It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of The Lying President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
All I got from this was you attempting to glorify how Trump carries himself. Yes we get it, he butts his way into everything, he stomps all over people to get his point across. To be honest, the reason I don't like Trump is because he's wrongfully smug, arrogant and carries himself like he's Alexander the Great or Julius Caesar. The man is only 'good' at what he does because he delegates in a crude manner. The manner of rich white man.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
To be honest, the reason I don't like Trump is because he's wrongfully smug, arrogant

This about sums it up for me. I am a rather humble man, and am put off by smug arrogance (although my personality makes me more bemused with it, like a cat wanting to play with a mouse).

If the loud roar of nonsense against Trump wasn't more off putting, i'd be railing against him daily here. The topic of this thread is a good example. Lies that matter to me are the ones that involve enacting sweeping legislation or putting us at war. Not crowd size, or matters of opinion.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If the loud roar of nonsense against Trump wasn't more off putting, i'd be railing against him daily here.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Nonsense?
Care to go into detail?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

To be honest, the reason I don't like Trump is because he's wrongfully smug, arrogant

This about sums it up for me. I am a rather humble man, and am put off by smug arrogance (although my personality makes me more bemused with it, like a cat wanting to play with a mouse).

If the loud roar of nonsense against Trump wasn't more off putting, i'd be railing against him daily here. The topic of this thread is a good example. Lies that matter to me are the ones that involve enacting sweeping legislation or putting us at war. Not crowd size, or matters of opinion.

Your lying!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
people in power manipulate facts to suit their agenda. always have, always will. it's not a left/right issue. it's a by-product of power-tripping human narcissistic ego. it's why i vote for nobody. it's why nothing will EVER change under the current system.

people lie. big people lie bigger. little people choose which lies they prefer.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh he’s lying alright and most of the time, it’s about as deliberate as a lie can get. If anything, calling him a pathological liar is an understatement.

You people really should quit trying to make excuses for his behavior, it makes you look bad.

Trump is a bold faced liar of epic proportions and for you to even attempt to compare his disorder with childhood innocence is absolutely pathetic.

edit on 26-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You seem to be focusing on the numbers...
When in actuality that was just one of a myriad of examples I could have chosen from.

Character... is what I am discussing.
A blatant and consistent bullsh*tter either has no character at all, or has a terrible one...

Bush & Obama...
Their lies were considerably worse, in many ways.
I’d never argue to the contrary on that...

However I was questioning the fabric of their characters over a decade ago (in regards to Bush), and since about 2009 (in regards to Obama)...
Now, it’s 2018 (almost), and sadly I have yet another world leader who’s character assessment fails in so many regards, but maybe none of those questionable aspects as dangerous as the one we are discussing... ie the ability to spout out any kind of bullsh*t he wishes followed by an army or trolls and others so quick to deflect, ignore or defend.

Thusly, the numbers are nothing.
It’s the (bountiful amount of) lies that define the character that I find worrying...
Simply because I’ve lived long enough to see political pricks who have the ability to deceive lead us all into a world of horror.

The only thing that could be said is that maybe we are past the point of no return and the POTUS becoming 100% honest still wouldn’t turn this horror around for planet Earth.

If that’s the case, it really matters not whether he is dishonest or not.

It’d be silly & nihilistic to completely right our future off though, so maybe we start to hold him to a better standard.
Just in case.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Oh he’s lying alright and most of the time, it’s about as deliberate as a lie can get. If anything, calling him a pathological liar is an understatement.

You people really should quit trying to make excuses for his behavior, it makes you look bad.

Trump is a bold faced liar of epic proportions and for you to even attempt to compare his disorder with childhood innocence is absolutely pathetic.

Far better this comes out, I like it when people out themselves like this, it is useful for future conversation ,the same reason I think racists and other filth should have a platform to call themselves out from.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

No , he is Only Misconscrewed Sometimes........)
edit on 26-12-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Far better this comes out, I like it when people out themselves like this, it is useful for future conversation ,the same reason I think racists and other filth should have a platform to call themselves out from.

Well I’m glad I made that perfectly clear for you, I wouldn’t want any misunderstandings about where I stand when it comes to giving Trump the benefit of the doubt about pretty much anything, anymore.

Trump is a walking, talking lie. He’s an authentic fraud in every sense of the word and nothing he says can be accepted as factual anymore, at least not without “extreme vetting.” He speaks in terms of opposites where more often than not, the truth is the exact opposite of what he is asserting.

The fact that his supporters not only refuse to see it for what it is, but instead continue to make excuses for his behavior is nothing short of willful delusion.

I hope I’ve been perfectly clear with you about where I stand when it comes to Trump’s lies and unorthodox behavior, both now and in the foreseeable future.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

First - with the use of the terms "you folks" you have belittled yourself to the point of no return
Second - with the posting of your own ideology , with nothing to back it up , you drag yourself down to bottom line

Look up 2 words in an English dictionary - Inane and Tripe

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

First - with the use of the terms "you folks" you have belittled yourself to the point of no return
Second - with the posting of your own ideology , with nothing to back it up , you drag yourself down to bottom line

For starters, I didn’t say “you folks,” I said “you people” and you know who you are. Apparently I hit a nerve with you.

Secondly, that wasn’t my ideology, it was my opinion based on Trump’s day to day words and actions which happen to be indicative of someone suffering from one or more mental disorders.

And lastly, “You” drag down yourself, the nation and the world when you defend Trump’s behavior.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You left your self wide open didn't you?

If those aren't the perfect descriptions of the twitter in chief, I don't know what is....especially "inane"
edit on 26-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Comparing Trumps lying to a child's beleif in Santa.
Sums it all up perfectly.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Nonsense?
Care to go into detail?

Anything ranging from Russian hookers peeing on him to constant accusations of racism (using hearsay quotes) to the leaking of unmasked information that seems to potentially be obtained through fraudulent means via a FISA warrant.

When he actually gets us in a war, or actually forces me to pay 3x's the price for a degraded version of a commodity I already have, then ill get into worrying more about Trump.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

You seem to be focusing on the numbers...
When in actuality that was just one of a myriad of examples I could have chosen from.

Character... is what I am discussing.
A blatant and consistent bullsh*tter either has no character at all, or has a terrible one...

Bush & Obama...
Their lies were considerably worse, in many ways.
I’d never argue to the contrary on that...

However I was questioning the fabric of their characters over a decade ago (in regards to Bush), and since about 2009 (in regards to Obama)...
Now, it’s 2018 (almost), and sadly I have yet another world leader who’s character assessment fails in so many regards, but maybe none of those questionable aspects as dangerous as the one we are discussing... ie the ability to spout out any kind of bullsh*t he wishes followed by an army or trolls and others so quick to deflect, ignore or defend.

Thusly, the numbers are nothing.
It’s the (bountiful amount of) lies that define the character that I find worrying...
Simply because I’ve lived long enough to see political pricks who have the ability to deceive lead us all into a world of horror.

The only thing that could be said is that maybe we are past the point of no return and the POTUS becoming 100% honest still wouldn’t turn this horror around for planet Earth.

If that’s the case, it really matters not whether he is dishonest or not.

It’d be silly & nihilistic to completely right our future off though, so maybe we start to hold him to a better standard.
Just in case.

Im an accountant....of course i focus on the numbers.

The trolls that you refer to are a response. That response would likely die down were there to be honesty beginning in media. Thats the source of the rub: that media did everything, including outright lying, to sink a candidate with popular support. The collusion that should be talked about is collusion between both elected and unelected officials and our "free press". There should be a light shone on how information is obtained, peddled, and leveraged within what passes for journalism. Because the conflation known as "Russian collusion" sealed the Trump presidency as his fans began to see the entire system weighing down on them and their champion.

I have to admit that were Trump not so repulsive as a person I would have joined his ranks just based on the middle finger he was leading with. Its a personification of rural rage at being taxed more, having our jobs shipped off shore, and being offered welfare and dwindling unemployment as the cake offered by the prior administration.

He wasn't raised up in the halls of a debate class. He's a salesman, and tends to act just like the typical land developer that i've dealt with in the past. Slimey snakes that they tend to be. His past dealings betray this typical trait of his craft. And he leads our nation in the same way. He's trying to sell people on an idea, on his brand, on his reputation, etc, etc. Until media decided to eviscerate him for winning his party ticket, he was rather popular among the American populace for these traits. People loved the bravado (and loved to laugh at him).

Nonetheless, im not holding him to any standard. I didn't vote for him, and I doubt I will vote for him. Im just along for the show, and to comment on the things I find interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

As I said, repeating the initial claim isn’t proof of anything but your own persistence to spread a lie. You look bad.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Finally someone gets it, trump says or tweets a lie, the left wing media makes a huge story about it, the right wing media blames hillary and obama for what trump said.

And trump sycophants make threads to tell us how they feel about it.

Did i get it right this time.

No, but do you get it right any time?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

...his fans began to see the entire system weighing down on them and their champion.

Yep.
& no one was any the wiser to the fact that the system knew that whatever they did, it would be opposed vastly, due to the knowledge that we have reached the peak of distrust in the system...

To me, it was the largest mass reverse psychology programme ever put into place.

System: The masses hate us and will automatically oppose our agenda. Let’s go for scorched Earth on “the outsider”.
The masses: Hey the system hates him, let’s support him no matter what he says.
The system: Suckers.

The sad thing to me is that the masses didn’t realise this, and a great many still don’t.
It’s like they think they’re smarter and more well prepared than the system, and even worse they firmly believe that they’ve upset the apple cart.

& yet here we are a year and a half later, and literally nothing has changed, besides the few scraps that were recently tossed to the serfs.

It’s absolutely crazy to me.

When he actually gets us in a war, or actually forces me to pay 3x's the price for a degraded version of a commodity I already have, then ill get into worrying more about Trump.

It’ll be way too late by then.

And to not hold him to a standard, just because you didn’t vote for him...
That’s basically ignoring the fact that he holds your world, and the world around you, in the palm of his hand...

It’d be wise to hold him to some sort of standard before he decides that this isn’t the world he wishes to sustain.
Which again, will be way too late to prevent or reverse if he ever does choose his ideal world is worth pushing for...

Bush did that... a little bit.
Obama did that... a little bit.
& a lot of the stuff they did is now irreversible.

After 6 or 7 POTUSs do little things...
The actual size of the change made in reality is humungous.

All because people decided to “worry” about it after the fact.

Do you see what I’m getting at?
& the patterns I’m trying to highlight?

In 3 years you can vote him out...
& along will come the next one.

But the imprint will be long lasting...
That is the entire agenda.

A lame duck to the masses is still a hero to the true masters.
edit on 26-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join