It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about a person before meeting them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
For months in advance, I dreamt about a special well known place. It's a beautiful mountain top, easily accessible yet offering staggeringly gorgeous views. I felt drawn to it, although I live thousands of miles away. Not Close Encounters of the Third Kind insanity, but almost.

I had planned an entirely different trip and paid for it, but changed everything only weeks before. I found crazy inexpensive flights, and everything fell into place.

I had a silly notion that something monumental would happen there, there was an immediacy I hadn't felt before. My dreams went into overdrive, but I could only retain bits and pieces- little details that made no sense: a calm energy of peace connected to a person, a hot beverage, a branch of science, a country and a voice.

Well, I made it. My face hurt from grinning so hugely and I sat near the summit and cried. I felt free from all burdens, even the ones I willingly bear for those I love.

I met someone there, he had the voice and within an hour he brought up each topic himself- the branch of science, the country, the hot beverage- and he had an air of calm and a purity about him that is so rare and unusual.

This meeting, I thought, was why I was drawn here. This isn't a love story, or maybe its not one that makes any sense. There's an undeniable connection between us and through the years we dance into and out of each other's lives- after all we live thousands of miles apart. There's never weirdness about it, or awkwardness that isn't burned away by laughing.

A visit from him, a visit from me and meetings halfway in between. Each time, that feeling of connection, knowing, and peace.

My life is rooted in practical and rational pursuits and so is his. I'm not haunted about this, but I would like to understand it. Was this a supernatural event to bring two people together for some future purpose? I don't dream lottery numbers, I'm no psychic. How do I explain this?

Extra info: our lives mirror each other, we face similar challenges and wounds and similar talents. I know without him telling me when he's having a really good or a really bad time, and vice versa.

Can anyone share thoughts?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sayaangel

Sounds like a soul mate to me .

I have one my self .

We met online in our teens by chance .
Years went by and we carried on with an online relationship.

Finally in our 20s we met! Partly because she was due to get married and she wanted to make sure she wasn't marrying the wrong person. Because I was young,shy and affriad I let the moment slip by me when we were sitting quietly in her car together with locked eyes . I felt it in my heart that she was the one I wanted for the rest of my life . A simple kiss would have given me that. But I let it slip away because of doubt and fear. I should have followed my heart . But no regrets ! We both went on to have kids and kept in contact over the years and still do . We have become the best of friends and I truly wish only for her to be happy ! Be it with me or with somebody else .

Some years ago I was at a wedding and I saw a woman I couldn't take my eyes off of . This woman reminded me of her ! So much . Finally I approached this woman and begain to tell her how much she reminded me of this girl I had met online etc. Come to find out it was her sister !!! What are the odds ? We lived miles and miles apart ...

We often joke about how we will end up together some day. I truly belive that . But at the same time we have to respect and honor her marriage. While not denying how we truly feel.

What can you do?

Don't make the mistake like I did and let your soul mate slip away .
Otherwise you will have to wait 50 years like me

But what a great love story we will make!!

Sending love your way !

Kap.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Thank you for sharing your story Kap- hope you can be with her sooner rather than later.

So many obstacles in the way, I guess in hindsight they'd seem much smaller.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The past few days i was thinking about making a
thread like this,but didn't really know what to write
i'am going through a similar experience, and trying
to understand what's going on.
I haven't meet this person yet,but i dream about him for many
years,since the beginning of this month i've been feeling very
sad thinking about him non stop , and wondering if we ever
going to find each other.
Best of Luck to you ,and thanks for making this thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is a great Christmas time thread. We don't know what the future has in store for us but I've heard when one door closes, another one opens. I became unemployed and suddenly my mothers medical condition worsened. Being unemployed allowed me time to tend to her full time until she recovered a bit. I was hoping I wasn't hurting my career chances by not searching nationwide and taking any job in my career that pops up. Anyway she's getting professional care now and I'm working on learning new job skills. I knew last year I did not want to continue doing everything I was in my previous job for the rest of my life. My job responsibilities had changed. I was no longer qualified for promotion and had majored in a different area of expertise.

Anyway after I start making consistent income I will return to looking for a female mate or friend. Maybe my future will move me in directions I am not aware of right now. I wish good fortune to others searching for a mate. I'm taking a break and working on establishing consistent income. Maybe I will start a business that will be very successful. I already started one little side business. I'm keeping it secret from everyone except 2 of my relatives. I doubt a prospective employer would want to hear a potential employee has their own side business and corporation. Starting a second one doing ecommerce if successful could provide income but I know very little about it except what I learned in a free webinar. I may be trying to do too much at one time and others may wonder why I haven't gotten a job yet. I'm also managing my relatives finances and bills which she has plenty to sort through. I stated on my resume my part time care giving ended 3 months ago but maybe I shouldn't list it at all on my resume. Then it would appear as if I have done almost nothing this past year which is far from the truth. Some of this may seem off topic but I will explain soon below.

I have a lot of questions about the future. My life seems to be in flux but I'm still living in the same place for over 20 years. I seem to be setting my own path in life. I'm not sure what will happen next. I'm hoping for the best and taking some steps to try different things because I knew I wanted change.

I will add I believe I sometimes dream about alternate realities. When one boss quit a few years ago and a new boss was going to be hired, I suddenly remembered a boss I never saw before in this life but did not like him as my boss in a dream world. I swear I saw him leaving a job interview to potentially be my boss. He looked exactly like the boss I didn't like in a dream world. I asked about him and heard my second boss who interviewed him said he didn't like him. I was happy about that. I never saw him before that I could remember in this life. Maybe everything does happen for a reason. We can hope it was for a good reason. When one door closes, another one opens. I'm hoping fate or a higher power is guiding my life in the right direction so I will be happy. I've heard things happen for a reason and I've seen a number of strange things.
edit on 26/12/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I've had a series of dreams a few times before seeing a certain person from the past... Had a few chance encounters where I knew that person was in the vicinity.

I've toyed with the idea that we live multiple lives on Earth or maybe we live the same life more than once, certain souls are meant to interact whether that be for the worse or better.

Not sure if that's true but yeah... How else can you explain such things?

Figured I'd post this song, thanks for the thread

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
oops...

Merry Christmas, to all
edit on 26-12-2017 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

We often joke about how we will end up together some day. I truly belive that . But at the same time we have to respect and honor her marriage. While not denying how we truly feel.

Seems terribly unfair to her current partner. So he's the third wheel, in the way, but to be respected as he got in first, but as soon as he carks it or she decides she's done with him, she'll resume her destined role as your soul mate?

This is why I think soul mates are complete bullshine. completely. There is no such thing, at all. Your "happily ever after", the soul mate you think you could never have lived without, were always meant to be, forever and blah blah, it's all crap. She's with someone RIGHT NOW who possibly feels that way about her, and here you both are laughing at him behind his back at how pathetic their relationship is given you both secretly have your soul mate kinship waiting till he's out of the way.

Maybe I'd not be so jaded had this had not happened to me, so called soul mate, as soon as it gets too hard, off with someone else. it's a load of crap. The lies, the deceit, the betrayal stringing them along too cowardly to be honest about things..

If it only takes 50 years to find a soul mate, someone that you're supposed to be with forever and always, then it's not a really great soul mate.. more like a 'fling'.

bad thread for me. Damn 'festive' season...

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Several years ago, I had a dream where I went to a restaurant because I was supposed to meet and have lunch/dinner with a person named X (I won't provide the name).

The very next day I receive a random message on linkedin from a person with the same name, who I had never met or even heard of before, asking me if I wanted to get together for lunch sometime and talk about the work I was doing. It was freaky.

True story.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Seems like an awful experience bad0wolf, sorry to learn of it. I don't think the concept of 'soul mates' excuses infidelity in anyway, either emotionally or physically.

I don't know if soul mates exist or even if the connection we have is necessarily romantic. I'm trying to figure out why dreams led me thousands of miles away to connect with a specific person. In my case, there are no other attachments or commitments to others involved- if there were, i would not act.

Many years ago i loved someone and we had that crazy connection that would not quit. When we were finally together, we learned after hurting each other terribly that it was a fantasy relationship fueled by 'if onlys' and real life intruded. We had to let it go, and we are both the better for it.

All the best to you and for you.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thank you for adding your dream/ meeting. Did anything monumental come of it in the end?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

When I was at primary school in the U.K. I was bullied relentlessly by a boy called Scott Adams who had a huge strawberry birthmark up the right side of his neck and face.

My family eventually moved many miles away and after the summer holidays I started the last year of primary school. Here I was bullied by a kid called Adam Scott with a huge burn scar up the right side of his neck and face.

Weird and true.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Sorry for your experience. But are we to deny our feelings?
She very much loves her husband and may very well be with him for the rest of her life . I am ok with that! As long as she is happy ! I'm not trying to move in and take her away ! Nor is she trying to leave him ! We don't mock and do the things you say. We talk about the "What if" . What if something were to happen to him or their relationship and we ended up together at an old age ? So what ? He has her heart just as she has his ! It obviously wasn't ment to be for us at this point . We are friends and we keep it that way . I will not deny my feelings that she is my soul mate if I did I would be lying to my self .

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I find that when you get old it happens all the time,when I see a pretty lady I always say"where were you 30 years ago" lol,I'm still waiting to meet the one that knocks me off my feet,that isn't younger then my daughter,not that I'm not attracted,but I remember seeing my father in law in late 50's with a 27 yr old girlfriend,made him look even older

top topics

join