It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of The Lying President

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Did you really expect liberals to provide proof?

"Biggest crowd ever."

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

"Biggest crowd ever."

That proves someone can photo shop. Now can we believe those two pics matter one bit? NO, not at all. The results are in and DJT is winning the MAGA war. I might vote for him this time in the primary.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

THe thing about that whole farce is that it made him look incredibly petty, while at the same time making the people arguing against him look just as petty, if not more, when they began to make it more about trolling ridicule than substance and relevance.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh he’s lying alright and most of the time, it’s about as deliberate as a lie can get. If anything, calling him a pathological liar is an understatement.

You people really should quit trying to make excuses for his behavior, it makes you look bad.

Trump is a bold faced liar of epic proportions and for you to even attempt to compare his disorder with childhood innocence is absolutely pathetic.

As I said, repeating the initial claim isn’t proof of anything but your own persistence to spread a lie. You look bad.

No, you’re the one who looks like a fool if you think I’m gonna waste my time proving the falsities of Trump’s daily tweets and orations to you.

If you can’t even identify Trump’s most obvious lies for yourself, I doubt that I’m gonna change anything anyway.

Willful delusion is just that, it’s willful.

No I’m asking you to prove that they are lies, something that you or anyone here has yet to do. As I’ve now stated many times, simply repeating the charge isn’t enough, at least outside the mental kangaroo courts you call news.

What you don’t seem to understand is that neither I nor anyone else is under any obligation to prove to you the fact that Trump is a lying assed son-of-a-bitch.

Most of his lies are easily recognized by anyone with half a brain and if you’re having problems with the rest of them, look them up yourself.

In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s only yourself and other delusional Trumpettes who are having any difficulty distinguishing between his lies and the truth.

I’m beginning to believe you cannot prove a single thing, and you’ve been living a lie for this long. All you have is the sheer force of repetition to justify believing a myth.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Oh he’s lying alright and most of the time, it’s about as deliberate as a lie can get. If anything, calling him a pathological liar is an understatement.

You people really should quit trying to make excuses for his behavior, it makes you look bad.

Trump is a bold faced liar of epic proportions and for you to even attempt to compare his disorder with childhood innocence is absolutely pathetic.

As I said, repeating the initial claim isn’t proof of anything but your own persistence to spread a lie. You look bad.

No, you’re the one who looks like a fool if you think I’m gonna waste my time proving the falsities of Trump’s daily tweets and orations to you.

If you can’t even identify Trump’s most obvious lies for yourself, I doubt that I’m gonna change anything anyway.

Willful delusion is just that, it’s willful.

No I’m asking you to prove that they are lies, something that you or anyone here has yet to do. As I’ve now stated many times, simply repeating the charge isn’t enough, at least outside the mental kangaroo courts you call news.

What you don’t seem to understand is that neither I nor anyone else is under any obligation to prove to you the fact that Trump is a lying assed son-of-a-bitch.

Most of his lies are easily recognized by anyone with half a brain and if you’re having problems with the rest of them, look them up yourself.

In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s only yourself and other delusional Trumpettes who are having any difficulty distinguishing between his lies and the truth.

I’m beginning to believe you cannot prove a single thing, and you’ve been living a lie for this long. All you have is the sheer force of repetition to justify believing a myth.

My answer would be to Flatfish:
If the repetitive idea was true and very worthy, it would be worth repeating like "don't text and drive" or "drink and drive" ads. Simply repeating a lie does not make it true. Repeating it to the masses however, has been show to affect the subconscious of the victims. I see how efficient Hitler's propaganda machine was on good German people who became victims themselves after their usefulness was up. Just as the USSR did to it's useful idiots. Are you a useful idiot by spreading lies? I think history says yes, yes you are.
edit on 27-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
dp

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

"Biggest crowd ever."

That proves someone can photo shop. Now can we believe those two pics matter one bit? NO, not at all. The results are in and DJT is winning the MAGA war. I might vote for him this time in the primary.

This right here. This is why nobody can "prove it's a lie". Because when shown with proof, they completely dismiss it.

And if you cannot find one single instance of this man lying, then you have some issues. But let's follow this train wreck. Would any of you provide proof of Obama lying? Remember now, it has to show intent to deceive by your standards.

(and i'll place bets, i know what the first comment is going to be.....)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

"Biggest crowd ever."

“Now, the audience was the biggest ever. But this crowd was massive. Look how far back it goes. This crowd was massive.”

He did not say biggest crowd ever. According to the NYT article, he said biggest audience ever.

And according to Jim Bourg, the news pictures editor in charge in Washington for Reuters, that photo was taken at 12:01:18 p.m Jan 20th 2017, not 11:04am.

Are you lying?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

"Biggest crowd ever."

This right here. This is why nobody can "prove it's a lie". Because when shown with proof, they completely dismiss it.

And if you cannot find one single instance of this man lying, then you have some issues. But let's follow this train wreck. Would any of you provide proof of Obama lying? Remember now, it has to show intent to deceive by your standards.

Again, that’s not proof he was lying, it was proof his claims were false, misinformed, ignorant to the facts of the matter. I’m not sure how that concept is so difficult to grasp.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

"Biggest crowd ever."

I am taking on issues one at a time not collectively, case by case. Prove something is my take. Like Les, I say prove something that he has lied about during his Presidency so that you would have a legit issue. With parroting 'he lied' not working, you need something.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So then you agree that Hillary being let off for the emails was the right move? I mean that also comes down intent.

Actually, it doesn't: The law that governs the mishandling of classified information does not specify "intent" as an element of the charge.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I know why it's difficult. Because you don't acknowledge what a "lie" is. You're pigeon holing a definition and then just saying "nuh uh" when given opposing documentation. He could come out tomorrow and say the sky is pink and you'd call us all "blue sky deranged". Let's stick with inauguration for a second since that's the picture that came up here.,

“I'm like, wait a minute. I made a speech. I looked out, the field was, it looked like a million, million and a half people.”

The rest of the 20-block area, all the way back to the Washington monument was packed,” Trump claimed.

Here, read this little concise article showing you proof. (although you'll continue to deny it because heavens forbid you ever make a mistake)

Trump Inauguration Lie

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

it was proof his claims were false

Also, this is a pretty good definition of a lie. SMFH

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I know why it's difficult. Because you don't acknowledge what a "lie" is. You're pigeon holing a definition and then just saying "nuh uh" when given opposing documentation. He could come out tomorrow and say the sky is pink and you'd call us all "blue sky deranged". Let's stick with inauguration for a second since that's the picture that came up here.,

“I'm like, wait a minute. I made a speech. I looked out, the field was, it looked like a million, million and a half people.”

The rest of the 20-block area, all the way back to the Washington monument was packed,” Trump claimed.

Here, read this little concise article showing you proof. (although you'll continue to deny it because heavens forbid you ever make a mistake)

Trump Inauguration Lie

You don’t acknowledge what a lie is. You refuse to abide by what law and science considers a lie, and opt for the very last definition of “lie” to prove your false claims. That, according to your standards, makes you a liar.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Ok, now I'm worried you have memory problems. I gave you multiple examples of the definition of a lie. It's not my fault you refuse to accept them. Language is language and you can't change the meaning of words that don't fit your narrative.

You're being unreasonable and therefore it's not worth my time to try to discuss anything with you further.

Please have a safe trip through your delusions.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Ok, now I'm worried you have memory problems. I gave you multiple examples of the definition of a lie. It's not my fault you refuse to accept them. Language is language and you can't change the meaning of words that don't fit your narrative.

You're being unreasonable and therefore it's not worth my time to try to discuss anything with you further.

Please have a safe trip through your delusions.

And I gave you multiple arguments why the more common definition, the standard you refuse to hold to the president, is the accurate definition, and you dismissed them all with a fallacious hand wave. “But it’s in the dictionary!”

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

In my experience, the only time someone will not accept that a lie requires you to know its not true are people who are hell bent on someone being wrong no matter the truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In my experience, the only time someone will not accept that a lie requires you to know its not true are people who are hell bent on someone being wrong no matter the truth.

There is a very big difference between not knowing what you are saying is untrue, and knowing what you are saying is untrue with the intention to deceive others.

I’m not saying Trump doesn’t lie—he was recently speaking to children about the whereabouts of Santa— but that convicting someone as a pathological liar because they said some inaccurate things is dangerous.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

OK here are a few lies.

Trump’s biggest whoppers of 2017

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote because of fraud Millions of illegal votes cost the president the popular vote, Trump told lawmakers in a meeting on Jan. 23

There is no evidence that there were millions of fraudulent ballots cast, let alone enough to make up the nearly 3 million votes separating Clinton and Trump in the popular vote. Voter fraud is extremely rare, and the president appears to have acknowledged the reality of the 2016 election at least once — in legal filings.

“All available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake,” his own lawyers wrote in a court filing opposing the recount efforts by a third party, as posted by The Washington Post.

At least his lawyers agreed it was BS.

America pays the most in taxes "We pay more tax than anybody in the world. We’re going to reduce taxes," Trump said Aug. 10.

This was one of Trump's most frequent complaints on the campaign trail and one of his most repeated falsehoods.

Tax experts say that no matter how you do the math, Americans do not pay more in taxes than their international peers.

Trump also claimed repeatedly that America is the highest-taxed nation in the world. It’s not, according to the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan think tank.

So he keeps repeating lies.

Tax reform will 'cost me a fortune' Tax reform “is going to cost me a fortune — this thing, believe me, believe me, this is not good for me,” the president told a Missouri crowd on Nov. 29.

This is false. An NBC News analysis of the House tax plan — the only piece of tax-related legislation that had passed in Congress at the time of Trump's statement — found that it would personally save the president $20 million. His family was estimated to save more than $1 billion based on his reported wealth and his 2005 tax return, the only publicly available return. The tax bill has been modified since then, but the president still stands to gain personally: His limited liability companies will be taxed at a lower rate, thanks to the changes on how pass-through income is treated, while the larger commercial real estate industry is expected to significantly benefit.

All False statements involving Donald Trump

"Black homeownership just hit the highest level it has ever been in the history of our country."
— Donald Trump on Friday, December 8th, 2017 in a rally in Pensacola, Fla.

Our ruling

Trump said, "Black homeownership just hit the highest level it has ever been in the history of our country." In reality, the black homeownership rate peaked in 2004 and has fallen almost every year since, due in large part to the Great Recession and its aftermath. We rate the statement False.

He seems to pull numbers out of the blue.

Insurance companies "have made a fortune with Obamacare." — Donald Trump on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 in a tweet

Our ruling
Trump said insurance companies have made a fortune with Obamacare. The White House cited the companies’ surging profits as proof.

But just because insurers made billions since the time when the Affordable Care Act took effect, doesn’t mean that the ACA delivered those profits. Most of the companies had steep losses on the Obamacare exchanges and got out.

Every report we saw and every expert we reached said insurers made their huge profits elsewhere, largely through their work in the large group or employer-based market or through the Medicare Advantage program. The expansion of Medicaid, another part of Obamacare also helped, but to a smaller degree.

The fortune that Trump cited didn’t come from Obamacare.

We rate this claim False.

"We have one senator who’s a ‘yes’ vote ... but he’s in the hospital. And he’s a ‘yes’ vote. So we can’t do it by Friday. So we have the votes" to pass a health care bill. — Donald Trump on Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 in an interview

Our ruling
Trump said Senate Republicans would have enough votes to pass health care reform but for a hospitalized senator who’s unable to cast the deciding vote.

At most, Senate Republicans have 49 "yes" votes — that’s short of the majority they need to pass the latest health care overhaul. This shortfall would not be overcome even with a "yes" vote from Cochran, who is not hospitalized, but rather recuperating at home after receiving medical treatment.

We rate this False.

I remember this lie and that senator coming out the next day and saying he was not in the hospital.

"We stopped traffic coming through -- 78 percent." — Donald Trump on Monday, August 28th, 2017 in a press conference

Our ruling
Trump said, "We stopped traffic coming through -- 78 percent."

Though Trump’s claim is vague, he’s made similar remarks about the border being "down 78 percent" and being "close to 80 percent stoppage." But the latest figures available for southwest border apprehensions do not support his claim. Only cherry-picked data would yield a 76 percent decline in apprehensions. Available information regarding drug seizures do not show a 78 percent decline, either.

We rate Trump’s claim False.

Again appears to be pulling numbers out of his butt.

There are 8 pages of lies.

All Pants on Fire! statements involving Donald Trump
4 pages here of utterly ridiculous lies.

It is not that he lies, it is the amount he does and for the reasons. He lies daily and he lies about everything .

The fact remains, if Trump is tweeting or moving his mouth..it is probably a lie. So when he says things, like there is nothing there or it is fake news, it means there is something to it.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

There is a very big difference between not knowing what you are saying is untrue, and knowing what you are saying is untrue with the intention to deceive others.

You are basically saying that Trump is an idiot and doesn't know any better. Kind of like a child.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join