It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend Shoots Friend To "See How It Feels". Friend Dead, Black Man Blamed..But You Won't Believe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I know all the laws and blah blah blah...Still doesnt change the fact that there isnt ONE CONSTRUCTIVE THING that you use a 9 for.

I agree, the only "constructive" thing that it does for me is the same pupose a teddy bear does for a small child....It make me feel better.

Nothing concrete though, but since I've been around them all my life it helps....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
well, if your kid gets his hand on your "teddy bear"...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've heard the gun arguement before , personally if you want to own a gun thats fine, Me i'd prefer a dog, rott or doberman for home protection.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hence the education and locking mechanism....

I once read about dogs being the best security system you can have. Does anyone have documentation for this. I received my data from police officers by word of mouth. They say if a neighborhood burglary is going on and the crook gets to the house and hears a dog, its not worth it, they skip to the next house. We lived in a high crime area once and had two very noisy beagle mixes. House several houses were broken into on our block, (one next to ours) but never ours. The cops told us it was due to the dogs.....

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Right on bro. Dogs work well. Besides, who has time to find the gun, load and disarm the trigger guard? Hence, it stays loaded in a night stand next to the bed. Mommie and daddy say "Dont Touch !", then when junior blows his brains out all over the wall, they want to sue the gun maker..

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
I know all the laws and blah blah blah...Still doesnt change the fact that there isnt ONE CONSTRUCTIVE THING that you use a 9 for.

Law enforcement.

Criminals are a lot less likely to fight their way out of a situation if a cop is pointing a 9 in their direction from 10 feet away. Think of how many cop's lives have been saved by their pieces making a knife wielding maniac think twice before attacking his way out of a bad situation.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Law enforcement.

Criminals are a lot less likely to fight their way out of a situation if a cop is pointing a 9 in their direction from 10 feet away. Think of how many cop's lives have been saved by their pieces making a knife wielding maniac think twice before attacking his way out of a bad situation.

you should have included the WHOLE quote..

IMHO ------> Guns are stupid and a waste. Nothing productive comes from them. Not one productive thing. Nothing would make me happier than to see them all go away. Let the people who need em, have em. But I cant see a reason for any normal family to have a loaded 9 under the mattress. Just no good reason.

--" let the poeple who need them have them"..Cops no problem, even though i prefer the non lethal weapons, but oh well....I still dont think that handguns belong in civilians hands..never will

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You seem to be the type of person whe believes the police will always be there to protect you. You do realize most crimes especially firearms crimes are not commited in the presence of law enforcement officers. You do realize the majority of crimes are completed long before the police arrive to the scene don't you. What good is a hand gun posessed by a police officer going to do you when it is several miles away.

I personally have little or no faith in the police to actually be there to prevent someone from harming myself or my family and would hate to live in a world where there are enough police to prevent these things from happening.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
SKIBUM ----> It doesnt matter to me if the cops can be there to prevent it. There are to many times they pull someone over, or have a hostage situation to deal with. Bottom lines, cops need handguns. He with the gun has the power. Just last year a state trooper was killed about a mile from here. Alls he did was pull over to help a "stranded" motorist. Turns out the motorist was wanted for something and he shot the cop. Now granted, this cop didnt make efficent use of his firearm, but how did they apprehend the guy? By asking nicely? Nope. But when your starinng down a few barrels it tends to change your mind.

Plus, if no civilians owned guns, the cop woudl be alive, the kid wouldnt be in jail, and everyones life would be better

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Plus, if no civilians owned guns, the cop woudl be alive, the kid wouldnt be in jail, and everyones life would be better

See but if no civilians owned guns that dont mean no criminals will own guns. That just means only criminals would have guns.They will get them if they are banned or not.

So I dont know if your own self defense is considered a "constructive " reason but many do. And no gun owner will ever force you to own a gun if you dont want one. I dont understand why these same people so often what to force gun owners to agree to what they believe.

The great thing about the US is you can always move to state were its already banned. Say Hawaii or one of the fine cities where they are also banned NYC,Chicago,D.C we all know they are Eutopias free of guns thanks to the ban.

Personally im a target shooter its a real sport and I consider it constructive.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
SHADOW XIX ----> Great poster. Love your stuff.

I hate to argue the gun control issue. My father is an avid collector fo rifles and such. He probably has 200 or so. He travels around and buys old antiques, or goes to gun shows. He has a dealer license and is audited by the government once a year. I am fully aware that there are responsible owners. I am also aware that banning guns wont keep them out of criminals hands. (BTW---I live about 20 minutes outside of chicago).

I think Chris Rock said it best when he said " We dont need gun control, we need bullet control ! I think all bullets should cost $5000. If all bullets cost $5000 there would be no more "innocent by-standers" "

What would also help would be a mandatory 20 year term for unauthorized possesion of a gun. And, if it was used in the comission of a crime, you get life. No parole. If a kid shoots himself with dads gun, dad gets 20 years. If the kid takes dads gun and commits a crime with it, 20 years. Punish the hell out of em. Scare the hell out of em.

Then, law abiding citizens, such as yourself could keep up the target practice...Which is really for what? Targeting a human at some point. Admit it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i've let my friends shoot me countless times while wearing a flak jacket without the ceramic trauma plates and it never broke through. one time my friend was really drunk and when he shot he missed the vest and i got hit in the head. he through down the red ryder and ran but i caught up to him and kicked him in the throat.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join