It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its now politically incorrect to say Happy Holidays we need to put Santa back into Christmas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Feliz Navidad

Let the anti Merry Christmas people figure it out.
edit on 12/26/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: carewemust

A Canadian government website claims that global warming is forcing Santa Claus to relocate his toy-making village to the South Pole.

my sources tell me that the Canadians forced santa down on his return trip and he's being held as an illegal immigrant... waiting deportation to australia.... don't ask about the poor reindeer (RIP Rudolf) ....

everyone knows that santa and the reindeer can't fly unless they have an abundant supply of the special mushrooms that are only grown in the northern most part of the globe... so if santa is successfully deported, that will be the end of chris-mas, the christians will have won, and it will be Merry Christ Mass.

From what I've read here on ATS, the Canadian government had a bad 2017 on several fronts. But this one takes the cake!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: dfnj2015

Happy Holidays is plural. When Xmas ends and New Years is left do we than say Happy Holiday? Or do we separate New Years from the other holidays? I'm so confused.

Last week I wished folks a merry Christmas, this week I will bid them a happy New Year. If they're freaky deeky and celebrate something other than those two traditional holidays, then they're on their own.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You do realize that this all much ado about nothing? I mean, seriously, does anybody really care? I say what I want, when I want just like I always have. And nobody cares. As they shouldn't.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

You do realize that this all much ado about nothing? I mean, seriously, does anybody really care? I say what I want, when I want just like I always have. And nobody cares. As they shouldn't.

Isn't that the truth....

I think it's the right wing that just needs an issue. There is no war on Christmas except in their mind. Really, Really sad, believe me!!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Not necessarily, as Santa is also often referred to as Saint Nicholas, in reference to Saint Nicholas of Myra and Bari. Thus you would have a highly religious figure, who is revered in 2 major denominations of faith, one being Catholics and the other being the Orthodox church's.

Orthodoxy and Catholicism are both Christian faiths that have very similar ideas about Jesus and Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How about this?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yeah, it is a big deal being made over nothing important.

I have talked to people who are upset about the "Merry Christmas" greeting not being accepted by everyone.

I just tell them it's freedom of speech and say the greeting you like. I think some see it as an attack on Christianity.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's a ridiculous post. At least spell Santa Claus correctly if you're going to make a troll attempt.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The problem only occurs when people feel offended when others (private stores, etc.) promote the religious aspect of Christmas. Which, by the way, is what Christmas is...a religious holiday.

And before you say that doesn't happen, I have a coworker who is easily triggered, and she was complaining out loud one day that she can't go shopping without seeing the words "Merry Christmas" everywhere and says that (as a non-Christian) she should not be forced to see that in the stores she wants to shop in, but she has no choice because it seems every store does it.

So in her case (and she may be an exception, but I think that exception exists more than some of us realize), she would rather that the people who own stores --- some of whom may be Christians celebrating their holiday --- should not openly display their religion, because it is offensive to people like her who may not be religious.

edit on 2017/12/26 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
The problem only occurs when people feel offended when others (private stores, etc.) promote the religious aspect of Christmas. Which, by the way, is what Christmas is...a religious holiday.

people didn't have a problem with 'happy holidays' when i was a kid. we said it all the time. christmas decorations said happy holidays, ffs.

i can tell you personally, when i worked in retail a few years ago, i got equally as many dirty looks whether i said merry christmas or happy holidays. the real losers in this pissing contests are the poor souls who have to say SOMETHING, and get the blowback from every tenth person who thinks it's a referendum on what a corporation thinks about them.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This kind of silliness is why I propose a new greeting during this time of year.

Merry Happy chrisma-kwanza-kah-tide

If that leaves you out, then I can't help you.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You do realize that Christmas is based upon a pagan holiday right?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

But you include your upbringing when recognizing others rights to have a commercial christmas. Thats what the Corporations depend on, thats why they conjoined the two in our early upbringing.

I didn't say I recognize their right to have a commercial Christmas. The idea of "cultural appropriation" is almost always considered a negative, and I'm saying that borrowing the gift-giving portion of the holiday from Christians, and then taking the Christian meaning out of that holiday gift-giving, could be considered cultural appropriation.

Is that like saying we didn't invade Iraq, we intervened on humanitarian grounds?

Yes the corruption invaded christmas, turned it into a venture, just like Iraq.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

That was kind of my point.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

people didn't have a problem with 'happy holidays' when i was a kid. we said it all the time. christmas decorations said happy holidays, ffs.

i can tell you personally, when i worked in retail a few years ago, i got equally as many dirty looks whether i said merry christmas or happy holidays. the real losers in this pissing contests are the poor souls who have to say SOMETHING, and get the blowback from every tenth person who thinks it's a referendum on what a corporation thinks about them.

The losers are the ones who care what the exact words are when someone wishes them well.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: fiverx313

The losers are the ones who care what the exact words are when someone wishes them well.

There are people who want to be offended (for themselves or on behalf of others) and try really hard to be offended, and wear that "being offended" as a badge of honor.

In that vein, there are people who try hard to be offended by someone else saying "Merry Christmas" because (in their eyes) that someone else "dared" to assume that they celebrated Christmas, and thus take offenses to that assumption of a religious belief.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
[

This is a must read article from cracked..

“The true meaning of Christmas”..

since before recorded history, humans have been celebrating that day with a feast, or festival, or outright debauchery. On that longest night before the frozen mini-apocalypse, in all times and places, you would find light and song and dancing and food. Cattle would be slaughtered (to avoid having to feed all of them through the winter), families would travel to be together, and wine would flow. Precious supplies were dedicated to making decorations and gifts -- frivolous things, good for nothing other than making people happy.

ex]These celebrations went by many names over the millennia, and everyone did it their own way. But deep down, I think the message was always the same: "We made it through another year, some of us won't see spring, so let's spend a few days reminding each other of what's good about humanitya reply to: dfnj2015
www.cracked.com...

edit on 26-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Every time I say Happy Holidays I get frowned at. I think it's time to put Santa Clause back into Christmas. It's about the children!

Please join me in my campaign to put Santa Clause back into Christmas. It's about the children!

Well my muslim coworker wished me a Merry Christmas without bursting into flames or some such a thing and I said Merry Christmas back to him and he didn't get all jihad or anything.

Personally i'd like to fill a lake out of the tears of people crying about hearing the word Christmas and bathe in their Christmas sorrow.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join