It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS says that Pennsylvania shootings were terrorism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
CNN

The Department of Homeland Security is calling a series of shootings targeting law enforcement in Pennsylvania a "terror attack."

Authorities said Ahmed Aminamin El-Mofty, 51, was shot and killed by police Friday in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, after he fired several times at law enforcement officers throughout the city.

The string of shootings began just steps from the state's Capitol building when El-Mofty fired several times at a Capitol Police officer and then, shot and injured at a state trooper. Later, he used two handguns to open fire at several officers who then returned fire and killed him, according to a statement from the Dauphin County district attorney's office.

Not a lot of coverage of this incident other than local news... and this CNN.com story.

I wonder how many incidents like this occur that we don't hear about because of lack of coverage?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Probably here in the days to come that the FBI "were aware of Mr El Mofty" another groom/sting?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
is this an isolated incident or has this been happening? live only a few hours away from there

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
is this an isolated incident or has this been happening? live only a few hours away from there

Here is a link to the WGAL TV report out of Lancaster.
Happened Friday.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Chain migration baby.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Awfully convenient this terrorism label, so anyone who commits crimes of violence could essentially be labeled a terrorist and jailed without rights period.

So Joe citizen loses it like in the movie falling down, instead of reporting truth they can just label it terrorism ,I guess people aren't interested in truth anyway. I dont like slippery slope like this.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So Joe citizen loses it like in the movie

Try to draw a line between reality and movies . You don't want to be known as "one of those people"
An awful stigma to be attached to someone

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Okeydokey, just look at my username, the least of my problems are worrying about what people think of me.

As a Trump supporter you must understand what it's like to be that guy, so thanks I appreciate you looking out for me.

edit on 26-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Chain migration baby.

Ahmed Amin El-Mofty was a naturalized U.S. citizen who was admitted to the United States from Egypt on a family-based immigrant visa. El-Mofty was killed yesterday in a shootout after allegedly opening fire and targeting police at multiple locations in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The long chain of migration that led to the suspect's admission into the United States was initiated years ago by a distant relative of the suspect."

But. But but....

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: butcherguy

Awfully convenient this terrorism label, so anyone who commits crimes of violence could essentially be labeled a terrorist and jailed without rights period.

So Joe citizen loses it like in the movie falling down, instead of reporting truth they can just label it terrorism ,I guess people aren't interested in truth anyway. I dont like slippery slope like this.

By their definition of "terrorism" anyone and everyone could be prosecuted for it...

But with the classical definition, to be an act of terrorism, that act should seek to further a cause.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

top topics

join