as well nothing much will come of this.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Country has a $20 trillion debt. Infrastructure is a mess. Focus could be put towards sorting that mess out but instead it's put towards saving the elite $billion more. It's evident as well nothing much will come of this.

Cut spending.

Not saddle everyone, including corporations, with more taxes to pay for a bloated government.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Cut spending.

Not saddle everyone, including corporations, with more taxes to pay for a bloated government.

Which spending?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join