It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: President is probably right: he doesn't get due credit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: DanDanDat

PLEASE adjust your thread title while you still can. Remember, characters beyond "." and "-" , generally do not show up in the ATS thread title, when viewing the list of ATS threads. Weird...but it is what it is. It looks like you're referring to the CNN President.

My apologies, but it is to late now to edit the post title.

Thanks for the info I will try to remember it the next time I make a post.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
From an editorial stance, their opinions are welcomed and needed.

From a journalistic stance, their opinions are unwanted and create noise in the flow of information.

If they could discern one from the other, and even more importantly if the people could discern one from the other, it would make life in this country much more bearable.

Instead, I got to enjoy reading through a thread on FB about how Trumps tweet on him heading the push back on the war on Christmas ruined Christmas for people. Instead of laughing at the absurd comments by Trump, people got upset in a very hyperbolic way.

2017 was a great year for me personally. I've not laughed so much in a long time. Both sides of this political mendacity prostrate themselves in ways that make me wonder if they'd faint at the sight of a mouse.

I agree with your sentiment; if for no other reason im glad Trump won as it's exposed the circuse in fun new ways.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

There is also the issue that a lot of what he's done has been met with an immediate pushback by Americans. In a country that hasn't had a lot of mass protests, we're starting to see an increasing number. This doesn't help him. Nor does his constant Twitter gaffes.

The article also points out the reason why his approval rating is the lowest of any modern president and is unlikely to rise: he's carrying out the agenda of his friends and of a small group.

And even in this polarized political age, the President's failure to reach out beyond his own core power base of political support is remarkable.

and

The melodrama in the West Wing, with its firings, leaks and tensions, meanwhile, has created a picture of White House that has often struggled to implement its agenda or get out of its own way.

It is not surprising, then, that Trump's approval ratings are in the tank given that, as a first-year president, he has already seen four associates charged or plead guilty.
(which also shows that he does not know how to pick the very best people for any job.)

From my limited experience of only the last 25 years or so of following politics; president's carrying out the agenda of their friends and of a small group has been the norm not the exception. And I'm willing to bet it was also true far prior to my teenage years as well. It leaves me baffled* why the news media is treating Trump differently.

*trufuly I'm not baffled I'm sure it's all over money and rating.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: intrptr

But now, he has secured the most sweeping tax overhaul bill in 30 years, one that slashes the corporate rate by 14% and will give most Americans, for now at least, a bump in their paycheck.

Tax cuts for the rich. For the poor, promises to keep.

The stock market is roaring, up 5,000 points since he took office.

Taxes , profits and production up, for big business.

(S)electing a business man to invade the Peoples Oval Office was stupid. Wait and see how stupid was as stupid dids.

The quote is from CNN, so they clearly do not agree with your interpretation of the situation. They aren't know for lieing infavor of Trump or the republicans so I'm inclined to believe it when they do say something positive about them.

Yah well we all know the Oligarchs write themselves favorable legislation and then blame the presider. Scapegoat is his job title.

My point was the corporations got their tax cut by christmas, the workers got a promise 'by February'.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
From my limited experience of only the last 25 years or so of following politics; president's carrying out the agenda of their friends and of a small group has been the norm not the exception. And I'm willing to bet it was also true far prior to my teenage years as well. It leaves me baffled* why the news media is treating Trump differently.

*trufuly I'm not baffled I'm sure it's all over money and rating.

Not to this extent, no. They do carry out the mandate of their party and one of the results has been that the voting electorate gets discouraged or disgusted and just don't vote. Trump has irked enough people that this seems to be changing. And since he seems to want to govern by fiat (Executive Order) rather than by attempting to bring both parties together, he's not going to improve his image in any substantial way.

You can see a list of Federal scandals here

To date, the longest list in the past 25 years belong to both Bush presidents. The shortest one (oddly enough) belongs to Clinton. Right now (near the end of the first year for Trump) he's closing in on the total number of scandals for Clinton's eight year period.

It's not over money and ratings - though it is about power and abuse of power. In Trump's case, it's also about the constant lies and over-inflating of truth (taking credit for things he actually didn't do) along with his expensive tastes (and expensive family) and non-transparency about his income.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The things he claims in order to get credit aren't credit worthy.

He's not responsible for record breaking stock markets. This is going on worldwide, it's nothing to do with DT. It was going on with Obama and continues under Trump.

Same with unemployment, record lows were being hit under Obama policies. Candidate Trump bashed these policies and bashed the numbers as "Fake News", then as soon as he became President, took full credit for the numbers, as an indication that somehow his election miraculously cured the economy.

2018 will be the year that Trump's complete lack of economic policy will start to show.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hey ... the tax cuts help almost anyone working with kids / dependents.

Each dependent used to have a deduction of around 2500, and that has been increased per dependent to 12500 each.

That is a big win for people in the lower but still working and paying taxes (not on welfare) demographic, mostly of a younger age.

Go go go. Great tax cuts. Truly great. This helps the lowest two up an coming generations, and will not be forgotten.

edit on 27-12-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: expounded a couple words ...

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Also, any property owners paying property tax should probably go ahead and pre-pay your property taxes for 2018, and make a photocopy of your check. This way, you can claim the deduction one last time, before losing it .... '

You just must make sure your check is written before the end of 2017; so, that it still has a 2017 date on the check.

If you wait to pay for the next fiscal year, this deduction will be gone.

Look into it, and if you have the spare cash, you are going to pay this anyway; so, why not pay early and deduct it one last time?

edit on 27-12-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: added a little info

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Each dependent used to have a deduction of around 2500, and that has been increased per dependent to 12500 each.

Thats not a refund, its a deduction. Did they deduct the loss to inflation? How about deflation? Or Shrinkflation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join