It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have your cat gifts ready?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Byrd, how wonderful that you adopted the 13 year old, or rather she adopted you. I have loved cats my entire life and have loved, rescued and lost many through the years. They were all amazing and precious to me.

Love your informative thread!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I hate cats. Terrible pets. Why would you want a pet that despises you most of the time?

They don't!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Here's some of the cats i used to make,i only have these 4 left,but they are easy to make.
1)Take a bottle,like say,an empty Tabasco sauce bottle.
2) Then use wet toiletpaper (much more pliable than regular paper) to form a basic cat shape around the bottle,and allow to dry.
3) Paint in any way you wish,b+w,bright or pastel colours,whichever you like and allow to dry. These cats are from a time when my kitchen and diningroom had Mexican style interior deco,so i went with bright colours.
4) Optional - For a glossy look,clear gloss spraypaint can be applied if you wish.

I actually don't know many cat legends and folk tales,but this one has stuck with me since early childhood. I had an illustrated fairytale/folk tale book,and this was my favorite story from that book:

en.wikipedia.org...

The summary is the basic storyline,with an illustration of surprised people,as their cat says the line "Then i am now the King of the Cats" and jumps right into the fireplace.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Never heard of this.
Although the kids had a Christmas list for santa to bring the 2 cats stuff...and of course he did. 2 boxes of meow mix single serve cups of that gravy like cat food.
2 mega packs of party mix and a laser pointer. Complete in their own stocking each.
The dog also got spoiled. Huge bag of beggin strips and a bag of raw hides.
$4000 this Christmas...thank eff it's over.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No kidding, cats are perceptive, if a person hates them, they know and are not going to warm up to them too much.
My cat is super friendly, loves to hang out with me and my friends.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Here's some of the cats i used to make,i only have these 4 left,but they are easy to make.
1)Take a bottle,like say,an empty Tabasco sauce bottle.
2) Then use wet toiletpaper (much more pliable than regular paper) to form a basic cat shape around the bottle,and allow to dry.
3) Paint in any way you wish,b+w,bright or pastel colours,whichever you like and allow to dry. These cats are from a time when my kitchen and diningroom had Mexican style interior deco,so i went with bright colours.
4) Optional - For a glossy look,clear gloss spraypaint can be applied if you wish.

I actually don't know many cat legends and folk tales,but this one has stuck with me since early childhood. I had an illustrated fairytale/folk tale book,and this was my favorite story from that book:

en.wikipedia.org...

The summary is the basic storyline,with an illustration of surprised people,as their cat says the line "Then i am now the King of the Cats" and jumps right into the fireplace.

What charming kitties! I love all the bright colors!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Never heard of this.
Although the kids had a Christmas list for santa to bring the 2 cats stuff...and of course he did. 2 boxes of meow mix single serve cups of that gravy like cat food.
2 mega packs of party mix and a laser pointer. Complete in their own stocking each.
The dog also got spoiled. Huge bag of beggin strips and a bag of raw hides.
$4000 this Christmas...thank eff it's over.

I always get presents for my daughter's dog... the silly thing thinks I'm one of the absolute best humans on the planet and goes nuts (scampering around, yipping, wagging her whole body) when she sees me at the door. So of course I bring presents for the dog... and feed her (we go to dog-friendly restaurants), etc.

I'm more a cat person than a dog person, but this lil' canine is so loveable!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

My Siamese is friendly too and enjoys other people.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
To add a bit more...

British Museum, item # EA64391

Probably the most iconic statue of Bast, this one is called the Gayer-Anderson cat - so called because Major Gayer-Anderson donated the cat to the British museum. He bought her in in the 1930's in or near Saqqara (one of the most important sites for ancient Egyptians) and restored her (his hobby was restoring antiquities, and she was in fairly poor shape when he bought her.)

She dates to the time of Cleopatra, and the rings (ears and nose) may not have originally been present. There are other images of Bastet with earrings, but only when she's in her humanoid form. And there's no other known statue (or depiction) of Bastet with a nose ring.

The figure is bronze, with gold and silver inlaid in narrow channels. If you look at detailed pictures, you can see that her tail has rings on it - Bastet, a solar deity, was golden in color... a golden tabby.

Our modern idea of her as a black (patina-ed bronze) feline comes from this very statue.
edit on 26-12-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Mac, you spend way too much for Christmas!

The laser pointer is a great gift for kitties!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A not so warm and fuzzy cat picture.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thank you
They're great fun to make,especially the painting.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ya I know I always tend to go a little overboard at Christmas for the family.
I try to make Christmas as enjoyable for my kids as possible.
And now that their getting older, it's like everything they want is $100 or more.
But I love em, their worth it

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Truth be told, I love my two cats. Yet I will NOT replace them when they die and secretly (to them) look forward to a day without them.

They smell HORRIBLE!

Same with my piddle partner dog!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Ditto on those sentiments. I had both my cats die last year. One death due to alligator and another due to old age. i am not replacing them.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That is odd..your cats shouldn't smell!

This is a neat thread Byrd! I've never heard of this custom. I think I will adopt it this year!

Like Nightstar, I've loved and lost many beloved cats over the years. ALL of our cats are so affectionate and loving.. it baffles me that they get such a bad wrap. it's got to be the people who are around them. Be aware that they will reflect your own traits back at you.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

What are you feeding them?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I got some real soft cat skin gloves.
I wanted Ginger but that cat is too quick so I had to go for the older tortoise shell one.
edit on 30-12-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join