It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of The Lying President

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No one is leaving our relationship over this.

Correct; they are using it as an opportunity to warn us that they do not approve of the direction our country is going.

Again, why should we care? Sovereignty is a concept that I have not yet forgotten.

Why should we care? Its like we have some people in the US who want nothing more than to impress EUrope and get their approval. Why?

Why do we have to make everyone happy? WHere did this mindset come from?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not "liar," delusional. That will ultimately be his defense when he goes down.

Go down in 7 years...lol

We gave Obama 6 years before we finally said WTF you suck... Lets give Trump a couple of years at least, what do you think?

I think we can't afford to take that risk.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Not "liar," delusional. That will ultimately be his defense when he goes down.

Go down in 7 years...lol

We gave Obama 6 years before we finally said WTF you suck... Lets give Trump a couple of years at least, what do you think?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Can you name a couple of things he has done/is doing that leads you to think this?

The economy is booming, I guess that is bad...

You will get more back in your taxes now...bad bad

Companies will be able to grow expand create new jobs... bad bad bad

We are not at war or even look like we are going to war with Russia, China, NK.....bad bad bad bad

We are going back to space....oh really really bad

Give me a few of your baddies...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
I think you are lying to defend a person who lies.

It is justifications like the OP that give Trump supporters a bad name.

Look. I voted for Trump and I have seen plenty of mis-truths come from his lips. Politicians do it no matter which side of the isle.

I would say quit trying to justify Trumps lies but I just don't see that happening for some reason.

But, you said all politicians do it. So, wouldn't him being a poli tician automatically justify his lies according to you?

Also, you voted for him, and you continue to support him right? You didnt become offended or surprised at his mistruths and drop your support, because you were expecting him to lie, right?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It boils down to globalism/urbanism vs nationalism/ruralism. The US is pretty firmly divided along these lines.

And while everyone wants to blame Obama for the swing into Trump, some of that blame needs to fall on Bush as well. The "right" has been clammoring for someone to address domestic policy for a change. The last president who even tried was Clinton, and it was half assed at best.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Trump falsely claims he broke legislative record

I wonder why Trump is so insecure, he feels the need to lie about things that anyone can look up in the public record.

I also wonder at his supporters that protect Trump and his obsessive lying and make off the wall lame excuses... I don't think that's all that healthy imo.

www.rawstory.com...

www.psychologytoday.com...
edit on 28-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Can you name a couple of things he has done/is doing that leads you to think this?

The economy is booming, I guess that is bad...

You will get more back in your taxes now...bad bad

Companies will be able to grow expand create new jobs... bad bad bad

We are not at war or even look like we are going to war with Russia, China, NK.....bad bad bad bad

We are going back to space....oh really really bad

Give me a few of your baddies...

Are you kidding right now? Ever since Trump was elected, just about every gay, disabled, female, muslim, or minority has been shipped off to Trumps concentration camps, just like everyone tried to warn us! The entire staff of CNN got taken out and shot in their front yards during the Purge.

LoL buncha drama queens i swear...

In REAL news, people are openly calling for extermination of Whites with very little to no opposition.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It goes a bit beyond a president lying to make himself look good though doesn't it? Hence all the threads and debates.

You said yourself he reminds you of the snakes in the construction industry you've worked with, add that to his seemingly irrational decision making and dreadful attempts at diplomacy and things do not look good.

I'm not American so I don't really have a horse in this race anyways until he actually does drag the coalition into a war, not wanting to go off topic I'll just say I've got plenty opinions on that too.

North Korea is on the other side of the ocean from you, for the past 20 years they haven't gotten far until recently on their ambitions, at one point they fully halted projects when the West (America) looked willing to try diplomacy.

They've been sanctioned for a long time...

So I've got to ask what did you expect the last three administrations to do?

Do you want Trump impeached because of what you are afraid might happen or something?

Tbh he is just a face of a multi-faceted beast that's bigger than America. However I once toyed with the idea of having a businessman leading the US, it could work.

As it stands though you picked one of the worst.

I don't want him impeached, just like the Op I'm not a US citizen. I do however want the leader of the free world to be a reasonable man that's rational and plays the game in a stable manner.

I'm not seeing that and as the leader of the free world he kinda has billions depending on him being a leader...

I wouldn't assemble a shelving unit with him let alone have him lead me.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump falsely claims he broke legislative record

I wonder why Trump is so insecure, he feels the need to lie about things that anyone can look up in the public record.

www.rawstory.com...

Maybe you just notice it when Trump does it.

Maybe you would be insecure too, reading and hearing terrible lies about you and your family from what is supposed to be a respectful truthful institution, our news media.

Maybe he has access to information that leads him to believe his statement is true. Maybe the "public information anybody can easily access" is not the highest quality, most accurate information.

Maybe it was a 1 dimensional chess move only the insiders understand.

Nah its Only Trump, and it's Only because hes stupid and bad for our country.

I think you pose an interesting question. I don't buy that it was an accidental oversight or an intentional lie. Maybe if you take all of Trumps Obviously Incorrect tweets (was it a tweet?) maybe there is a code lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It boils down to globalism/urbanism vs nationalism/ruralism. The US is pretty firmly divided along these lines.

And while everyone wants to blame Obama for the swing into Trump, some of that blame needs to fall on Bush as well. The "right" has been clammoring for someone to address domestic policy for a change. The last president who even tried was Clinton, and it was half assed at best.

Very true, are we a nation or are we a part of some NWO. When I look at Obama's trillion dollar stimulus I see 100s of billion wasted on things that he thought were good but turned out to be failures. I also see Trump inheriting a lot of crap from both Obama and Bush, but all the blame is on him now. If anything it was on Obama's watch that started all the anti-police riots, 99%ers, Antifa Anarchist etc but its Trump's fault.

One thing people need to realize is Trump won with only 27% of the vote, but people keep talking about all these Trumpsters etc and that is just not the case. Its not like Hillary would have fared any better if she had won with her 28%.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

You said yourself he reminds you of the snakes in the construction industry you've worked with, add that to his seemingly irrational decision making and dreadful attempts at diplomacy and things do not look good.

"Irrational decision making" can you name some? What country that he went to treated him anything short of a rock star? Can you name a country that speaks ill will of him? Lol even the President of France pushed his way though other leaders to get a photo op with him. His Asian trip was highly successful etc I'm missing the whole "dreadful attempts at diplomacy" part here...

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It goes a bit beyond a president lying to make himself look good though doesn't it? Hence all the threads and debates.

If it were truth, there would be no debate. Most of the threads relate to innuendo.

Except where he's just lying to make himself look better. He's not good at it...Obama was. Its the only real difference.

So I've got to ask what did you expect the last three administrations to do?

One thing i've learned dealing with bullys and raising kids: if you make an act to placate a lunatic, you just have to keep doing it. Look at the UK and how they handled Hitler. It didn't work out so well to keep trying the route of appeasement.

WHy would anyone expect appeasement to result in a desired outcome in North Korea? Why have the mightiest nation on Earth if you are going to let lunatics force you into appeasement?

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

"Irrational decision making" can you name some? What country that he went to treated him anything short of a rock star? Can you name a country that speaks ill will of him? Lol even the President of France pushed his way though other leaders to get a photo op with him. His Asian trip was highly successful etc I'm missing the whole "dreadful attempts at diplomacy" part here...

Europeans have a much, much different view of the world than we do in the US.

Our assertions in diplomacy are, to them, off putting. To many in the US its DJT doing what he said he'd do: negotiate for a better position.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I said seemingly irrational decision making. It's not for me to rationalise his decisions.

Then this being ATS I do question just how much leg room a leader gets on his/her so called decisions.

Photo opportunities mean nothing, formal meetings that are planned way in advance mean little to diplomacy too.

But if you want examples heck I guess I could just mention that China is good, Xi is a good friend and China will sort North Korea out bigly.

No British state visit? Shame about his Britain First "mistake" but hey, you can't please all of them can you?

But that's his own decorum I guess... How about no aid for those unwilling to support Israel?

What's I on about.... His diplomacy and decorum is flawless for a puppet just like US diplomacy is awesome for a country that treats nations like hedge funds.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Britain will warm up....they are wanting the trade agreements with us.

The little snafu's that you mention are merely new fodder to give the schmucks running the press something to print. I'd hazard a guess that 99% of what is actual diplomacy is kept securely out of public view.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

One thing i've learned dealing with bullys and raising kids: if you make an act to placate a lunatic, you just have to keep doing it. Look at the UK and how they handled Hitler. It didn't work out so well to keep trying the route of appeasement. 

Well it's all just opinion until someone goose steps into the Rhineland and I've thought a lot about how much appeasement or dictating to was done before WWII.

I never once said appease North Korea anyways, nobody has. So it's not even a notable point.

WHy would anyone expect appeasement to result in a desired outcome in North Korea? Why have the mightiest nation on Earth if you are going to let lunatics force you into appeasement?

Sovereignty as a concept is an all or nothing kind of thing, the US appeases nobody ever... Well, Israel. But that's different.

As a nation you played mine in WWII, you played us after too. Whether it was loans, state secrets or eventually and begrudgingly working with us on nuclear technology.

I don't like appeasement, but then when it comes to the figures of WWII people don't tend to think Churchill was an appeaser.

Apologies for going a bit off topic but I felt I should make my point on my stance in regards to the nature of the topic.

Appeasement.

Lunatic or not Korea had a new Kim, what's happened happened but nobody ever appeased to the North and especially not the US.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Indeed.

More decisions made in the publics interest by those who care the most

Nothing is really changing but then I'm guessing I'll have to try be the change I see. Not to drag it off topic but I'd honestly love to see a world revolution in trade whilst screwing over the corporations who care nought about individual or national sovereignty.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well it's all just opinion until someone goose steps into the Rhineland and I've thought a lot about how much appeasement or dictating to was done before WWII.

I never once said appease North Korea anyways, nobody has. So it's not even a notable point.

Its what has been done to date. They'd complain and make their threats (the talking heads like to call it "Sabre rattling", but thats just dumb hyperbole), we would shuttle aid to them to keep their broken government afloat.

I won't try to defend what the US has done to other nations. In retrospect its pretty obvious we played WWII the way we did for a reason: to claim the lions share at the end. In the process we screwed over EUrope, and flat out stole the German patent office.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Mate if I starved my pet then gave it food once a week or maybe twice if it's good I'd be locked up.

I'd deserve to be.

I do not call giving vital aid or even blocking others giving it for that matter appeasement.

It's far from it.

As I've always said, we need to be humane about Korea, calling aid supplies appeasement is down right offensive to anybody who's had to accept aid before.

I'm not talking food stamps either...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join