It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Groening simpsons creator Is A Time Traveler

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I saw this video the other day of Pat McAfee talking about Matt Groening being a time traveler.

I have never watched his show but thought this video was interesting and fun.

He touches on all the things in the show that seem like predictions, alot of them I had heard before but there are some I had never heard of.

He makes a compelling argument.

Warning language.

What do you think is he a time traveler? he even made a show called futurerama lol.

edit on 26-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

How could you have never watched The Simpsons? Not even one episode?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

How could you have never watched The Simpsons? Not even one episode?

I never watched the pat Mcaffee show.. Of course I have watched the Simpsons. lol

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oh lol! Sorry for my misunderstanding.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This would explain all the Simpson's productions.
He must be a terrible time traveler he could have warned us about Seth Mac Farlane before it was too late.

~Morpheus

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the mathematical equation for the higgs boson exists pretty much since it was theorized in the 60s.

The video is full of inaccuracies, the Trump stuff in the 2000s was just a name mention, the actual drawing of trump coming down the mechanical escalator was done for a Youtube short after Trump did it.

Concepts for video calls exist for at least 1930s and so on...

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I'm pretty sure the mathematical equation for the higgs boson exists pretty much since it was theorized in the 60s.

The video is full of inaccuracies, the Trump stuff in the 2000s was just a name mention, the actual drawing of trump coming down the mechanical escalator was done for a Youtube short after Trump did it.

Concepts for video calls exist for at least 1930s and so on...

The 9/11 reference with the towers as the 11 is pretty uncanny though.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I was watching an episode of 'Star Talk' with Neil DeGrasse Tyson the other day, which was about how surprisingly accurate the scientific method on the 'Family Guy' tends to be.

Neil brought up the Simpsons and pointed out how often extremely complex mathematical equations are randomly deplicted in the background and such, like on a scoreboard at a football game, or scribbled on the school blackboard... ect.

Apparently he investigated it and found out that theirs a lot of extremely intelligent and very well educated people who work on the Simpsons episodes and they just add these things in for pure personal amusement.

Anyway, I think thats all your seeing, its just the thoughts and ideas of (probably) hundreds of different people, some of which have become a reality.

You'd kind of expect that though, after like 25 years and 650 episodes.

Its not Matt Groening writing out each episode every week with his amazing revelations of the future.. lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It could also be synchronicity or subconscious expressions of the collective unconscious.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If something HAS happened or WILL happen in the world, you can bet the Simpsons have portrayed it somewhere along the way.

"Simpsons did it!" - some South Park episode...lol

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Pokémon had video calls on their series back then too. Are they time travelers? Should we expect to keep animals in capsules sometime in the near future?

Back to the future and the Jetsons also had it back in the 80s
edit on 26-12-2017 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
OK, where to start:

1. Siegfried and Roy tiger attack. Two men living in extravagant splendor with several tigers is ripe for satire, and I dare say any one of us could have come up with the plot line of one of the tigers suddenly attacking. No time travel necessary.

2. Faulty voting machines. This has been alleged since the 2004 election (remember Ohio and Diebold?), and probably before. That the Simpsons are joking about it in 2008 is hardly surprising.

3. Government spying. Oh please — this has been a staple in comedy long before the Patriot Act, Edward Snowden and the NSA.

4. Ebola outbreak. There have been a number of outbreaks since the first one in 1976, including one in 1995 not too long before this Simpsons episode. This is the one they are commenting on, not predicting the 2014 outbreak.

5. Greece financial crisis. The Simpsons didn’t have to time travel to 2015 in order to satirize this in 2012 as Greece in particular was having an especially tough time since 2009 as a result of the Great Recession.

6. Disney owning Fox. Disney had just completed a rash of mergers/acquisitions just prior to this episode, including Miramax, ABC/ESPN, and the Anaheim Angels baseball team. Coming up with the joke about acquiring Fox was not exactly a stretch.

7. Lady Gaga and Donald Trump. On the surface, these appear rather compelling, or at least interesting coincidences. I’m not sure that it’s either the former or the latter. It doesn’t take time travel to come up with the scenario of a Trump presidential candidacy or a Super Bowl halftime with Ms. Gaga. The Simpsons showing the exact scenarios (Trump waving from the escalator; Gaga suspended on wires) suggests planners for both of them were familiar with the Simpsons and wanted to have some fun.

edit on 27-12-2017 by Monsieur Neary because: Typos

edit on 27-12-2017 by Monsieur Neary because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
the problem with " simpsons predicted " claims =

1 - people are trawling over 30 years of content

2 - people ignore everything that the simpsons got wrong [ they have made many actual predictions - that have clearly failed ]

3 - the vagueness of " predictions " that are claimed to have " come true "

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
I saw this video the other day of Pat McAfee talking about Matt Groening being a time traveler.

He touches on all the things in the show that seem like predictions, alot of them I had heard before but there are some I had never heard of.

Warning language.

What do you think is he a time traveler? he even made a show called futurerama lol.

I don't know if this beats the Trump is the 2nd coming of Christ or not in the mental illness category or not. Close call. Maybe not a new low for ATS but it is up there. This site will never be taken seriously with so many crackpot theories.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrobee

originally posted by: notsure1

Warning language.

I don't know if this beats the Trump is the 2nd coming of Christ or not in the mental illness category or not. Close call. Maybe not a new low for ATS but it is up there. This site will never be taken seriously with so many crackpot theories.

LOL its in skunkworks and its fun.. Lighten the eff up

Or would you rather talk about Trumo some more?
edit on 27-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's good fun but there a few clinging at straw ears most mentioned above.

The NSA thing is completely wrong though, it was in the Simpsons movie and was common knowledge a long time prior, the whole thing, massive data collection of everyone in the hope they will catch the one bad egg was perfect for that moment but it was written with the rumours at the time.

The guy on the video is one of those who thinks talking loud and fast with unnecessary swearing equals comedy, the content has been on YouTube for years, plagiarism.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
No i think he just spends time and writes that serie with deities or spirits that can see future, they give him ideas which he put to the show, he doesnt himself surely know what of those will be truth and which ones not, hes sorta ghostwriter, sorta prophet, definetly not from "future"

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I think these similarities are interesting trivia, but, I do not think of them as predictions. There are a few that tickle my imagination I admit, but not many...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join