It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Jimmy Carter reports a UFO sighting with multiple witnesses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Soon to be president, Jimmy Carter reported a UFO incident while at Leary, Georgia, in 1969. He experienced the event with multiple witnesses.

He filed a report with National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) and the International UFO Bureau.

While governor of Georgia at the time, Carter was asked to file a report of the sighting by the International UFO Bureau in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, which he did in September 1973.

One evening in 1969, two years before he became governor of Georgia, Carter was preparing to give a speech at a Lions Club meeting. At about 7:15 pm (EST), one of the guests called his attention to a strange object that was visible about 30 degrees above the horizon to the west of where he was standing. Carter described the object as being bright white and as being about as bright as the moon. It was said to have appeared to have closed in on where he was standing but to have stopped beyond a stand of pine trees some distance from him. The object is then said to have changed color, first to blue, then to red, then back to white, before appearing to recede into the distance. Carter felt that the object was self-illuminated, and not solid in nature. Carter's report indicates that it was witnessed by about ten or twelve other people, and was in view for ten to twelve minutes before it passed out of sight.
- Jimmy Carter UFO incident

In 1973 Carter said (Sheaffer 1998:20–21) There were about twenty of us standing outside of a little restaurant, I believe, a high school lunch room, and a kind of green light appeared in the western sky. This was right after sundown. It got brighter and brighter. And then it eventually disappeared. It didn't have any solid substance to it, it was just a very peculiar-looking light. None of us could understand what it was.

Speaking in a 2005 interview, Carter states: All of a sudden, one of the men looked up and said, 'Look, over in the west!' And there was a bright light in the sky. We all saw it. And then the light, it got closer and closer to us. And then it stopped, I don’t know how far away, but it stopped beyond the pine trees. And all of a sudden it changed color to blue, and then it changed to red, then back to white. And we were trying to figure out what in the world it could be, and then it receded into the distance.

-----

This is reminiscent of some shape-shifting UFO's many have seen since he said that it did not appear to be solid. They are something, like liquid in nature like an amoeba or the element mercury. I can be wrong that that is what he is referring to.

-----

Jimmy Carter was determined to find out what happened and what the government knew about UFO's.

He said on national television that he was going to make public everything the government knew about UFO's.

During his campaign trail he was asked "will you tell the truth about UFO's?". He replied "Yes, he will disclose everything the government knew about UFO's." (Interviewer is paraphrasing. From - NASA's Unexplained Files (Science Channel))

During his 1976 election campaign, he is said to have told reporters that, as a result of it, he would institute a policy of openness if he were elected to office, saying: "One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky. If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists."
- Link

He supposedly approached intelligence, the CIA (according to a documentary) and demanded that he know what was going on. He was told by the director at the time, George H. W. Bush, that he did not have a 'need to know'.

I believe after a few meetings, he became quiet on the subject.

"But then something mysterious happened. Just as it seems a standoff is on the cards, Carter makes a U-turn retracting his promise to declassify UFO documents"

He cites a serious threat to national security as the reason for backing down. President Carter never mentions the word UFO again.
- NASA's Unexplained Files, Science Channel

Despite his earlier pledge, once elected, Carter distanced himself from disclosure, citing "defense implications" as being behind his decision.
- Article

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I remember this, even though only a teenager at the time, I was so happy he became President, and waited, and waited, and waited for him to keep his promise. I get why he didn't though.

Christmas Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Fascinating. To those who say they aren't covering anything, it's clear they are if all these words are fact, and I think they are. Also shows, what is the chance of Gov having that tech at that time? The plane was invented in 1903

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
This is reminiscent of some shape-shifting UFO's many have seen since he said that it did not appear to be solid. They are something, like liquid in nature like an amoeba or the element mercury.

Two things come to mind

1. Even as President this Carter guy backed down on earlier promises to open up the files on the UFO phenomenon. They must know more than they are letting on.

2. The shapeshifting ufo. I've seen orbs shape shift into a body builders dumbbell. What if those same shapeshifters can turn into people? Are there people out there, maybe some in high up positions who are infact the result of shape shifters? Did they steal the original infant / person and replace it with a replica / shape shifter?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

This is reminiscent of some shape-shifting UFO's many have seen since he said that it did not appear to be solid. They are something, like liquid in nature like an amoeba or the element mercury.

Two things come to mind

1. Even as President this Carter guy backed down on earlier promises to open up the files on the UFO phenomenon. They must know more than they are letting on.

2. The shapeshifting ufo. I've seen orbs shape shift into a body builders dumbbell. What if those same shapeshifters can turn into people? Are there people out there, maybe some in high up positions who are infact the result of shape shifters? Did they steal the original infant / person and replace it with a replica / shape shifter?

1) It may also just be metaphysical guidance, if world is not ready for disclosure, consciousness will stop it, hence why those with the ability to disclose never have, yet the ones who have less volume always do, as in jimmy's and many other cases

2) no, the human biological unit is too complex, and social cues would be too obvious if non-human. you know, the 6th sense, you can tell when something isn't right. especially humans who's DNA is engineered to understand other's to a T

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: makalit

With the amount of sightings recently added to nuclear power / weapons getting really out of hand is useage and number of states gaining the technology, whether the world is ready or not for disclosure the ufos might be forcing the governmental overlords hand towards the drip drip disclosure, assuming the ufos are here to monitor us and save us from ourselves.

I know what you mean regarding shape shifting into a person. Too complex. The ufos shapshift is some like weird liquid at work, like a swirling mass in a gyroscope motion that from a distance gives the appearance of shape

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

If you think about it they could easily have a set of wires with 8 legged wires from each inch and light up certain ones to make desired shapes at a time.

I think you got the wrong impression of war/nuclear weapons cause the impression I know is each country enjoys being at peace just as you or I

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

If you think about it they could easily have a set of wires with 8 legged wires from each inch and light up certain ones to make desired shapes at a time.

That sounds like a Christmas tree or advertising board. Shape shifters operate using a swirling mass like molton liquid metal swirling in a clockwise direction

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Carter changed his mind because of what he was told under the umbrella of its a matter of national security! So what he was told must have been very significant and been given reasons which he had not previously understood for why it must be kept secret!

So what were the reasons he was given for non-disclosure that compelled him to change is mind and break his promise?

Was it because there was a threat or an agreement with ET's (which would map with other stories about agreements), or was it because of worry about panic and economic collapse, or was it because they are already here among us and in control, or................................?

If you could determine the reason you have the truth.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
Fascinating. To those who say they aren't covering anything, it's clear they are if all these words are fact, and I think they are. Also shows, what is the chance of Gov having that tech at that time? The plane was invented in 1903

I know it to be 100% chance we had it in 1969 because we captured the NAZI Bell during the latter stages of WW2 which is a probably man made UFO the Germans were experimenting with to win the war.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the reason is that along w the UFO phenomenon came other realizations and technologies they would like to suppress. One being energy generation. Perhaps the free energy device everyone talks about is true which can extract energy from a vacuum, or some other cheap and efficient energy. This would collapse the world power/government infrastructure which depends on making profits from oil. Perhaps it also has to do with other realizations concerning consciousness and other-dimesionalities. Perhaps ET do not want to have humans running around the galaxy/dimensions running amok at this time, especially with who is in charge. Perhaps one particular race of ET already work with the secret government and they have an agenda that favors secrecy while firing/shooting at other beings who come within the proximity of the Earth.
edit on 25-12-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh, for God's sake, THIS again. President Carter saw a light in the sky, a daylight disk that trumps only a nocturnal light on the Hynek scale. You can all breathlessly call it a UFO if you want, but it was a light in the sky in the early evening that just happened to be at the exact same declination as the planet Venus. If course he had witnesses. they all saw Venus as well. This kind of sighting is why lots of people do not take UFOs seriously.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
and the clowns still say venus!
hahahahahahhahah!

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

if it was venus, then why i have never seen an simulation that showed venus in that position that day?

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Ok a light that changed from blue to red than back to white, flew in different directions and hovered in place.

You have to give people more credit. Not everyone is stupid. People know when they see something unusual. When it moves people like that and effects their lives so greatly, you know it was significant.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Identifying a prosaic cause was made difficult because Carter reported the date and location incorrectly.

Once that data was corrected and new on-line newspaperrchives became available, an interesting coincidence appeared.

Carter's UFO story appears connected with a nearby NASA-launched barium-cloud experiment reported in the next day's local papers.
badufos.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the reason is that along w the UFO phenomenon came other realizations and technologies they would like to suppress. One being energy generation. Perhaps the free energy device everyone talks about is true which can extract energy from a vacuum, or some other cheap and efficient energy. This would collapse the world power/government infrastructure which depends on making profits from oil. Perhaps it also has to do with other realizations concerning consciousness and other-dimesionalities. Perhaps ET do not want to have humans running around the galaxy/dimensions running amok at this time, especially with who is in charge. Perhaps one particular race of ET already work with the secret government and they have an agenda that favors secrecy while firing/shooting at other beings who come within the proximity of the Earth.
Perhaps. Whatever the reason, its a BIGGY! Which infers we are definitely not alone and they are among us!

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What's wrong with the barium rocket theory?

WHY didn't a SINGLE 'ufologist' verify the original report? Too useful as propaganda, to risk solving?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
What's wrong with the barium rocket theory?

WHY didn't a SINGLE 'ufologist' verify the original report? Too useful as propaganda, to risk solving?

It was likely barium rocket and Venus.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
interesting

<<   2 >>

join